Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Iris Alethea Whitte~Hufflepuff Second Year~Pure Blood

My heart can't possibly break.....

Iris stretched, pulling clothes taut against the sleek planes of her toned form. A brief spate of defiance over the summer had led to her discovering muggle gyms the first week of break, and Iris had spent as many waking hours as possible exploring many different facilities. As a result, she had gone from merely 'fit' to aggressively toned.

Shaking out her limbs to get the blood flowing, Iris glanced at the beater's bats. They weren't the same as the muggle "baseball" bats she'd used at one of the gyms, but...the idea was the same. Iris held her empty hands like she would for a baseball bat and gave several practice swings. Her whole body moved as she used back, legs, and feet to add power to the swing instead of relying solely on her arms. Setting her broom to hover, Iris mounted but stayed barely off the ground as she worked on adapting her swing to work on a broom instead of with firmly planted feet. A slightly feral grin flashed briefly across her lips before she could hide it when she realized a twist of her hips as she swung added a good chunk of power to the arc of her imaginary bat.

.....When it wasn't even whole to start with

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:05 am
I see this life
Like a swinging vine
Swing my heart across the line
In my face is flashing signs
Seek it out and ye shall find

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXUser Image
Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Lionel

Tobi grinned to each person that came up and chuckled at Cora's joking demeanor. "Never know, one of these firsties might come an' steal ya spot." he gave a wink before seeing another familiar face and felt his grin widen. "Wow Lyv, ya come ta grace us with yer beautiful presence voluntarily this time! T'ought for sure I'd hafta drag ya out like previously." he teased but still gave the younger girl a one armed hug. He may not have had the pleasure to meet her older sister Michelle but he had heard enough horror stories to know what could and would happen if she heard he was teasing her baby sister. "Naw but for real, 'm happy that ya feelin' better. 'Specially if it means playin' Quidditch with us again." Seeing that everyone that would want to try out was already there, and spotting Iris getting in a few practice shots with a beater bat (where in hells did she learn that?!) he placed two fingers in his mouth to give a shrill whistle to gather the team hopefulls around. "Alright, good mornin' everyone! Hope ya had a good summer cos now it's time ta get back ta work! My name's Tobi Fallrein, Captain and beater of this team and this is my Vice Captain Cora, Keeper. I see a lot of beater hopefuls which bring tears of joy ta my eyes and sweats of fear as well. As ya know only two beaters can start an' since I'm beater, that means there's only one spot left. So this is how it's gonna go: there are gonna be two teams, Yellow team an' Black team. Each team will have two chasers, two beaters, one keeper, an' one seeker. Since there's extra beater's this go aroun' I will be sittin' out an' observin'.
Yellow team is as follows: Olyvia an' Oswin chasers, Raph an' Iris beaters, Emily keeper, an Jess seeker.
Black team as followed are Elsie an' Caty chasers, Chase an' Jasper beaters, Cora keeper, and Alice seeker. Your team bands are on the table, place 'em somewhere your sure the other team an' your own will see 'em. An' without further ado, GAME ON!"
After he was sure their bands were on he threw the quaffle up into the air and sat back on his broom to watch the pandemonium scrimmage match.

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

murruelecreuset

shabatha

Devlyn Maycry

The Forgotten Weasley

Violet the Maestro

mc2

Position: Beater
AC: 22
Modifiers: +3 (Years) +3 (Advanced Flying I&II) +6 (NF, DD, MS)]
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Natural Flyer
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Final Roll:~

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
shabatha rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:11 am
User Image

User Image
ᕼᘮℱℱᒪᙓᕈᘮℱℱ ℱᓰℱ♈ᖺ Ꭹᙓᗩᖇ
ᙖᗴᗩ♈ᗴᖇ

Raph listened as he was put on the Yellow team. He grabbed the yellow band and tied it around his head. Them looked to the first time beater. "Alright Iris, let's show these punks whose boss... Or whpse better." He chuckled before getting into the air. He gave everyone a chance to get in the air before he went racing after a bludger, he was gonna knock the beaters out of the air. At least a couple hits anyway. And his first target was Jasper since Miles wasn't here this year.

