Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Elshlog
I haven't talked to her a lot about it, but I'm a zombie.
You realize that this isn't a roleplaying guild, right?

As for your dependence on meat, I recommend you have your nutritional needs assessed by a medical professional. There may be something more serious there.

Quote:
The runes I made micheal are poplar wood with the individual carvings darkened with coal.
What kind of runes. It isn't as though all runes are within a single system.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:09 pm
TeaDidikai
Elshlog

As for your dependence on meat, I recommend you have your nutritional needs assessed by a medical professional. There may be something more serious there.

I'm going to be charitable today and point out the possibility of clinical death and subsequent resuscitation (particularly on a toddler) causing brain damage and leading to an altered state of consciousness, but AFAIK historically reported "zombies" in Haiti involved vegetable states that are not particularly conducive to being able to operate a computer keyboard. And amnesia.

Oh hello Rehabbers. I kind of miss this place sometimes.  

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:32 pm
AvalonAuggie

I'm going to be charitable today and point out the possibility of clinical death and subsequent resuscitation (particularly on a toddler) causing brain damage and leading to an altered state of consciousness, but AFAIK historically reported "zombies" in Haiti involved vegetable states that are not particularly conducive to being able to operate a computer keyboard. And amnesia.

Oh hello Rehabbers. I kind of miss this place sometimes.
There are some social constructs that could explain it. But the post itself read as a cry for attention given the context.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:55 pm
How have things been going around here, anyway?

It's been ages and ages since I was on Gaia, for which I feel a little guilty, buut when you're working through depression things tend to fall by the wayside. After a couple years of feeling guilty that I wasn't Pagan "enough" in my practice (try no practice at all) and trying to justify my beliefs and frame them to appear as non-flaky new ager as possible, I've had a spiritual rebirth, of sorts. I realized rather recently that some of my newly-discovered passions (namely knitting and food) are perfect vehicles for incorporating my faith into my life, and promise to be much more fulfilling than trying halfassedly to remember pseudo Wiccan holidays when those don't mean anything to me in the first place.

And then I remembered that this guild has a really excellent recommended reading list. 3nodding  

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:07 pm
AvalonAuggie
How have things been going around here, anyway?
Mixed bag in my opinion. The new search function has brought in a few amazing individuals, and a handful of die-hard fluffs, that is to say, people who aren't looking to recover from Fluff, but instead cling to it.
Quote:
It's been ages and ages since I was on Gaia, for which I feel a little guilty, buut when you're working through depression things tend to fall by the wayside.
Pish. I think most of us have had extended breaks from Gaia at one point or another. wink
Quote:

After a couple years of feeling guilty that I wasn't Pagan "enough" in my practice (try no practice at all) and trying to justify my beliefs and frame them to appear as non-flaky new ager as possible, I've had a spiritual rebirth, of sorts.
Congrats.
Quote:

I realized rather recently that some of my newly-discovered passions (namely knitting and food) are perfect vehicles for incorporating my faith into my life, and promise to be much more fulfilling than trying halfassedly to remember pseudo Wiccan holidays when those don't mean anything to me in the first place.
Nice.
My love of lighting things on fire has often fulfilled that for me- so I can understand that.

Quote:
And then I remembered that this guild has a really excellent recommended reading list. 3nodding
Which is being revamped!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:18 pm
TeaDidikai
Nice.
My love of lighting things on fire has often fulfilled that for me- so I can understand that.

Nothing quite compares to lighting things on fire, does it? One of my fondest memories of my horrible college town was watching a bar burn down.

Quote:
Which is being revamped!

Excellent! I'll get much more use out of it now that I'm asking questions that are less like "but how do we know if any of this is real?" and more like "who knows a good herb for calming teas that isn't chamomile, because that s**t gives me headaches."  

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:06 am
TeaDidikai
Which is being revamped!

HAS been revamped!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:57 am
AvalonAuggie

Excellent! I'll get much more use out of it now that I'm asking questions that are less like "but how do we know if any of this is real?" and more like "who knows a good herb for calming teas tisane that isn't chamomile, because that s**t gives me headaches."
Fixed. wink  

TeaDidikai

Sid The Destroyer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:56 pm
soooo.... im new to the group... not totally sure where to start, so ill just say what comes off the top of my head.

i wouldnt say that i have any faith or religion exactly. but im a very openly spiritual person. my parents however are wiccans and practice it regularly. so i grew up most my life in a wiccan or pagan lifestyle. i went to rituals and other meetings of the group. not so much today, because we moved and havent found a new group. anyway, im just looking for people i can talk to and relate to in some way.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:17 pm
lucian woolsang
my parents however are wiccans and practice it regularly. so i grew up most my life in a wiccan or pagan lifestyle.
What tradition are they initiates of?
Quote:

i went to rituals and other meetings of the group.
Ummm... since Wica is a fertility cult with ritualistic floggings and sex, is it safe to assume that these meetings were not actual celebrations of the Wica, but instead open non-Wiccan rituals?  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:52 pm
General Vic Rikov
I am a practicing Garden Druid.

The term druid is a social caste that no longer exists among a group of peoples who do exist.

Do you believe it would be appropriate to call yourself a Garden Rabbi, even though you are not Jewish, do not practice Judaism and have no claim to the title other than "it sounds good"? I highly doubt it. Likewise, you are not (nor can you ever be) a druid. Please stop referring to yourself as such, to do so knowing what I have just told you amounts to racism by way of self-entitlement.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:28 pm
CuAnnan
General Vic Rikov

The term druid is a social caste that no longer exists among a group of peoples who do exist.

Do you believe it would be appropriate to call yourself a Garden Rabbi, even though you are not Jewish, do not practice Judaism and have no claim to the title other than "it sounds good"? I highly doubt it. Likewise, you are not (nor can you ever be) a druid. Please stop referring to yourself as such, to do so knowing what I have just told you amounts to racism by way of self-entitlement.
Hand-To-Hand is the Basis of all Combat.

And to take what you just said gives someone who I take's word with a grain of salt president over a lifetime of studies and faith. Does that seem wise to one so as knowing as you?
Only a fool would trust his life to a weapon...
-GreyFox
Mortal Danger Quest Thread  

Anthromancer

Beloved Superhero

Anthromancer

Beloved Superhero

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:29 pm
TeaDidikai
Elshlog

Quote:
The runes I made micheal are poplar wood with the individual carvings darkened with coal.
What kind of runes. It isn't as though all runes are within a single system.

As for what Leland said. Give him no head. He is a spiritualist of no denomination or real teachings. Only what life has given him.

And the Runes are a Scrying set. Mearly a common set for an Alter.
-GreyFox
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:31 pm
General Vic Rikov
CuAnnan
General Vic Rikov

And to take what you just said gives someone who I take's word with a grain of salt president over a lifetime of studies and faith. Does that seem wise to one so as knowing as you?
-GreyFox

A....lifetime? If I was you, I'd be asking someone for that time back. neutral  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Anthromancer

Beloved Superhero

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:32 pm

Due to the a**-ness of a few members. I feel as though, I came to the guild for a community of people who might be a tad bit more knowledge, schooled, if you will. But it appears that All I have found is another large congregation of stereotypical, Neo-Peganistic, Judiao Christians.
-GreyFox
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games