Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion
[+][L-N+][P-UL] ~ SHOUNEN POP - 少年POP ~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 683 684 685 686 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Changes To The Thread...
  Read? -YES-
View Results

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:01 pm
Do you know what you got into
Can you handle what I’m ’bout to do------------------------------------------------}:-
User Image

SHOU
No escaping when I start .traeh ruoy nwo I ni m'I ecnO

Shou was never one to wait or sit around because there was so much to do and so little time. So the moment he finally hit the studio, he already had requested stand in musicans just in case Hikari ya yami failed to show so he could work out other aspects of his new song. However, even before he leaped into that venture, he wanted to loosen up and the only way he could do it was to try something fun.

So, he pulled out a couple of discs and laughed as he tossed them to the stage hand. "Plug those in!" he grinned and twirled about on stage. The man scampered back and put the disks into the player then let the tune roll out echoing in the room while the DVD showed a image of a gorgeous bishounen in concert on a large screen above.

"So many say I'm a rival to Narcissus soooo..today for my warm up - I will be Narcissus. At least, as close as I can get to his style. We are really nothing alike but this will be fun!" He clapped his hands and looked up at the DVD then proceeded to belt out one of his 'rival's' greatest hits. All of this was for his own amusement of course...even if the warm up was important to him.

Yes, Shou like to have fun at times when he worked because it tended to bring out the best in people when he started to demand an exceptional performance in return.

He spun around and flowed from one song to another letting his body shift not always matching every one of Narcissus' moves but surely, Shou had watched the video a few times. While he became the Mock Narcissus and sang "Because of You", he was too deep into the act to even notice NAKO or Ryuukaze's arrival. Actually most of the stage hands were watching the "performance' playing the parts of the various extras on Narcissus' set.

By the time the song flowed to a close, the stage hands were laughing and clapping...cheering like fangirls at the Mock Narcissus. It was all good fun and Shou smirked then flourished a bow on stage purely in a whimsical mood, "Thank you, Thank you my friends. Surely this was my best performance yet."

-:{------------------------------------------------Cause it’s about to get rough for you
I’m here For Your Entertainment

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"I do hope your best isn't simply to mimic your rival." Naoko spoke with a disarming smile, standing just inside the studio with Ryu beside him.

He took a few steps forward and raised a hand in a sort of wave. "Hajimemashite. NAKO desu. Douzo yoroshiku." the blond spoke, introducing himself properly.

Proper introductions were something that he enjoyed. It ended up letting you know more about the other person than most people thought.

"I hope you don't mind us being early. I figured, after the disaster of the last band meeting... early couldn't hurt." his pleasant smile remained in place.

It wasn't exactly a fake smile... because he really was glad to finally meet the artist before him. But the smile was hiding a few inner worries.

"I heard your 'rival' has gone completely MIA... least that's what the report said last night." Naoko continued as he looked to the DVD that Shou had been playing. "He's not just a pretty face... the man makes me self conscious about my own piano playing... no joke." turning to Shou however, his smile turned a bit more mischievous. "I guess I'll have to prove myself to your fans soon enough though."

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Ryuu Minamoto

Romantic Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:27 pm
Ryuukaze
User Image

~( Lonely ) Mayotta nara~
~( Try again ) Nando datte~
~Yarinaosu koto dekiru kara~

"Sugoi!!" Ryu beamed, ridiculously impressed by Shou's performance. Something about the way the man moved, the energy he had on the stage, the glowing beauty the man possessed...he was live a living, breathing Visual Kei deity.
"Shou-sama! Sooo happy ta meetcha! Ryuukaze desu!" Ryu tilted his head to the side, waving one hand in the air, an unbearably cute smile plastered on his face.
"Ohhh Shou-san...your clothes are sooooo beautiful!" the violinist flitted around the singer, looking him up and down as though he had never seen anything as interesting in his life.
He was being a bit of an airhead, but Shou was a person that Ryu found to be incredibly alluring. That didn't mean that he was anything in comparison to Naoko as far as Ryu's heart was concerned, but the violinist had always been one to be easily distracted by things both new and shiny.
"Aaaahhh.....and your makeup! Perfection! Such a gorgeous face!"
Still flitting about, far too hyper for his own good, Ryu popped his violin out of its case, striking a silly, yet adorable, pose with it.
"I promise to play the best violin I can to accompany your heavenly voice!!!"