AC: 19
Modifiers: + 5 AF & Years, +2 NF, +2 DD, +2 MS
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
Lives: [ <3 ] [ <3 ] [ <3 ]

ᗯᖺᙓᖇᙓ: --- Quidditch Pitch
ᙡᖺᗢ: --- The Team tryouts
ℱᙓᙓᒪᓰﬡᘐ//〇〇ᑕ: --- Pretty Confident
Wearing: --- Just some sweats and some Running shoes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:14 am
User Image

Emily Strauss Vanadeth
First Year/ Hufflepuff/ Single/ Pureblood

╔═════════════════════╗
Where:
With:
Thoughts//OOC:
Outfit:
╚═════════════════════╝

Emily got onto her broom and went to the goals on her side. She would wait and would try to block shots at her goals. She had tied the yellow band around her arms

Position: Keeper Yellow
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 NF, +2 Hold the Line, +2 GC
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Hold the Line, Great CAtch
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:49 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Quidditch Pitch (Try-outs)

Alice smiled brightly as Toby broke them into teams. She was ready to give it her best. Racing off after the snitch the short brunette scanned the area hopping to find the golden ball. She wanted to find and prove she wasn't just doing this for something to do involving Jasper. Luckily they were on the same team so she knew he'd watch her back.

With: Teammates

Wearing: Jeans and a Top

OOC: Black Team!
19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)
AC: 11
Modifiers: +2 spotting, +2 catching, +2 stealing, +1 experienced play
Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Swift Swipe
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Devlyn Maycry rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 9, 10, 2, 1, 4, 1, 5, 7, 8 Total: 54 (10-100)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:50 am
Devlyn Maycry
User Image
User Image

xxxxxx

Olyvia rolled her eyes as Tobi teased her, a smile forming on her lips. "Oh shush. Just be happy i'm here you dork." She teased right back, before listening to her team and nodding her head. She wasn't going to lie. She'd missed Quidditch, but she'd been to distracted up until recently to play. She would have gotten herself killed if she'd tried. As the ball was thrown into the air, she shot up after it, reaching out an arm for it.

Position: Chaser
                                                      AC: 17
                                                      Modifiers: (+7 on steals) (+7 on shots)
                                                      Special Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
                                                      Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                      Above AC to steal
                                                      Above other role to score
                                                      -/3
                                                      YELLOW

Leave the virtue of pity, but we live with the shame.
                                                      So scared to dream in a world with no sunlight.
                                                      When you wake up, you know it’s darker than last night.
                                                      Born to walk away, been walking my whole life.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Devlyn Maycry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:52 am
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X User Image

User Image

∞ Halfblood ∞ First Year ∞ Broken Family ∞

✖I can't seem to fight these F E E L I N G S
                                                        I'm caught in the
                                                        middleof this.
                                                        And my
                                                        ฬ ๏ ย ภ ๔ ร are not нεαℓιиģ
                                                        I just wanna know the truth!
                                                        W A N T ✖ T O ✖ K N O W the truth...

Chase was in the air the minute the game started. She wished she had her own broom with her, but that would have to wait til next year. School broom or her broom, she was still a great flyer.... but she'd been doing it since she was little. She twirled her bat in her hands and eyed the other team. She saw Raph shoot a bludger at Jasper, it missed, but still it was a good enough reason to go after him, so she spun after the bludger, and aimed it at him.

AC: 15
                                                        Modifiers: +3 to swings
                                                        Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                        Above AC to hit
                                                        Below a natural 3 hit self
                                                        Above 16 to save.
                                                        0-0
                                                        BLACK

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:01 pm
User Image

Jasper knew what he had to do and he had has A game with him. At least he hoped so, he needed to protect Alice. Once the match started Jasper realized that maybe he should worry about himself. Dodging a bludger that was sent at him by Raph he sighed in relief. 'I need to get my head in the game...' he thought to himself before aiming and sending a bludger right back at him. Raph could have a taste of his own medicine.

Wearing: Jeans and a T-shirt

OOC: Black Team! Aimed at Raph
3 or lower = miss, + 16 = save
AC: 14
Modifiers: +2 Hit, +1 experience played, +1 Advance Flying I
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life] [Life]

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:34 pm
User Image
OSWIN ROZARIO
SECOND YEAR ● HUFFLEPUFF ● SINGLE

As soon as Tobi told them what teams they would be on, Oswin grabbed a yellow arm band. He was a bit nervous, but he felt like he would do well. After all, he had an older student as his fellow chaser. Certainly she would know what she was doing. Then, all he would have to do would be follow along.

The second year grabbed a broom and launched himself into the air. When the quaffle was released, Oswin found himself ready to chase after it, except for the fact that Olyvia was already on her way toward the ball. Instead of crowding her, he decided to hang back just enough to be able to help her, and so that she would be able to throw the quaffle to him. This might be a game for wizards, but Oswin knew that even magicfolk had throwing limits.

Position: YELLOW TEAM CHASER
                      AC: 10
                      Modifiers: (+2 Stealing) (+2 Catching)
                      Skills: Swift Swipe, Great Catch, Dang Healthy
                      Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

mc2 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 8, 5, 10, 2, 2, 10, 6, 1, 1 Total: 52 (10-100)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:34 pm
User Image
xxxCathaline Acacia Leaguexxx

Hufflepuff House Member
2nd Year
AC: 14
Lives: {} {} {}
Posts to Goal: X/3
Quidditch Stats xxxxxxx
Black Team
Currently: Attempting to win the Toss

Roll: 52
(Failed to reach in time)

Successful Passes: 00
Successful Scores: 00
Successful Goals: 00
Black Team score: 00 pts
Yellow Team score: 00 pts

Cathy-or Caty as Tobi Fallrein the Quidditch Captain of her house had decided to settle on-smiled as she took the black band to mark the team she was on for try-outs. She tied it around her upper forearm and tried to hide her nervousness behind a smile. One, her brother would freak out if he found out she was actually trying out for Quidditch, and two she was really nervous about the bludgers, and three she had flown sure, and was able to fly over the summer with the broom she had gotten from her grandparents quite a bit, but that was different than actually playing quidditch.

When the whistle was blown and the red quaffle was tossed in the air. She quickly shot towards the quaffle to attempt to get it first-because she at least had speed to her advantage, and planned to hand it off to Elsie if she did manage to get it from the older girl on the yellow team, Olyvia. She reached out her arm as Olyvia did hoping to get the quaffle first but not entirely sure if she could against someone with more experience than her.

xxxxxxStatsxxxxxx
Modifiers: +2 stealing (SS) // +4 to AC (DD and NF)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe

{OCC: First time actually playing a character as chaser-if I mess up someone please let me know. sweatdrop }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:53 pm
What strikes fear in the heart of one man
Might not even move another
While a stranger gets your hand
You turn your back upon your brother
We are on the highest towers
And the valleys at our feet
We are counting down the hours
Til our life and love will meet

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Twin ~ Fifth Year ~ Hufflepuff Seeker ~
{feeling: enthusiastic} {thinking: I got this} {with: Hufflepuff Team} {at: Tryouts}

Jess put the band on her upper arm and took off immediately. She started looking for the snitch, hoping she would spot it before Alice. She had to prove she had the sharper eyes, after all.

No cloud is so dark that the sun can't shine through.

