Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:05 am
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
"I like swimming,"

¦Gunilda Stone¦
Slytherin Third-year

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Having fun,"

At last, she had found the time and motivation to try out for the quidditch team, having been so previously focused on lazing around. It was a shame they had only just brought in advanced flying lessons, as she would've happily taken them. Luckily they had it as a third year elective as well, and she had enough experience from flying around on her father's old broom when she was younger. Gunilda, after having mulled over her options, settled with beater as her first choice, and seeker as her second. It only felt natural to put her small but strong limbs to use, after all, she had swum in lakes for hours on end, and she liked to think she could hit hard if she needed to. Gunilda waved at her fellow students. Gunilda felt oddly calm, out on the pitch; it could be a lively place, or a quiet place, which was fine with her. She looked up; looks like a clear sky for today. Then she looked back towards the people she could be competing against for a spot. This should be interesting.

Username: -Adorkable Little Lurker-
Character's Name: Gunilda Stone
House: Slytherin
Year: Third
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: None, but she did practice a lot at home for fun
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Sharp eyes, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Seeker/Keeper

Out Of Cauldrons:

"And trying my best"
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:27 am
User Image
                                                    I know we got it good, but they got it made,
                                                    And their grass is getting greener each day,
                                                    I know things are looking up, but soon they'll take us down,
                                                    Before anybody's knowing our name

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                    Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ
                                                    ════════════════════════

Kenny stepped out onto the pitch, his broom over one shoulder and his eyes already catching sight of the turnout. Well, they seemed to have a nearly-full team. Well, maybe. He could already see that one of his dormmates wasn't at the tryouts, and there were other kids around. After filling out the form, he crossed his arms, looking at those assembled and thinking that he could do some stretches before he went after the snitch. His luck last year was just that, luck. He had to make sure he was still in shape, considering the summer he spent out and about. As he finished, he leaned against his broom, waiting for the tryouts to start and gave his teammates a nod.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                    Character's Name: Kenneth Lowery
                                                    Year: Fourth
                                                    Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                    Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                    Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3
                                                    Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes and Great Catch
                                                    First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                    Second Choice Position: Still Seeker

AC: 17
                                                    Modifiers: +7 for spotting, +7 for catching
                                                    Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes and Great Catch
                                                    Lives: [☑] [☑] [☑]
                                                    -/3 Catch Up
                                                    -/2 Attempts

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Okay, so I'm at tryouts
                                                    OOC:

[x]

Do you think I'm special? Do you think I'm nice?
                                                    Am I bright enough to shine in your spaces?
                                                    Between the noise you hear, and the sounds you like
                                                    Are we just sinking in an ocean of faces?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:57 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Pitch - Quidditch Try-outs

Mira looked over as Benjamin walked onto the field. He seemed ready to go back to bed. “You don’t seem over joyed to be awake.” She commented. Somehow people being unhappy about being awake made her happy. Why that was Mira didn’t have the faintest idea. When Camila came up behind her the second year smiled. “Hello Camila,” she said with a small smile. For some strange reason the young Slytherin seemed to be more smiles then the year before. She had to be coming down with something…

“My summer was as boring as they come. I was stuck dealing with my sisters one of which worries far too much and the other is just to annoying.” Mira answered Camila. “How was your summer? I hope it was better than mine.” She added. Honestly if anyone had a worse summer then her she would probably feel sorry for them. Odd coming from the blond but that’s how she felt at the moment.

Seeing a bunch of her housemates Mira secretly prayed that she’d make the main team and that they’d have enough members throughout the year. There was no way she could handle a repeat of the previous year. Their house was better than that.