~( I’m here )~ Soba ni iru wa~
~( Believe me ) Osorenai de~
~Shinjiau koto....~
~FOR YOU~

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:54 pm
Can you handle what I’m ’bout to do------------------------------------------------}:-
User Image

SHOU

Shou glanced up from his bow, "Ah...But isn't Mimicry the highest form of flattery?" He smiled brightly as he rose and walked forward. His costume was sincerely perfection in itself the way it shaped him. Every detail from buttons, broaches, lace, and handkerchief as if he were from that time itself. However, the make up and hair were quite a different matter hinting at a glorified porcelain doll, but it all fit together for a very elegant Visual Victorian experience.

"Hajimemashite, Shou desu. Yoroshiku, onegaishimasu." he said very politely and bowed in the traditional style even though he was hardly a traditional man. "Ah, early is always preferred when I'm working in the studio. But there is something to be said about being fashionably late on stage." he smiled and it seemed genuine enough but he was looking both men over and realizing that these too had been through...hell?

"I've heard that as well." Shou answered back and gestured to the screen with a fanciful gaze, "Of course Narcisssus is not just a pretty face. He's an exceptional artist. There's much to learned from my 'rival' and I'd be a fool not to be interested in his talent. It's men like him that keep me hungry for success." He glanced back with a flash in his eyes that was the more demanding action oriented man.

"Yes, you will have to prove yourself, but I doubt they will be expecting you to be Narcissus. Although striving to be as good as he...Yes, you should work towards that." his eyes drifted to NAKO's hand and his brow furrowed slightly. "Are you ready to play?" His voice hinted for an explanation even if he didn't outright ask.

Of course, when Ryuukaze flitted about Shou, he realized that this was the same person that had looked at him briefly in the car the other night while he was out of his makeup. Obviously, he could not let this man ever see him...without makeup in the future. The confusing moment took him a second to reorient himself, "Hajimemashite..."

"Arigatou gozaimasu. It's a par for the course in my line of work as a Visual fantasy for my fans. Ah...yes, you're the violinist I was told about. I'm certain with hard work we will create some fantastical music together." he said with tilt of his head as he watched Ryuukaze strike his pose.

"I was just warming up with Naricissus so if you need a few moments to rosin the bow or check the piano. I've already requested stand ins for bass and drums. I'll just play lead and sing today since we don't have a lead guitarist here." For him playing guitar and singing were woven easily together although it could hamper his performance on stage when he wanted to be free to roam and act. So, often he chose to let another musician take that roll.

"Mmm..." he paused and looked Ryuukaze over then glance back at NAKO. Both of them while well costumed surely did look worse for wear. He had to wonder how much of this would hamper their performance but he'd wait and see...let them show him otherwise. He hoped he would not be disappointed.

"Ah..yes, and after your warm up NAKO...I'd like to show you a new song I fingered out on my guitar this morning." he said before walking over to the watercooler and grabbing a bottled water.

-:{------------------------------------------------Cause it’s about to get rough for you

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:13 pm

"Flattery..." Naoko considered this for a moment, his entire body moving suddenly as he crossed to the room's piano. "I doubt the man needs any more flattery, Shou-san."
It was a tease, of course... but somewhat true from the blond's point of view.
Narcissus seemed rather conceited at the best of times...

Carefully, NAKO peeled to gloves off his hands. "Of course I'm ready to play. And don't let the bandage fool you." he flashed Shou a quick smile. "Looks worse than it is and hurts not a bit. Strange really..."
Carefully, Naoko flexed his fingers before putting the writing notebook up on the stand and looking over it for a moment.
It was the piece he'd written in the car.
"I'll warm up with this... I wrote it on the way over here. Afterward, I'd be more than happy to hear your new song, Shou-san." the pianist laughed softly. "It'll be nice to not be the only one writing music and lyric for a change."

The good thing about Naoko however, was that while his attention was easily grabbed... he didn't tend to show it.
Ryuukaze was practically drooling over Shou's appearance... but the blond wasn't.
He admired that look, the clothes and makeup, the hair... not a bit out of place.
He admired it... because he knew how damn hard it was to create...
And how badly he really wanted to look in a similar fashion.
A full out entire body mask...

"I do hope your tailor's ready for me," Naoko spoke, throwing another smirk Shou's way. "Well, for us both really, if you'll have us. Though, I suppose before business... you probably want to hear us both play a bit. I know I would. Especially someone like yourself." he frowned slightly, "Well, that came out wrong but... what I mean is that... you can go solo, Shou-san. I guess I could but... my voice really isn't THAT great. And Ryuukaze could too but... after what my idiot of a manager did, makes it kinda hard, you know?"

