Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
what is the worst band that has ever reached ur goth ears? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

which would be the worst part?
  being dragged to a concert of a sucky band
  eating a bowl of live worms
View Results

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:23 pm
Laharl Part Deux
What is some of the worst music I've heard:

Fall Out Boy...I despise them. Mainly because every song sounds the same and as a musician that urks me. They need to take their music to a new place.

Amy Winehouse... Does anyone else think she reminds you of a really bad drag act? I certainly do. I mean I love drag queens, but there are bad and good drag queens. Amy Winehouse is not one of them.

Paramore...I'm just tired of hearing them. Their songs aren't good enough that you can play them two thousand times and not get sick of them.

Agree'd on all acounts except Paramore.

I concede though I don't like them, its an age thing, most people over the age of 18 don't like them.  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:52 pm
Rellik San
Laharl Part Deux
What is some of the worst music I've heard:

Fall Out Boy...I despise them. Mainly because every song sounds the same and as a musician that urks me. They need to take their music to a new place.

Amy Winehouse... Does anyone else think she reminds you of a really bad drag act? I certainly do. I mean I love drag queens, but there are bad and good drag queens. Amy Winehouse is not one of them.

Paramore...I'm just tired of hearing them. Their songs aren't good enough that you can play them two thousand times and not get sick of them.

Agree'd on all acounts except Paramore.

I concede though I don't like them, its an age thing, most people over the age of 18 don't like them.
No, most people with very good tastes in music don't like them.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:04 pm
I realized that with a lot of the more popular bands nowadays, especially the ridiculously famous ones, it's almost as if you can here the bands arrogance in their music. Like you get this overwhelming sense of "listen to me, look how great I am." It makes me rather sick to listen.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:06 am
Aiden
Rammstein
vnv nation
Buckcherry
Cute Is What Is We Aim For
HelloGoodbye
The Darkness
Avenged Sevenfold
Paramore  

XJetXBlackXHeart

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:57 pm
Laharl Part Deux
I realized that with a lot of the more popular bands nowadays, especially the ridiculously famous ones, it's almost as if you can here the bands arrogance in their music. Like you get this overwhelming sense of "listen to me, look how great I am." It makes me rather sick to listen.

It particularly bothers me with the superstars who claim to be down to Earth. Like Tori Amos, whose lyrics plead "just like you" but her voice drips arrogance.

If an artist is arrogant but embraces it? I'm generally not that annoyed. Really, although I dislike mainstream gangster rap, I'm not annoyed by the rappers. They admit they're in it for the money. They're open about it.

I'd rather listen to 50 Cent rap about his diamond toilet seats than hear Green Day talk sing about how hard they have it in "Jesus of Suburbia" while taking home $100,000 every week on tour.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:19 pm
GilAskan

I'd rather listen to 50 Cent rap about his diamond toilet seats than hear Green Day talk sing about how hard they have it in "Jesus of Suburbia" while taking home $100,000 every week on tour.
Disgusting, isn't it?  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:52 pm
GilAskan
Laharl Part Deux

It particularly bothers me with the superstars who claim to be down to Earth. Like Tori Amos, whose lyrics plead "just like you" but her voice drips arrogance.

If an artist is arrogant but embraces it? I'm generally not that annoyed. Really, although I dislike mainstream gangster rap, I'm not annoyed by the rappers. They admit they're in it for the money. They're open about it.

I agree it's more tolerable when the artist has admitted that they are full of it. That sort of thing doesn't bother me as long as it's outside of music but once it starts to corrode your supposed "art" that urks me. It also urks me when they are self-righteous hypocrites.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:14 am
GilAskan
The topic stated possibly addresses two questions-

"What is the worst goth band you have heard, or worst in your opinion?"

Or

"What is the worst band that you, a goth, have heard, or worst in your opinion?"

The worst goth band(s) I have heard would have to be Tragic Black and Bella Morte. Ugh, I cannot stand them!

To the second I would have to say anything metalcore. For some reason Christian college kids seem to LOVE that stuff. Haha. XD  

Ms Dahl

Melainis

Thirteenth Codger

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:47 am
I abhor Marilyn Manson.
gonk  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:30 am
Bands who name themselves after good songs, but the band sucks.
Not saying i hate them all, but it gets on my nerves a bit.  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

x_apathyslastkiss

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:18 pm
This is a toughie.
I don't really hate any bands.
It's always, "I wouldn't choose to listen to them, but I don't care if we listen to it."

Well, I can say that I pretty much hate death-metal and black-metal,
or whatever it is. My friend's the metal expert, not me.

Otherwise, I'd have to try and say:

Poison Control Center (icky icky.)
Jeffree Star

That's really all I can think of.
I'd list a huge amount of bands I think are bad in general,
but guaranteed I like a song or two by them.
xp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:51 pm
Daddy Yankee and all reggae music...  

Icafi

1,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:03 am
Icafi

Whats wrong with Reggae?

Y'know reggae being the basis for Ska and all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:28 am
Rellik San
Icafi

Whats wrong with Reggae?

Y'know reggae being the basis for Ska and all.

Oh, well, I think I hate it because my friends are ALL THE TIME listenin' to it...  

Icafi

1,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

kawashikimo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:55 pm
The worst too ever hit my ears is, mcr  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash