Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:02 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
zz1000zz
freelance lover
Subbed anime > dubbed anime. It's a given rule with no loopholes.

I would disagree due to shows like Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing and Gungrave. While subbing may be better in general, it is not always better.

Gundam Wing and Ranma 1/2 were also fairly decent dubs. 3nodding

There are at least a dozen examples one could find of animes which are better dubbed than subbed. I just picked the ones that were most known and came to mind quickly.

Another example that comes to mind is Lupin the Third, though that one is somewhat hard to say since there have been about a dozen different voice actors for some of the characters.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:15 pm
Oh not all dubbed anime is bad. There are some dubs I actually didn't mind watching- .hack//sign being the first that comes to mind. I'm just a purist and if I can help it, I'd much prefer watching the anime subbed rather than dubbed.  

freelance lover
Crew

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:20 pm
Never ever under any circumstances watch Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni dubbed. It is horrible. It made my ears bleed when I watched one of the episodes...Geneon sucks at dubbing sometimes I swear >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:51 am
Your mom is so old, she sat back and watched Adam and Eve mess it up for the rest of us.  

ferret658

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:25 pm
ferret658
Your mom is so old, she sat back and watched Adam and Eve mess it up for the rest of us.

Well, yo mama's so fat she put on her red raincoat and everyone went "HEY KOOL-AID!"

ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:10 pm
freelance lover
ferret658

Well, yo mama's so fat she put on her red raincoat and everyone went "HEY KOOL-AID!"

ninja

Your mom's so ugly, she could scare the Holy right out of the Pope! rofl  

ferret658

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:11 am
Your Momma is so old even God looks up to her and says "Mother"
Yo Momma is so fat she jumped so high she got stuck.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:24 pm
Why are we throwing around the yo mama jokes??? 8D That last one is really funny- I've never heard it before. biggrin

In Perfect World I'm the ... uh ... other class that's not an Archer. Can't remember what it's called. sweatdrop

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:25 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Why are we throwing around the yo mama jokes??? 8D That last one is really funny- I've never heard it before. biggrin

In Perfect World I'm the ... uh ... other class that's not an Archer. Can't remember what it's called. sweatdrop
Cleric. I have a Venomancer and a Wizard and a Cleric. I love my Archer to death. I'm already lvl 12. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:26 pm
It's been so long since I've signed into my account- I can't even remember which server I use. We should try to play together some time. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:13 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
It's been so long since I've signed into my account- I can't even remember which server I use. We should try to play together some time. 3nodding
I'm in the Harshlands. That would be fun. :3 I'm now a lvl 13. biggrin I was going to buy new armor and weapons and stuff, but the server was lagging badly...o.o or rather my computer was..so I'll do that tomorrow morning.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:14 pm
I'll let you know where I am- maybe I'll sign on sometime tonight or something. We'll see.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Atreadia Allaani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:29 pm
Since we are talking games.... does anyone here play Vampire Wars on Facebook?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:30 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
I'll let you know where I am- maybe I'll sign on sometime tonight or something. We'll see.
I'll probably be in bed. I usually play in the morning till the afternoon.  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:31 pm
Atreadia Allaani
Since we are talking games.... does anyone here play Vampire Wars on Facebook?
I have. I don't play it that often though. >.<  

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games