Lithe fingers set themselves on the ivory keys, and after a quick breath....
Digits flew.
One key then the next then a chord and pretty soon, Naoko was flying through the piece he had written that morning.
Perfect tempo... a rather good way to show off his piano skills, and composition techniques as well.

NAKO jut hoped that Shou would like it...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:11 am
Ryuukaze
User Image

Content to buzz about Shou, it wasn't until Naoko's fingers touched keys that Ryu fell silent, turning his attention completely away from the vocalist as though he didn't even exist. The look on the violinist's face was one of absolute awe, totally taken by the rapturous beauty of both the music and the musician.
Anyone watching would know instantly from the look on Ryuukaze's face that he loved Naoko. Loved him more than life itself.
For Ryu, Naoko's music was like an extension of the pianist's soul. The violinist wanted to be one with that angelic soul.
Lifting violin to it's place in the crook of his shoulder, bow in hand, Ryu took to the strings.
As if in a trance, Ryuukaze's body began to sway ever so gracefully, seeming to have become one with an invisible breeze created by the notes of the piano. Diving into the piece with a passionate flair, he kept with the tempo exactly, each note finding the perfect harmony, complimenting every movement the song made. It was surreal, bordering on the supernatural, the way he played so perfectly along with a song he had never heard, making his music intertwine with that of NAKO on the piano, the sounds of the violin and the piano moving in the fashion of two heavenly lovers creating a song out of stars.
His half-lidded red eyes seemed to glow as he played, giving him the appearance of a gifted demon, his beauty seeming superbly ethereal.
He played with Naoko.
He played for Naoko.
Every fibre of his being went into the song of the violin, all for Naoko.
The song drew to a close abruptly, but Ryu added a flourish with his violin that would bring tears to the devil's eyes.
It may have been a warm up, but the inadvertent collaboration had been so superb that all of the studio hands were staring at the two musicians in awe.

~Shinjiau koto....~
~FOR YOU~

Ryuu Minamoto

Romantic Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:59 am
User Image

SHOU

Shou chuckled at NAKO's comment and wondered if NAKO wished to put Narcissus in his place. Of course, Shou internally agreed that Narcissus was a b*****d but then again...so was he. The prize of Smash never followed the grain and for Japanese people that could be a constant source of frustration.

But Shou didn't care too much what others thought. He sang what he liked, did what he loved, and had great relations with is fans who weren't afraid to spend money on concerts and paraphernalia. He guessed that many of his fans wished they could be as free in real life as he was.

"Good, because you don't want me playing the piano for you." he laughed a little as he continued to sip his water. Oh, he probably could get good at playing the piano if he tried but...Shou hated sitting around at it. He wanted to move and be free which couldn't be done easily when the piano was stuck in one area. Thus, he hardly played it.

"Ah...my tailor. Oh yes, that is a different matter all together. My tailor is as eccentric as I so...once we see how this will work then, we will talk about fashion. But I know my tailor is quite capable." he answered back avoiding even noting what sex his tailor was. Yes, Shou did guard his secrets well and the one that kept his fashion so fascinating was delicious asset.

"Hmmph." Shou waved off the words "Stop playing up your flaws and show me what you've got. Either you have the moxy to play with me or you'll fail from you lack of confidence. So consider it your audition today. Mind you, I'm quite particular...but don't stroke my ego, NAKO. I've fans to do that. If you make the cut, you have to be able to work with me." It was a small reprimand but Shou thought to get that out of the way quickly because he knew how demanding and crazy he could be. While he didn't mind the fawning or the flattery, he wanted clear input from band mates if he had them. Even Shou knew he wasn't 100% perfect.

Leaning back against the wall he listened to NAKO's warm up. He didn't sing, he didn't move....His arms crossed upon his chest while the water bottle dangled in one hand. Quiet as his ears took in the notes trying to sense the character of the fingers and the stride of the beat. Considering he had just listened to Narcissus, Shou's ears were in tune with the piano.

He could hear the smooth flow of the notes and his trap-like mind tracked through the composition considering the strong and weak points. He closed his eyes to take in the sound further. NAKO had talent and Shou guessed that with a bit of encouragement and care, NAKO might be able to define himself in a similar space as Narcissus within the realm of piano. But, that might take some time as Narcissus was a prodigy. It would be quite a chase against someone that evolved with the seasons. Although there was a certain flair to NAKO's style that was very appealing and the beauty that stirred within each note.

But then, Shou was rather surprised when Ryuukaze joined the song. His eyes flicked open as he focused in on the source. He had hoped to get a full mental composition of NAKO's newest work on it's own so he could evaluate things clearly. Of course he had all day to do that but the warm up would tell him quite a bit about NAKO's 'style'.

He avoided frowning at this small complication and set down his empty bottle. He didn't let himself be taken away like fans might...like the stage hands might...No, he was evaluating the artists. Of Ryuukaze's work he was impressed by the sound that flitted from the strings. He did seem to pull up NAKO's performance but while it was in perfect harmony, there were a few key things he noted. Those things he would...touch upon now.

To start with...when the music closed, Shou pushed off the wall and walked back over, "Alright...enough play, now for the real warm up. NAKO, you will now play outside of the box. " He walked over to the sound board and pushed a couple of buttons then look up at the DVD screen. "Here's you're challenge. You've been hired by...Mm.. mm.. Oh yes. A manager named Izzy Lucky for one night. His Star, Narcissus has hurt his hand, much like your injury but for him it's caused his index finger to swell. He was to play piano at the concert however, he can't now. So YOU must. You're challenge is to accompany him." He winked and smiled, "Of course, I know you've heard his music and it just so happens that I have an unplugged vocals performance of a few of his songs."

Then, he glanced over at Ryuukaze with smile but a firm tone just at the edge of his voice, "While I enjoyed your performance, don't join in this time. NAKO must show me his skill and courage to perform with someone who makes him self conscious." His eyes flicked back over to NAKO with intense observation. Yes, Shou caught that weakness right away and wasn't afraid to go after it. But how would NAKO respond to the challenge? That was the question.

As for Ryuukaze, Shou had a different sort of challenge in mind. But...he'd wait until after NAKO's turn was completed.

The sound engineer looked down at NAKO and waited for his signal to start the 'show'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:44 pm
Ryuukaze
User Image

Ryu blinked a few times as the music faded completely from his ears. It had seemed to reverberate through his head for a moment long than it should have, making the violinist feel almost high.
Ryuukaze was, in that moment, somewhere beyond reality, even as Shou stepped away from the wall and began to speak.
Shou's voice caught his attention, however. That lilting tone, clear as a bell, smooth as silk. It seemed...so familiar. Incredibly familiar even, and not from singing. He could have sworn he knew that voice rather well, but looking at the artist Ryu could only shake his head, absolutely certain he had never met the man once in his life.
Shou addressed him, then, and the violinist snapped out of his reverie, becoming fully alert and bowing to the singer gracefully.
"Pardon my intrusion, Shou-sama. I was just a bit taken in. I'll wait for your instruction." he stepped back, allowing for Shou to work with NAKO as he pleased. Glancing up, he directed his red eyes to his golden angel, praying inside for the pianist to give it all he had and do better than Narcissus could ever do. Ryu believed in Naoko, and wanted to see him shine.

~Shinjiau koto....~
~FOR YOU~

Ryuu Minamoto

Romantic Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Lady Sherlock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:52 pm
K a i - H i g u r i

Kai didn't flinch whatsoever or even react when Narcissus's finger touched his chin. They were soon in very close proximity, which, Kai thought as a side note, was probably a picture that photographers would die for. Kai kept eye contact with Narcissus as the singer spoke, not showing anything. It was all a game, after all.
However, when Narcissus let go, Kai did smirk. He still didn't think that he needed anything Narcissus could offer, even if Narcissus was the head of Ohayou. Kai was completely independent, and he believed, ever since he was very young, that hard work and self-determination was the only right way to become successful. Paving your own path. And that was exactly what Kai intended to do.

Giving a slight parting nod to Narcissus, Kai was glad to leave. Narcissus was an entertaining person to be around, just because he knew the game just as well as Kai did—well, probably better. But being around Narcissus and his superiority complex got just a tad bit annoying after a while, especially when Kai was well aware that Narcissus was indeed far superior. But not for long...

When they reached the car, the singer wolf-whistled. It was one of the sleek, fast cars. Kai loved speed himself, but never really driven much himself, especially such a car. And the singer had only been in such a car once before in his life. Kai chuckled slightly as he got in.
"Never thought that you'd be one for speed, Izzy-san. You always seemed so... tame."
In Kai's mind, speed was mostly associated with dare-devils. Izzy was... not a dare-devil, to say the least... compared to everyone else in the industry.