With: Slytherins... Benjamin, Camila

Wearing: Try-out clothes

OOC:
Aimed at --- Total Roll: ---
3 or lower = miss, + 16 = save
AC: 13
Modifiers: +3 Hitting, +3 Shooting, +3 AC
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Good Arm, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Essy ze Ninja
mc2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:08 pm
𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Sixteen Years Old
Sixth Year, Captain

User Image

Slytherin Try-Outs 2027

He nodded in greeting to Mira, then to Yaxley as he approached the field. With both arms crossed over his chest, his shrug was restrained in his quidditch uniform. ”I won't hold my breath.” He muttered off-handedly. As expected, the players slowly mitigated to the field and it was barely enough to form a full a team (including reserves per position.) But at least it was enough to play a skirmish game. He browsed through the forms, then quickly handed them off to Yaxley to scan as well. ”'Right, listen up. I hope you've stretched, we're going to run a lap around the field, so leave your brooms at the field. When we're done, you'll split off into two teams, green and silver...

“The Green Team chasers are Yaxley and Mitchell, their beater is Stone. For the Silver Team, your chasers are Ryans and Rojas and your beater is Moreau. Lowery, you'll be seeking. I'll play as the sole keeper—that means we'll be playing with half the field—after every score, fly back to midfield before moving in again. The seeker is off limits to the beaters, understand?”
        He nodded. ”After the run, I will release the quaffle when all players are in their proper positions.” He lingered until the last of the few players before he began his jog.

☭☭☭
Keeper
AC: 18
(+10 to block) (+8 to dodge)
Great Catch, Hold the Line, Deft Dodger, Quidditch MTA
Total Roll: --

Quidditch Uniform
5’8” and 168lbs
//OOC:// *Players, you do not have to wait for a next post; post yourself running the lap and you can immediately begin the hunt for the quaffle/bludger/snitch.* First years are welcome. See here for how to play quidditch.

Quote:

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
mc2 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 1, 7, 9, 6, 6, 7, 3, 10, 6 Total: 62 (10-100)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:40 am
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: SAME AS ABOVE

Position: Chaser (Silver Team)
Currently: STEALING FROM/ATTEMPTING TO SCORE

Posts to Goal: XXX/3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Princesa, I'm not overjoyed to have waken as early as I did when I got here as early as I did," Benjamin responded rolling his eyes at Mira and being sure to call her princess merely out of spite as she greeted the older girl-the pretty one the redhead-Morven was it?-had looked enviously at. Camila was the name. It was a Spanish name at least. He was still yawning as others got onto the field when Dmitri called their attention and asked them to stretch and then run a lap around the field before explaining the split for tryouts. Silver team was it? And he was with Rojas-so that would be Camila- and apparently Mira and the vice captain were on the other side. Mira had been a beater last year maybe she wanted to try something new? Or the captain wanted her to at least. Benjamin stretched and figured-if he got reserves at least it meant way less stress and if he showed up a few minutes late for something people wouldn't freak out or some rubbish.

Rolling his shoulders he took to a jog with the others, catching up with Mira at least and offering with a smirk as he caught up, "Too bad you don't get to hit bludgers at me... I was hoping you could wake me up more." And that was when the true try-outs began after the jog. Benjamin picked up his father's old broom and shot towards the air-the irony of a former Gryffindor's broom being used in a Slytherin quidditch team try-outs was not lost on him as he reached out for the quaffle hoping to get to it first.

Translation: ...

{OoC: Doing a simpler layout so posting via phone during "lunch" breaks is more possible.}
murruelecreuset
Quote:
Quote:

-Fizztastic Rain- rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:52 am
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
"I like swimming,"

¦Gunilda Stone¦
Slytherin Third-year
Currently Beater for Green team
Special skills: natural flyer, mean swing, sharp eyes
AC with modifiers: 12
Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤

"Having fun,"

A lap around the field was easy enough; pacing and stretching was key. It felt good to run, to have the cool air brush through her hair, keeping the sunshine's heat relatively mild. It was a nice warmup, something that felt natural to Gunilda after so many years outside exploring. The only difference was the fact that she was running, instead of walking and crouching or swimming. As she finished her lap, she halted near her broom, which she gave a fond look; after hearing that his daughter wished to try out for her team, her father had lent her his old nimbus, a nifty old-school broom which Gunilda had played with before many times, and stretched her limbs, in anticipation of the match. Before the run she had learnt that for this mini game, she would be a beater for the green team, which consisted of herself, Yaxley and Mitchell.

Upon hearing the familiar release of a quaffle, she brought her broom up into her hand and swung a leg over it and wrapped her left hand around the handle, and her right hand around the handle of the beater's bat, and shot up into the air, a rush of adrenaline racing up her spine as she did so as she joined a member of the silver team in the sky. Immediately, after glancing at the silver team chaser, she looked around, not moving from her position to make look out for bludgers. Any moment now, and they'll be after us, and I'm ready, she gripped her bat firmly and raised it, ready to swing as she waited for the lump of metal to come at her. And it did. Hearing the wind whistling in her ears, she ducked as a bludger came rushing at her and swooped behind it, aiming her swing at the silver's chaser, a skinny kid who was currently chasing the quaffle and then hit the bludger as hard as she could in his direction, sure that even if her aim somehow wasn't perfect, that this would be a hard one to dodge.

Advanced Flying I: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: None, but she did practice a lot at home for fun
mc2

Out Of Cauldrons: (( correct me if I'm doing anything wrong, I'm new to this surprised ))

"And trying my best"
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
murruelecreuset rolled 1 100-sided dice: 55 Total: 55 (1-100)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:59 am
User Image
User Image

Mira narrowed her eyes at Benjamin when once again he called her princess. "At least you weren't late." she replied with an annoyed tone. After getting a replied from Camila, Dmitri called their attention. So she was against Benjamin not in her usual position though. Guess maybe they did need help in that department.

A little annoyed at the fact she was called princess and the fact that she wasn't playing as beater Mira took off for her jog around the field.
"I know I was kind of hoping I'd be able to take my frustration out on you today." she told him. Though try-outs were still young she might still get the chance. "Though I am going to keep the quaffle from you." she added. Mira always needed a challenge when it came to Quidditch so her challenge was keeping that quaffle away from Benjamin and hopefully Camila as well.

With: Slytherins

OOC: Green Team - Chaser Ashley and Gunilda
0/3 to Goal - Total Roll: ---
Modifiers: +3 Hitting, +3 Shooting, +3 AC, Stealing +1 (From Exp)

Essy ze Ninja
mc2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:47 am
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: -1 to all rolls OR (+2 Scoring) (+2 Stealing) (+2 Blocking Goals)

Currently: STEALING FROM/ATTEMPTING TO SCORE

Posts to Goal: 1/3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benjamin smirked as Mira said she kind of hoped that she was able to take out her frustration on him today and said she was going to keep the quaffle from him. On the bright side he had closed his hands on the quaffle before Mira-on the not so bright side a bludger slammed right into his side as he managed to snag the quaffle from the start. He let out a string of curses, mostly not connected in any real shape of form-mostly Spanish and a few in Guarani and he may have said a few English ones too- but as he pulled the quaffle to him he stuck out his tongue at Mira and laughed, "Sorry, Princesa, you didn't get the quaffle this time, nor do you get to hit bludgers at me-and if they mix up positions la morena tranquila beat you to it. Qué pena..." He added chuckling and then winced slightly-okay that bludger really hurt. Well he'd live or so he figured as he continued down the pitch with the quaffle in hand.

Translation: (1) quiet brunette
(2) What a shame...

{OoC: Well a natural roll of 18 is enough to hit Benjamin about twice over regardless of figuring out exact stats sweatdrop }
murruelecreuset
Quote:
Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:12 am
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
"I like swimming,"

¦Gunilda Stone¦
Slytherin Third-year
Currently Beater for Green team
Special skills: natural flyer, mean swing, sharp eyes
AC with modifiers: 12
Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤

"Having fun,"

Batting arm still high in the air- just in case, you never know right? -and looking to the other members of her team, Gunilda was alerted of her victory by the painful sounding collision, but didn't spin around to look at it. Feeling proud of herself, but also a tiny bit bad for the other teams chaser, she scanned the air around her, and moved so she was a few feet away from Mitchell, in case she should need to defend at any given moment. No matter how lazy she was in class, the slytherin felt awake as ever, and her sharp eyes kept a careful eye on the field all around her, her try-out robes whipping out behind her along with her short black hair. Keeping a reasonable distance between her and her teammates, she flew in a circle a little above them; from here I can see what's going on, and get down quickly. It seemed like the logical thing to do.

