Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:15 pm
Lt. Brookman
Perhaps this is the grognard in me, but I was somewhat annoyed by the fact that the German plastics have the rifle munition pouches moulded onto the models, quite annoying when going for troops armed with MP40's. A lack of StG44 munition pouches is also frustrating.
They do suggest on the little card that you can glue the SMG pouches over the rifle pouches.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:41 am
A pair of better shots of the MG42 gunner conversion, with a better view of the extra parts I tacked on:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And now for something completely different..

Miss Felicity Watson, part of my evergrowning and evolving collection of minis for 7TV. She's had a simple hand swap, replacing a rather modern looking SMG with a more classical, if a mite bit overpowered .45 pistol.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 am
Lt. Brookman

Miss Felicity Watson, part of my evergrowning and evolving collection of minis for 7TV. She's had a simple hand swap, replacing a rather modern looking SMG with a more classical, if a mite bit overpowered .45 pistol.
Like! Want!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:19 am
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman

Like! Want!
Pony?  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:36 am
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman

Like! Want!
Pony?
We need more minis with ponytails!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:52 am
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman

Like! Want!
Pony?
But not too many, can't flood the market with them, what was once cute and unique will then become done to death and unoriginal.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:51 am
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman

Like! Want!
Pony?
But not too many, can't flood the market with them, what was once cute and unique will then become done to death and unoriginal.
Could be converted with the hair bits from certain helmets, like the Eldar biker types.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:02 pm
I remember like it was yesterday - my first Tau figure and already made a little conversion - made the plasma rifle twice long.

Tau

I know that painting sucks, no shadows, no lightnings and s**t, but still - it's my first ever made paintjob. After this 6 years i see how much i'd change, but im kinda nostalgic wink  

Wodzu

Aged Hunter

4,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:40 pm
Wodzu
I remember like it was yesterday - my first Tau figure and already made a little conversion - made the plasma rifle twice long.

Tau

I know that painting sucks, no shadows, no lightnings and s**t, but still - it's my first ever made paintjob. After this 6 years i see how much i'd change, but im kinda nostalgic wink
That painting's not bad at all, actually. The barrel connection is quite clean, too, I like! What does your newer stuff look like?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:57 pm
DarkElf27
Wodzu

Tau

That painting's not bad at all, actually. The barrel connection is quite clean, too, I like! What does your newer stuff look like?

Well, actually lately i made less conversions, and more just painting and modeling. I had a 3 years brake in actual painting, even if i was reading and watching other ppl paintjobs during this 3 years.

Chaos Marine
Chaos Term
Terminator Lord
Terminator Lord back - the Lord was first one i painted after the break.
Heavy Bolter
Chaos Marines - Last ones before the break
Grey Knights - made few years back
Shas' O - added a few details after taking photo

Last few weeks painted couple more chaos marines, 3 more greyknights, assault marine, SM Commander, more chaos terminators, And right now i got chaos rhino, 3x chaos bike and 4x SM Terminator on-going or prepared with just a base chaos black.

In future i plan adding Nemesis Knight from GK, Furioso Dreadnought, Carnifex, GK Terminators, and few more. smile  

Wodzu

Aged Hunter

4,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:45 am
Wodzu
DarkElf27
Wodzu

Tau

Well, actually lately i made less conversions, and more just painting and modeling. I had a 3 years brake in actual painting, even if i was reading and watching other ppl paintjobs during this 3 years.

Chaos Marine
Chaos Term
Terminator Lord
Terminator Lord back - the Lord was first one i painted after the break.
Heavy Bolter
Chaos Marines - Last ones before the break
Grey Knights - made few years back
Shas' O - added a few details after taking photo

Last few weeks painted couple more chaos marines, 3 more greyknights, assault marine, SM Commander, more chaos terminators, And right now i got chaos rhino, 3x chaos bike and 4x SM Terminator on-going or prepared with just a base chaos black.

In future i plan adding Nemesis Knight from GK, Furioso Dreadnought, Carnifex, GK Terminators, and few more. smile
Those are nice, the shading in all of them is pretty nice, and I like the clean lines on the Shas'O  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:53 am
DarkElf27
Could be converted with the hair bits from certain helmets, like the Eldar biker types.
I fear those might be too big a do for the minis I'm using. sweatdrop  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:56 am
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
So really long ponytails. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:30 pm
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
So really long ponytails. biggrin
Those can be dangerous in the field. ninja  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:25 am
Shemagh teaser for my Tallarn, first complete prototype head using the Mad Robot Miniatures bald heads as a base.

User Image  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces