Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:28 pm

He was a big emo p***y until the legion broke away. He went and did good for a while, until he foresaw his own death. He then became all high and mighty about it, see: Soul Hunter.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Hmm books to read! Nemesis, and I got my hands on False Gods! I didn't think it'd be coming back to Chapters but I got it. :] An then I go I, Mengsk and a Diablo omnibus.

An I know the Kurtz thing because Apocalypse now is a modern day version of the Heart of Darkness which was a great book I must say.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:14 am

The Gothic Wars series is pretty good. The second novel really ended in a neat way. We need more Imperial Navy stories!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:56 am

There's Relentless, though that one is out of print as of now. It's an okay story, if a bit predictable and rushed towards the end.

Right now I've got Path of the Warrior and Sword of Justice. Both are bleh so far.. I'm hoping to get a signed copy of the First Heretic soon, as some guy owes me a favour.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:37 am

Lady Blodwynn
The Gothic Wars series is pretty good. The second novel really ended in a neat way. We need more Imperial Navy stories!
Or you could read some other stuff hun.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:21 am

Soul Hunter is good, makes you really root for the bad guys. The Witch Hunter omnibus and the recently released Brunner omnibus are also great reads. If you like a fun read and don't mind blatant format writing then go for the Cain series. Be warned though, the author likes to repeat himself with certain descriptions, plots and phrases at least once every novel.

Ah yes, lets not forget the outstanding Horus Heresy series so far, which is really worth picking up and the Times of Legend series, which is like the HH novels, only set in fantasy. I find all three series excellent reads, though if looking for action go with the Sigmar books. If looking for history on the Old World before men became civilized look to the Sundering novels. Info on the undead, go with the Nagash novels. Again, all three are excellent reads really!

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:17 am

I'm not that big on fantasy. sweatdrop

Though I am curious about the Horus Heresy.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:04 pm

Start with trying to read a copy of Horus Rising, if you can enjoy the tone and setting of that novel you're set. It's a real departure from the 40k setting, 30k, especially the first novels, feel different and in some cases very optimistic and make you believe that yes, this silly Imperium of Man can do it. Away with the stupidity that is religion, away with superstition, instead we have enlightenment of knowledge and freedom.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lunar Marionette

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:15 pm

I've just started reading the Malus Darkblade series, and I'm actually enjoying it. I always knew Dan Abnett to be a science fiction writer, this was his first piece of fantasy work i've come across.
I've also enjoyed the Mathias Thulmann trilogy, and Blood for the Blood God.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:17 pm

I've only read the Malus comics, which cemented Abnett for me as a Fantasy writer. His Riders of the Dead and Fell Cargo certainly helped furthering this opinion.

And yes! C.L. Werner is a great fantasy writer. The Witch Hunter trilogy is truly a great piece to read through and should you get the chance, his Brunner the Bounty Hunter series is also worth picking up.

Haven't read Blood for the Blood God yet though, I was kinda turned down by Palace of the Plague Lord.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:58 pm

I've only read Darkblade from the graphic novels, but i'm considering buying the two Omnibus books. I found Bloodstorm cheap enough the other day and brought it.

Read Blood for the Blood God. It is absolutely brilliant. A little slow, but its still worth the build up. Again the Mathias Thulmann trilogy is well worth the read, I'm expecting it to become a quadrilogy. There are definitely numerous back stories and ideas to bring Mathias out for another hunt.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:39 pm

The ending seems to imply otherwise.

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:31 am

I'll see what I can come across later today.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:14 am

Cover art for a vampire novel:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:54 am

What's with Saint Basil's Cathedral in the backround?
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games