Advanced Flying I: No
mc2

Out Of Cauldrons: (( I figured, poor Benjamin. And I'm trying my best to keep my posts accurate, might take some getting used to though :3 ))

"And trying my best"
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:23 am
User Image
User Image

When Mira didn't get the quaffle she was irritated. Though the fact that Benjamin got hit with a bludger sure made her feel better. That didn't stop him from vocalizing how she didn't get the quaffle. "You totally aren't sorry." she said chasing after him. He was so dead when she got her hands on him.

0/3 to Goal - Attempting Steal : Benjamin Total Roll: 20

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:28 am
User Image
User Image

Mira smiled when she got a hold of the quaffle. Doing a U-turn the blond headed for the center of the field before she would head back to their captain. "I told you I'd get it from you." she replied and hopefully she'd keep it...

1/3 to Goal - Total Roll: 20

mc2

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:07 pm
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: -1 to all rolls OR (+2 Scoring) (+2 Stealing) (+2 Blocking Goals)

Currently: STEALING FROM Mira Mitchell

Posts to Goal: XXX/3

Benjamin made an annoyed 'tsk' when Mira had managed to steal the quaffle from him and narrowing his eyes he swung his broom around in chase of Mira and reached out, "And if I'm not, Princesa? What are you going to do about it?" He challenged about Mira saying that he was totally not sorry.

Translation:

{OoC}
murruelecreuset
Quote:
Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:53 pm
User Image

User Image

___________________________________________________________________________________
sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

”It was....” She shrugged, and decidedly never commented further. She could have rubbed her entire summer in the other girl's face, but it would have seemed petty, wouldn't it? Camila didn't really care one way or the other, but she spent so much time trying to find the precisely right thing to say—nothing too snide, too off-topic, or too humble— but time had run out and the try outs were officially beginning. She groaned a bit, reluctantly discarded her broom in the plush green grass and took to jogging around the pitch. ”Good luck Mira,” she called across the pitch moments before the quaffle was released. It was the least she could do after practically zoning out on her.

Immediately, the balls were released and the players blurred into an array of colors. Camila had charmed her uniform into a sleek, steel gray color to reflect against the green team easily. Benjamin had lurched for the quaffle and she moved into formation. And then, BOOM. Bludger flung by and collided against the boy. When Mira successfully stole and jolted for the keeper, Cami lunged to try and steal right behind Ben.

[Translations://xXxXx]

╔════════════════════╗
═━┈ Third Year┈━═
Silver Team Chaser
AC: 14
HP ══ ══ ══ 100%
(+4 stealing/shooting) (+4 flying)
(0/3)

╚════════════════════╝

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:59 pm
User Image

User Image

___________________________________________________________________________________
sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

Her timing had been excellent; she twisted her fingers in the groove of the quaffle and barrel rolled to avoid being immediately stolen from as she moved down the pitch in a steady curve to veer her own path to the goal posts. She kept an eye trained on the beater as she maneuvered down the field, low to the earth with her rippling current tearing through the grass.

[Translations://xXxXx]

╔════════════════════╗
═━┈ Third Year┈━═
Silver Team Chaser
AC: 14
HP ══ ══ ══ 100%
(+4 stealing/shooting) (+4 flying)
(1/3)

╚════════════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:19 pm
User Image
User Image

Why did he obsess about calling her a princess? Mira was trying her damnedest not to lose her temper. “Simple…” she said dodging his attempt at stealing the quaffle from her. “I’m going to keep this ball away from you.” She said making her way down the field. However it was short lived when Camila stole it from her.

Of course before the game started the older girl wished her luck and she returned that luck, however nowhere did she saw she wanted the girl to take the ball from her. Though she made a mental note to talk to her later and see how things were going with her. God why did she care again? Turning around after the older girl Mira was determined to get the quaffle back from her.

0/3 to Goal - Attempt steal : Camila - Total Roll: 2

mc2

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games