"So, what do you think? You going to be able to handle working together with Narcissus, Kai?"

Kai blinked in mute surprise. Izzy used his name, without honorific. His real name. The singer certainly had not been expecting that, and was slightly confused by it, actually. It brought his mind wandering back to the subject of that night they had spent together, and whether or not he had imagined anything between them... Had it been his imagination? Kai really wasn't sure on that one. Kai did know that Narcissus and Izzy had something between them. That much was obvious. Kai just didn't know where he himself played into all of this, and what exactly Izzy was getting at... The slight feeling of betrayal was still there, now with an added hint of sheer confusion. Kai decided to set the subject aside to answer the question.

"If I'll be able to handle... Izzy?"—Kai reverted back to using just Izzy's name, since Izzy did the same for Kai—"I'll be more than all right... It's whether or not he can handle working with me... Well, actually, I think we've both got that set. It's you."

Kai turned to look at his manager, a very minute amount of concern showing in his eyes. Barely noticeable, and probably not noticeable to Izzy, whose attentions should have been on driving.

"I think Narcissus and I will have... fun working together, to say the least... But we're both a handful by ourselves, I will admit. You're taking on both. Can you handle us, Izzy?"

N a k a i

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:39 pm

Flattery...
Well, Naoko supposed he might have been flattering Shou, but then again, the musician certainly deserved it. NAKO was still somewhat unknown, save for a few stints in the media and his usually performances to help back up other stars.
Hikari ya Yami had been given a run not long ago, but obviously any fame with the band was going to become a thing of the past soon.
And here was Shou... wanting true honesty.

After he had finished the piece, the pianist looked over at Ryu and smiled slightly. He hadn't expected the violinist to join in, but it had turned out quite beautiful.

What the blond hadn't expected... was Shou's sudden challenge...

Smirking slightly, Naoko nodded. But instead of getting right into the song, he stood and turned off the DVD player.
"You want to know how far I'll go, hmm?" the blond asked, looking over his shoulder at the vocalist. "I'm not going to mimic Narcissus-san. But I'm not going to just ignore your challenge. So..."
Turning, the pianist sat down once more, placing his lithe fingers on the keys.
"I'm going to play a song of his..." amber eyes flashed with a determined glint. "And I'm going to sing it. My voice isn't as good as his, certainly not as good as yours, but it isn't that bad. If you, Shou-san, want to know if I'm afraid of Narcissus-san or if I feel daunted by his talent... then maybe this will show you. I hold respect for those who's skills are above mine... not jealousy or fear... because the only way I can make myself better, day by day, is to strive to reach the performance potential of others in this business. Narcissus is one of the few pianists who I have yet to reach his plateau of playing. Simple as that."

Closing his eyes, letting out a deep breath, Naoko steadied himself for a moment.
Then... he began to play.
And a few moments later... began to sing as well...

Amid a stillness profound as death... enshrouded in the sky and the sun that burns the flesh, you are vanishing as you go.
What is it that i seek amid this wandering? what for myself, all alone--

深く静まりかえる…包み込まれた空と躰を焦がす太陽、貴方が消えていく
何を求めさまようの? 一人きりの僕は…

Fukaku shizumari kaeru... tsutsumi komareta sora to karada wo kogasu taiyou, anata ga kiete yuku
Nani wo motome samayou no? Hitorikiri no boku wa...

~ ~ ~

Even if you despise yourself from within the depths of frigid eyes still clutching at the hatred,
The pain will not, cannot be stifled.
Embracing that eternally living sorrow.

冷めた瞳の奥で憎しみを抱きしめながら
自分を恨んでも痛みは消えはしない
永遠に生きる悲しみを抱きしめて

Sameta hitomi no oku de nikushimi wo dakishime nagara
Jibun wo urandemo itami wa kie wa shinai
Eien ni ikiru kanashimi wo dakishimete

~ ~ ~

I cannot help still remembering that vanished person whom once you were,
And my unwavering, unchangeable feelings toward you:
So deeply, so very deeply, even now...
Yes... i love you still.

消えた君を想い続けることしか出来なくて
僕の変わることのない君への想いは
深く深く現在も、
そう…愛している

Kieta kimi wo omoi tsudukeru koto shika dekinakute
Boku no kawaru koto no nai kimi he no omoi wa
Fukaku fukaku genzai mo,
Sou...aishite iru

~ ~ ~

Illumined by the moonlight, even the feel of your name, hummed beneath my breath, is snatched away and extinguished by the wind.

