Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The topic which rapidly degenerated... [MISC] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:01 pm
Oh dear gods....I'm stuck in Plymouth again.....  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:15 pm
I don't mind the layout change that much. Aparently, venture capitalists have put some money into Gaia. I like the A-Z, it's the quick way about seeing as most of the time you navigate after reading a page. The main navigation seems to be selling more of a "community-based" thing. They could have kept the old rollover menu with strict HTML/CSS.

Meh.

Plymouth, eh? An old uni friend lives there now, I hope you are not stalking him.

The Underworld sequel is crap, but, someone else here bought the DVD so I may as well watch. It's still ******** awful. Brother Cadfael [who must have needed the money] is the only redeeming aspect [and maybe KB].  

Angra-Mainyu

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:11 am
WHY DOES GAIA KEEP DOING THIS!?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:57 pm
LollerSpain
pwned, Owen.

rolleyes

My money was on Iguana all along.

I don't think the new layout is bad enough to get your knickers in a twist over. Functionally it works very well, which should always be the main aim for any layout, despite maybe not being as attractive as previous layouts.

Since we don't have to pay to use Gaia and advertising is kept to a minimum I think it's pretty crappy of users to be so bitchy about a layout that has no major viewing issues ("I can't use the menu, help!" rather than "The white burns my eyes because I never leave my parents' cellar!"). It's accessible, it works, deal with it.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:50 pm
Foetus In Fetu
LollerSpain
pwned, Owen.

rolleyes

My money was on Iguana all along.

I don't think the new layout is bad enough to get your knickers in a twist over. Functionally it works very well, which should always be the main aim for any layout, despite maybe not being as attractive as previous layouts.

Since we don't have to pay to use Gaia and advertising is kept to a minimum I think it's pretty crappy of users to be so bitchy about a layout that has no major viewing issues ("I can't use the menu, help!" rather than "The white burns my eyes because I never leave my parents' cellar!"). It's accessible, it works, deal with it.

How does
-My internet is very crap and since I have to wait for the page to re-load each time I use it it takes ages. Especially today since it's spending more time down than up-
work?

And I'm not sure whether the internet has just happened to take a grump whenever I log onto gaia but I'm having to wait 5 minutes for each page to load and have to re-send each post a couple of times. I don't have that sort of time. Thats even when the internet is supposedly up.

And now it's down so I'm going to waffle for a while.

I have decided that London sucks. It's worse for your eyes that this white background and everyone is in such a rush to catch the underground/trains. Come on, if you miss it you only have to wait 5 minutes. Or half and hour for the train. Some of us have to wait an hour for anything and don't get nearly as worked up.
And it gets dark so early. I thought this year was being earlier than usual at 11 (I'm sure it was midnight last year).

Finally.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:43 am
illyrianth
Oh dear gods....I'm stuck in Plymouth again.....

You should try living there stare  

Veterus

Unforgiving Elder

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

whathedickens

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:32 pm
FFS...what is this new s**t? Even my 13 y/o sister knows how to use Gaia better than I do now. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:20 am
whathedickens
FFS...what is this new s**t? Even my 13 y/o sister knows how to use Gaia better than I do now. rolleyes

You've a sister on Gaia? Hm, never realised..Thirteen, eh? Too young for yoghurt.  

Invictus_88
Captain

An Elegant Iguana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:30 pm
Invictus_88
whathedickens

You've a sister on Gaia? Hm, never realised..Thirteen, eh? Too young for yoghurt.

I didn't know that Invi would even think of that  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:42 pm
Invictus_88
whathedickens

She's literally just joined. Not my doing either. razz  

whathedickens

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:19 am
Zarathushtra
Invictus_88
whathedickens

I didn't know that Invi would even think of that

No siblings of your own? I'm innocent! Innocent I tell you!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:16 pm
Guild application
Good morrow, fellow Brit. :] I'm from the lovely region of Worcestershire, in the West Midlands, though fortunately not with the Birmingham accent. I'd like a place to hang out where people spell correctly, get my humor and know what Faulty Towers is. Tar for accepting me, if you do, and if you don't, I shall by jolly hunt you down and face you at swordpoint before dawn. Wrawr.xx

Well now, that's really not bad as convincing applications go.  

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:18 pm
Guild application
I'd like a place to hang out where people spell correctly, get my humor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:40 pm
England sad ...I don't care who wins between France and Brazil (though I'd favor France a little more). Just beat the crap out of Portugal for me....*rage*  

whathedickens

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:47 pm
and_solo_said
Guild application
I'd like a place to hang out where people spell correctly, get my humor

Oh, I'd missed that. Feel free to give them a bit of flak when they start posting..

ninja

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games