Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She and Him

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Hello,

My name is Katherine, but I go by Five of Spades.
I'm not very much of an artist, and I've only recently started to draw.

I'm here for pointers, techniques, and feedback.

^^

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:22 pm
Hello! You can call me Jinx. I'm more used to that then my first name now. XD I've been drawing on and off for a few years, but only recently have I gotten serious about it. I'm currently taking art classes in college (when i have the money for it) with hopes of becoming a game designer in the future. ^_^  

Jinxed Tarot Card

Eternal Rogue

cPutIE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:36 pm
hey ppl i love darwin ever since 2nd grade when i found out that i was good at art. i really good at darwin animetion n butterfly , which is my fav buy. every1 who have see my darwin loved. im vietmanese n came 2 MA when i was 8. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:04 am
hiya :3 I'm Pimpmarshmellow, but you can call me Marshy. I'm an artist, trying to become the best I possibly can in the art field. Right now, I'm just drawing as a way to practice. In the next year, I'll be switching majors to graphic design.  

PimpMarshmellow

-I- silent_ame -I-

Divine Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:56 am
hi my name is mayra but im known as jesuslover96
i love to draw i need help with drawing manga (bodies, heads, clothes)
u get the idea i am a fast learner and i really want to get good at drawing manga.
biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:30 am
Hello, I am Kyle (call me Zero, it makes life easier). I am a college drop out working in a children's photography studio ( gonk ). I was very close to earning my degree in photography but had to stop due to financial reasons. I don't have much in the way of ability or experience in other fields except print making and a little bit in painting. I love hyper surrealism, and macabre. I'm not a LaChapelle fan boy but I like his use of color. Some of my favorite photographers are Floria Sigismondi, Joel Peter Witkin, David Wojnarowicz, and Diane Arbus. I don't use heavy manipulation with photoshop, and prefer to light and shoot everything properly instead.

Semi-recently I did a series on gender, here are two of the images:
Link because I can't resize
Link 2

<.<
>.>
Now I feel like I said way too much.  

Zero Fail

F!ZZBANG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:09 pm
Heyhey C:
My name's Kelly, I'm a junior at a small art college in NH
I love all sorts of art - painting, drawing, sculpture, graphic design
Art has been my life my whole life
@ 3@

Oh and here is my dA account

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:58 pm
Well Hello everyone!

You can call US Elethien...

Two people own this account, so we trade it off every now and then...

Anyway, here's our galleries:

www.baby-squid.deviantart.com

www.alice-in-ponderland.deviantart.com

elethien

7,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Friendly 100

The Brenana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:05 pm
Hey thar! My name is Brenna, but please call me by my username, Brenana (gee, that one is creative) Anyhoo, I am so happy that I got accepted to this because I am always looking for room to improve. My major weak points are balanced poses and human anatomy. (should never thrown away that mannequin.. =_=; ) I do some photography, but mostly drawing, the occasional colored pencil, watercolor pencil, and am currently trying to learn how to use photoshop. I do mostly fanart, but do landscapes, ocs, and animations when I can. Good luck to everyone else, I hope you find what you are looking for! smile
Deviant Art (very pathetic, hasn't been updated in a looong time) sweatdrop
My DA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:36 pm
Hello, I'm Kei! I love drawing some anime-style people... I'm so addicted in drawing Gaia avatars and suck at drawing real anime characters... But I guess I'm learning to draw them...

Anyways, pleased to meet you all!  

keichaos

Das_Epistola_Lilium

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:11 pm
My name is Maria. I've adored anime ever since I was little and have drawn in this style for a while, but I'll draw anything that inspires me or anything I find beautiful really.

I hope to become a mangaka, or Japanese comic artist someday, so I'm working hard now to bring that dream to fruition. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:31 am
Hello, my name is Cassandra or Cassie. I am a 20 year old graphic design student in Baker college. I love art. For its the only thing I can do. I am mostly a traditional artist. But now I am working with the computer and a digital sketch pad. I am still very new to digital art but I have a lot of time to practice, so that is what I do most of my free time when I am not doing homework.

I have not really a drawing style yet... I am still developing.

My favorite artist is Leonardo Da Vinci, I know old stuff.

My favorite color is green.

My favorite anime.... none, because it really matters on my mood.

My favorite music is rock and Celtic.

My mediums are ink, water color, pens, and the digital program called GIMP with the Genius sketch pad.

Grinsender-Damon

Guaif

10,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:53 am
Hello, well I thought I should introduce myself. Names Bohemian Hybrid as you can see. But you can call by any nickname you can think of.

As an artist I like drawing anthropomorphic characters. I find them fun and interesting. Although sometimes I tend to draw them a little plain. I know some people have problems with what I may be called a 'furry'. But I respect peoples right to have their own opinion.
In any case I've come to the guild to somewhat lurk and learn. I might want to find a mentor who can teach me to do the things I need to, to improve.

Name: Bohemian Hybrid
Style of Art Currently: Manga-esque, lacking in detail, lacking in the three P's. (Perspective, Position, Proportion)

Things I hope to gain from this Guild: Improvement in my art, changing of my style, & obtain valuable help from those who would teach.

Things I hope to give to the Guild: Compliments and Critiques to those who need and deserve it, provide fun helpful entertainment, & an approachable person people can talk to.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:46 pm
Sorry for not introduce myself.

I'm Driany, i'm 34 years old (yeeeh, a real relic xD), i'm from Santiago de Chile, and i really love to draw, to cooking, to embroidery (cross stitch *O*), i like anime but i preffer manga, like change 123, saint young men, + Anima and of course, i love yaoi hiohiohiohio

What i hope to do here, well, i like to do nice critiques, and i'm hope to help you to draw better =3 (even if my english sucks a lot, i'm really better with spanish!! XD)

I've not too much time, 'cause i work (i'm a ISO9001 Certification auditor ñ.ñ... i studied enviromental engineering =3), but i'll try to do my best.

I hope we can be nice friends =)

many grettings from here (full summer T___T i`m melting!! i'm melting!! <--- witch XDDD)

=)
Ah!! you can visit my DA if you like, i'll watch you if i can ^^  

Driany

6,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

jrsygirl4267

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:39 am
Hello!
im jrsygirll4267, and (obviously) i'm from jersey.
i love life, drawing, writing, music, and playing the drums.
i like making realistic drawings, especially faces. it amazes me that there are so many people on this earth, yet every face is unique!

well, thats it i guess.
l8rs! cool  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games