月明かりに照らされて口ずさんだ君の名も風にさらわれて消えた

Tsuki akari ni terasarete kuchizusanda kimi no na mo kaze ni sarawarete kieta

~ ~ ~

I kept singing that song for you, the one you taught me as you smiled at the dawn;
And i kept on counting the tears that returned to the starry sky;
Again and again and yet again, the nights merely repeated themselves--
Ah, so deeply, so very deeply, even now...
Yes... i love you still.

夜明けに微笑む君が教えてくれたあの歌を歌い続け
星空に帰る涙を数えてた
何度も何度もただ繰り返していた夜
ああ、深く深く現在も
そう…愛している

Yoake ni hohoemu kimi ga oshiete kureta ano uta wo utai tsuduke
Hoshizora ni kaeru namida wo kazoeteta
Nando mo nando mo tada kurikaeshite ita yoru
Aa, fukaku fukaku ima mo
Sou...aishite iru

By the time that Naoko was finished, his fingers laying on the keys, it took the man a little while before his eyes fully opened again.
He'd put his heart into that song... and had picked it out of everything he knew of Narcissus... because it so completely resonated with his own feelings.
His own life.
His own love... and the complications that went with one particular relationship.

As much as he wanted to break right there... as much as Naoko wanted to just throw everything down and run...
The blond smiled at Shou, "I've got ample experience on stage, Shou-san. Not to mention I'm rather good at improvising when I need to. While I prefer a keyboard on stage, I can easily deal with a piano instead if you want. I simply find that faster songs need a bit of wiggle room that a piano bench doesn't QUITE supply."

It was all in the back of the blond's mind.
Pushing everything back and away.
Bringing to front his business-self... his self that loved music more than, perhaps, anything.
The trials of the last few days didn't matter here, right here in this moment.
All that did matter... was Shou's opinion and, hopefully acceptance.

(((OOC: Song used was the 'Tsuki no Uta' Single version of Gackt's song, "Hoshi no Suna". This version has a piano accompaniment, whereas the '7th Night' version has a violin (played by You, I think) and cello accompaniment (at least I believe the other string is a cello).)))  

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:48 pm
User Image

SHOU

Shou's smile upon his porcelain painted face didn't reveal much as to how Nako should handle the challenge but when he chose to sing and play it on his own, Shou's lips moved slightly but they said nothing still. The explanation and solution was good enough even if NAKO didn't quite see the challenge in the same light. But that was all part of the game. New solutions were much more interesting than the tried and true path.

His eyes fell shut as he took in the rich sounds. He had heard his 'rival' songs a few times now and knew most of the notes, however, there was a brilliantly emotional quality to this performance that resonated the impression that NAKO felt these feelings. A very powerful statement when one could feel that passion within song. He thought that Narcissus might even respect this rendition for the heartfelt interpretation.

He allowed the music to wash over him as if something in the back of his mind understood everything...and nothing. It was quite lovely...the feeling of floating.

But as the song ended, his mind poured back into place and he opened his eyes. The smile unchanged from beginning to end of the song. As if the mask that surrounded him was more complete than any thing in this world...until his lips parted breaking that perfect smile. "Indeed. And I believe if you put that spirit into the every song, you will find your place among the stars, NAKO-san."

It was words enough from Shou as Hamu-kun took notes from a seat in the back. He wasn't nearly as phased as Shou in these matters. Not that he didn't love the music but it wasn't his priority. No no...all things considered, he had more pressing issues. He scratched into his pad of paper, NAKO - YES. Must start preperations.

"Mm...yes, I think that's it...next time you play the first song you performed, I want that spirit in it. Oh...of course, pianos are cumbersome." Fingers floated with him in agreement as if he could move the piano with just the tips. "Keyboards are acceptable unless we need the purity of the ebony and ivory." Yes, NAKO had possibilities and with a little push here and there...and a voice instructor, he might even find a good solo career for his down time...Downtime? Mmm...when did Shou give that sort of time to himself? Good question. Well that didn't matter much...not yet.

He turned just a hair and looked Ryuukaze over once and then twice. "And...I'm sure you guessed you were next. Ah...mm...Yes, indeed. This is interesting because for you I had to consider all of Europe and beyond. So...what I want you to do...is follow me then if you can...do you have the ability to take over the song and win?"

