Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

squirrel17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:53 pm
im Cassidy, and im 18
i started drawing when in was in the 6th grade and now i want to go into animation. not really "anime" but cartooning like in disney (but hopefully it wont be as perverted if you know what i mean) just in case the animation doesnt work out im practicing drawing portraits. as a matter of fact i made a topic on here asking for help on a certain portrait and it turned out great! ninja thanks for the advice!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:10 am
Hi, I'm Susannah.
I'm 16, living in Australia and planning on becoming a forensic artist some day LOL.
I began really studying anatomy and the like in 2007 when I was 14. I've improved a lot since then and hope to help others get to the place I'm at, easier than I did, and to learn a thing or two from some of the awesome artists here.
I favor a more realistic style, although I started with anime. : )
DA Gallarie  

no surrender

Death Faust IX

Magnetic Sex Symbol

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:22 am
Real name is Ken
--- an 18 year old out of school nobody in this damn earth livin in the damn country of Philippines in a rural town.
--- someone who thought art is something not in me but proved myself wrong when I tried stopping myself. I guess, it's an addiction, I guess it's my life.
--- I'm psychotic, diagnosed bipolar and suspected to have schizophrenia... Trying to be normal again, it's difficult, I want to change. sigh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:04 pm
Hello, i go by rusty or roco more than russell.
i am a chef, but i do draw when i have time and i draw mainly anime tried to draw life but found hard.
working on a mini comic and trying to get at least good shapes of the people.  

krono99

xx-Nile-xx

Distinct Gaian

1,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:51 am
Hii...I am Nile....19 yrs old and sophomore student majoring in computers in college...I'v been drawing with photoshop over a year now and I really look forward to improving with the help of this guild.

Nice to meet everyone razz

Oh n here is my DA gallery  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:53 pm
Hello, I'm Miro
I'm 17 year old, and have been drawing ever since I can remember.
I've been on Gaia for around 4 years now, on and off. I've recently opened a permanent art shop. Maybe you guys would like to come visit and chat a bit? heart

Shop
And here is my DA. smile  

Mirotic

hotone881

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:01 am
Hello(: im kathleen. and im 15. i live in nc and i loveee art. i love to draw and take pictures of random things. i love meeting new people. i ride horses for a living. i have 6 of my own(: and my favorite out of them all is blacky♥ he is my everything!! well i have lots more but just message me ((:  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:04 am
Hello! smile

My name is Lorena, I'm a professional illustrator since 2004, but I've been drawing since I remember. I've illustrated children books and fashion magazines, I also have a little line of plushies smile .

http://www.lorenaalvarez.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorena_alvarez/4209272006/
http://kokeshidoll.blogspot.com/  

Plum Cloud

Heart Warrior

12,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Vaporeae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:36 am
Hi :3

I'm Vaporeae. I'm also known as Vapour or Vapz. You can generally find me lurking around the writers forums. I've not really done any drawing related stuff on Gaia yet, so this'll be good.

I've been drawing for a while... I've a feeling I'm younger than a load of people here, but oh well. I draw manga... I used to draw really really really bad anime in year six (honestly, the heads were as big as the bodies and the legs bent in horrible directions. Awful proportion... at least I've improved since then). I love drawing. I take forever to do a finished coloured piece though. I also love writing, and I want to write novels. People are always saying that it's good that I can write and draw 'cause I could illustrate my own books... which is very tempting, to say the least :3

So yay~

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:45 am
Vaporeae
Hi :3

I'm Vaporeae. I'm also known as Vapour or Vapz. You can generally find me lurking around the writers forums. I've not really done any drawing related stuff on Gaia yet, so this'll be good.

I've been drawing for a while... I've a feeling I'm younger than a load of people here, but oh well. I draw manga...

Welcome Vapour! The earlyer you get into drawing the better youll become at it, so its a good thing your not coming on 20? Hah! Lot more to learn , lot easier.
I drew pathetically in year 6 bah, but I was the only person interested in drawing hoho! Ive noticed youre from england, what part?  

Nonobotica

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:28 pm
Hai!

I tend to go by hg <3

5th year college student with a major in Graphic Design (yay my last year almost graduating <3). I also work for one of the breedable shops here on Gaia <3 called Moonlore <3

I'm actually pretty handy in photoshop as well as illustrator so anyone wanting to know more about what to do and use in illustrator I am more than happy to help <3 As well as I am more than happy to help out anyone on tips with beginner graphic designers <3

As for painting and sketching I tend to keeps those more in my notebooks or on my computer <3 I tend to like working more so in 3d then 2d at times <3

ps. I'm 22 omg I feel old.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:58 am
I'm Jillian I'm 19 and i am a fashion major at University of Cincinnati
I love animals, i think they inspire me and the way i create
I go to the zoo all the time.
I have an obsession with art museums i go all the time.
I play piano
I do lots of sports like karate, soccer, skiing and golf
I also did a ton of acting in high school  

Bozo2008123

keiiii

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:50 pm
HI PEOPLE. heart

My name is keiiii (pronounced like "kay"). I work exclusively with digital media (usually Photoshop) -- Even though I love traditional media as well, my hyperactive large breed puppy will knock the canvas down/ steal my brush and run off/ etc. as soon as she sees me trying to paint something. XP

I grew up immersed in anime/manga, so there is a lot of influence from that. It was such a big part of my childhood, and remains a part of me as a whole to this day.

You guys are not that old. I'm 28. D:  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:23 am
keiiii
HI PEOPLE. heart

My name is keiiii (pronounced like "kay"). I work exclusively with digital media (usually Photoshop) -- Even though I love traditional media as well, my hyperactive large breed puppy will knock the canvas down/ steal my brush and run off/ etc. as soon as she sees me trying to paint something. XP

I grew up immersed in anime/manga, so there is a lot of influence from that. It was such a big part of my childhood, and remains a part of me as a whole to this day.

You guys are not that old. I'm 28. D:
It's an honor to have you Keiii. You've been one of the people I've been talking to in AD and seeing around PP since I joined gaia in 2004. (At least that's how I remember it. It's been a while.)

Good to have you.

----

Welcome, everyone. I hope you find what you need here, but I also hope you give the same to the best of your abilities.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

King Of Services

Ruthless Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:54 am
I'm AceZeldaz.
I'm a vendor on here... I want to be an artist as well.
I really want to do graphic design, but.. i'm still in HS.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games