Position: Yellow Team Seeker
AC: 19
Mods: +7 Spotting, +5 Catching
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes
Lives: (X)(X)(X)
Catching Up to Snitch:
Seeking Snitch:

I can feel the Earth move when you speak
If we fight through all the things we once knew
Everything could change for me and you
We could do what kings do
We all have the power of angels
And we fell from the same star
The heart of the lion and the lips of a child
One part of you is dying and the other running wild

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:06 pm
User Image
User Image

xxxxxx

Olyvia grabbed the quaffle and raced off towards the goal posts. She had definitely missed this game. "Wooo!"

AC: 17
                                                      Modifiers: (+7 on steals) (+7 on shots)
                                                      Special Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
                                                      Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                      Above AC to steal
                                                      Above other role to score
                                                      1/3
                                                      YELLOW

Leave the virtue of pity, but we live with the shame.
                                                      So scared to dream in a world with no sunlight.
                                                      When you wake up, you know it’s darker than last night.
                                                      Born to walk away, been walking my whole life.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Devlyn Maycry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:10 pm
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X User Image

User Image

∞ Halfblood ∞ First Year ∞ Broken Family ∞

✖I can't seem to fight these F E E L I N G S
                                                        I'm caught in the
                                                        middleof this.
                                                        And my
                                                        ฬ ๏ ย ภ ๔ ร are not нεαℓιиģ
                                                        I just wanna know the truth!
                                                        W A N T ✖ T O ✖ K N O W the truth...

The bludger smashed into her ribs and she squealed in pain. When she'd practiced with Riley during the last year, they'd practiced with balls that wouldn't break her bones if she missed, so she hadn't be expecting that much pain. The bludger had slammed into her wrist and she was sure her bone had been broken. She squeezed her eyes shut and forced the pain out of her mind. Ry had always said she was good, and yet here she was missing the bludger entirely! She really was the kid that didn't fit anywhere wasn't she? She couldn't even play a sport she'd been training in for as long as she could remember. She growled and aimed at Jess, swinging wildly.

AC: 15
                                                        Modifiers: +3 to swings (-1 squeak)
                                                        Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                        Above AC to hit
                                                        Below a natural 3 hit self
                                                        Above 16 to save.
                                                        0-0
                                                        BLACK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:12 pm
User Image

Spotting the snitch fairly quickly Alice smiled before racing off after it. She was having a good start to the day. Hopefully her luck would continue to go up and up. Eyes locked on the snitch Alice wanted to catch it at least once, even if getting on the team seemed hopeless. Not that she actually thought that way...

Wearing: Jeans and a Top

OOC: Black Team!
19+ = spot, (1/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)
AC: 11
Modifiers: +2 spotting, +2 catching, +2 stealing, +1 experienced play
Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Swift Swipe
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:12 pm
Sleep, the evil has passed, and you enter the dance...
The worst part is, you sell your cadence short.
You sow happiness with every step you take...
You wake up and life resumes its process.
While you walk like air in a world without music...
Devoid of your colors, a little too specific.
You swim in pain, and it's almost time;
Close your eyes, death awaits you.

And if it hurts, it's because they don't understand: Eager
The knife lodged in your heart for so long: ...
And if it hurts, it's because they can't see you: Hufflepuff Team
While your smile is finally extinguished: Tryouts

E L S B E T H | L Y N W E N | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | F O U R T H Y E A R User Image

Elsie put the black arm band on her lower leg and followed after Lyv on her broom, determined to get the quaffle. She got alongside the older girl and tried to make a steal. If she could just get it back before Lyv got too far...

IT ONLY HURTS BECAUSE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Position: Black Team Chaser
AC: 16
Mods: +6 Stealing and Scoring
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
Lives: (X)(X)(X)
Post to Goal: n/a
Number of Goals Made: 0

And if it hurts, it's because it doesn't include-
The knife lodged in your heart for so long!
And if it hurts, it's because they can't see you-
While your smile is finally extinguished!
Sleep, the evil has passed, it cannot catch you...
Breathe, you are no longer the bait.
Your pain is melted delirium and others-
Quickly forget that you are no longer with us.

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games