His smile flashed with wicked delight as he walked over and picked up an Ovation acoustic guitar then started to play. While Ryuukaze may have the devil's appearance, this challenge was as if the Devil had walked in to return the favor. Shou teased as his fingers plucked the strings a more modern piece, "The Devil went down to Georgia." But it wasn't long before the nimble fingers flew from that through classical notes pulling from composers of centuries past blending their vivid and brilliant notes fusing them into something entirely new. While his body swayed, the porcelain face was entranced by what flowed from his fingertips.

A serious challenge for a serious business. And he wondered how Ryuukaze would respond.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:15 pm

"Lyrics, Shou-san." Naoko spoke with a slight smirk. "If I had written some lyrics for the piece, I probably could have played it with more heart. Words add another dimension to the music... while your heart is being moved by the notes, your mind is being moved by the words. The joining of those two in perfect harmony..." the blond shrugged. "That's where I feel music's true beauty may lay."

Naoko stood, replacing the gloves over his hands.
Strangely, his hurt fingers and knuckles were finally beginning to throb a bit. He would need to ice them before too long... just to be on the safe side.

"You're calling the shots, after all, Shou-san. When you want a piano, then I'll certainly be there to play it." the pianist replied, running a hand through his hair before pushing his glasses up a bit more. "You'll have all my spirit and more. Yakusoku."

And then suddenly... it was Ryu's turn.

Instead of standing there to listen, Naoko moved to lean against the wall comfortably. If Ryu passed Shou's test... then things would be fine.
If he didn't...
NAKO really didn't need another strain on their relationship...

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Ryuu Minamoto

Romantic Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:22 pm
Ryuukaze
User Image

Naoko had done a spectacular job, both at playing and singing. Ryu's heart, however, wavered as he listened to the pianist's song. The absolute purity of emotion that filled the words and notes was nearly crushing, and Ryu couldn't help but wonder...was Naoko thinking of him when he sang that song...or was he thinking of Hayato?
Regardless, he couldn't allow himself to be sidetracked by those thoughts, as much as he was tempted to. He had to perform at his best to please Shou, and to please himself.
"NAKO certainly is something else, ne, Shou-sama? I have quite a bit to offer as well." Ryuukaze winked, tightening a string on the violin before putting it into position again.
Shou picked up the guitar and began to play. Ryu automatically recognized the piece. It was a difficult piece to play by any violinist's standards, but he was undaunted, keeping pace with the song with ease. When Shou changed things up, however, Ryu was almost caught off guard, his blood tinted eyes narrowing, a wicked grin picking at the edge of his lips.
So the singer wanted to see what the violinist was made of? Ryuukaze would be glad to show him.
Stomping his better foot down, the brunette began to make the violin cry for him, drawing the bow in and out with such speed and precision one would have never imagined he was still recovering from major injuries. He took the base of the modern composition, added in the notes and flourishes Shou had plucked out, and then, without warning, melded it into Guiseppe Tartini's Devil's Trill Sonata, creating an unimaginable fusion of styles that would indeed win him a golden fiddle from the devil himself.
Ryuukaze played furiously, twisting and turning along with the music, leaning back, sweat dripping from his brow, as he took the music higher and higher and higher until it seemed either he or the instrument would surely break.
This is for you, Naoko... he thought to himself as he drew the bow one final time, a wavering cry like a ghostly lover declaring its undying loyalty to the beloved one on the other side. It was...haunting, even to Ryu, as the sound seemed to continue on forever, echoing off the walls.
Then the song was over as quickly as it had begun.
Breathing heavily, Ryu crouched down on his heels, wiping his forehead with the back of his hand.
"Good enough?" he asked, looking Shou straight in the eye before bowing his head as if in prayer.
Good enough for you, Naoko? was all that he could think inside, though.

~Shinjiau koto....~
~FOR YOU~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 pm
What a shock, it was so surprising,
You looked so small and frail------------------------------------------------}:-
User Image

Izzy Lucky
At times life can be so enlightening .uoy no nrut nac ti tuB

Izzy's eyes watched Narcissus' hand hold Nakai's chin and he was so glad they were looking at each other at that moment because Izzy's eyes squinted with a moment of Yaoi that exploded into the back of his brain. What if Narcissus KISSED Nakai!? Now that would have caused nose bleed on so many levels! All Izzy could do was stare as his yaoi fantasies unfolded in his head.

And maybe he was very glad when the two... separated because Izzy might have felt like some foolish fan girl had they looked. Fortunately, he had turned quickly to the door and took in a deep breath.

----

But back in the car...

"Tame?" OH my...did he really seems so....boring. That made him feel a little self conscious. "Well, ahh...mm...Someone like me needs some sort of outlet so this is mind." he answered as the car flew down the road. "Just because I'm a manager doesn't mean I'm dead!" he scolded his star as he shifted gears for the curve.

"Well, good! I'm glad to hear that you feel that way." he responded rather please that Narcissus' little game didn't fluster him. And he obviously wasn't bothered by Kai's use of his Americanized first name. Thankfully, Kai seemed to be the type that knew how to handle Narcissus's maneuvers and hopefully that would bring a little respect from Narcissus. Although he couldn't be sure about that...yet.

"Fun? Hontou ni? Yokkatta!" he smiled brightly as he drove glancing over to Kai every now and then. "Mm...yes you are at least two handfuls! But...It's my job. Even if I only wanted one star, I was assigned two. Situations as it were, I could not refuse to take Narcissus as my star. If I fail, to handle the both of you at this level, I will be seen as a failure by the entirety of the Music Industry. So...it's really not a matter of what I think I can do but what I must do. Mm...so Yes, I can and will handle the both of you. Whatever it takes."

His face remained on the road even as he was serious with his words. Finally, the car pulled into a small shop on the other side of town. "We're here. Pick out things you like and we will see what looks good. We will have some custom stuff made as well once you know how you want your songs and such to flow. For now, we are tailoring a public look that will fit your style and the tailor will get all your measurements and such to work out new outfits"

Izzy opened the door and pullled Nakai in after him. Introducing Nakai to the tailor and a small staff. "Nakai-san, this is Nikki-san. He's a good friend of mine. He'll help find your style." said Izzy with a small grin on his lips. The young man smiled and looked Nakai over and winked, "I've heard your music actually. This should be fun!"

"Oh...you listen to all my stars music! Now Nikki-san I brought you the canvas so time for you to perform. Don't look at him any harder than that! He is my star."

"Oh Ishi-kun! But he's quite charming and I sooooo...want to..." The man walked around Nakai sizing him up with a measuring tape.

Izzy stopped him there and his cheeks flushed red. "No...just clothes today!"

Nikki chuckled just a little knowing how much he teased, "Alright Ishi-kun. I'll make Nakai-san look utterly fabulous! Nakai-san, please pick out some styles you like so I can get to know what you find...comfortable. Then we will measure you and start working on a fashion statement that will even rival the great Shou."Nikki pulled out several racks then opened the doors to another room of modern fashion.

Meanwhile, Izzy took a seat and glanced up at a TV screen that hung on a rack above the counter. He didn't want to influence Nakai's decisions so he let the man do his own thing while he waited. At least, this would give him an idea of what he was working with.

-:{------------------------------------------------I didn't know what to do
I grabbed the tiger by the tail!

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:29 pm
Tap Tap on the door went the slender fingers as young Physical Therapist, Tanaka Michi waited patiently at Izzy Lucky's door. He knew Izzy Lucky through his mother, who had actually been assigned to this case but had sent him instead after his father had made another excuse for being late coming home. She was angry again and Michi would rather take her assignment than listen to her ramble about it over the phone for hours.

It was frustrating to say the least but Izzy Lucky always paid his bills on time so that assured Michi that he'd have money in his pocket to pay for all the college debt he had accrued. Leaning back against he wall as he waited, the young man set his bag down and ran his fingers through his long black hair. Pulling it back he quickly put it in a band realizing that he hadn't been able to afford to get it cut lately. It wasn't that he didn't have work, it was just that being so recent from school, he didn't have the client base to support the living so he had been stuck living with his Uncle because he couldn't put up with his parents arguments.

Although, his mother was what got him so interested this job. He loved helping people recover, reteaching limbs and clearing up tension. His skills in massage and other healing arts such as acupuncture gave him options beyond more modern techniques depending on the client. Either way, he loved his job for the meager income it was providing him with at the moment.

Ah...the client. Who could that be? His mother told him to be discreet and he thought at first it was to be Izzy Lucky but instead it was someone that Izzy was working with. This could mean anything. It wasn't as if Michi knew who Izzy Lucky worked with.

"Izzy Lucky-san. I'm here. It's Tanaka. Mom sent me instead." he called out as he tapped on the door again.

[The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 683 684 685 686 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games