Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:41 am
I like to know just as much as our charms professor too. I think I found a class that I enjoy teachin'.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:03 pm
We will let you know as soon as possible. The Mods are down to 3 people due to Holidays. We are trying to work everything out as fast as we can. Just hang in there, this coming Term will not be like past ones because, we are already behind and so is activity. One of us will post as soon as we are ready to start accepting Applications.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:28 pm
We are now accepting applications for the coming Term.
You should know that we expect at least 3 lessons to be finished by the end of Term.
Classes begin January 24; Classes end March 11
Also, the amount of points that can be awarded is still the same.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:48 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? about four months

2. How many posts have you made? 387

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?

yes, except for when i went on vacation then became severily grounded and could not do the work. (first and last time i have been grounded. was for not cleaning kitchen )

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.Care Of Magical Creatures, or Herbology.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): Proffesor Laina

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: to give the Hogwarts students a fun experience will make them more active on the guild, and to make more classes available to everyone.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)

Well i would do thing like look in the books for checking to see all info is accurate and have fun activity's where you would interact with partners and such things. (of coarse your grade would not be subject to failure if your partner simply did not show.) We would learn about many different things and have be entertaining too. for example, how Remus taught in the 3rd book. Full of surprises and fun.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) Mohette.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: Well i tend to work extremely hard when i care about things and i have spunk.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class? yes.

11.Anything else you would like to add: i will be very happy if i do get the job and become even more active than ever i assure you.

tealflower1928

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:06 pm
Hogwart’s Teaching Application Wrote:
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? Several years.

2. How many posts have you made? 2862

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yes, I was enrolled in several other classes with this guild before and yes I was diligent with homework and anything assigned to me.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
I'm re-applying for the position of Astronomy Teacher.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Tina Aurora and Avatar34 are my Professor’s name and user name.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
Because it is fun and interesting plus, I love this guild and it’s a good way to keep it going. (In rl I'm interested in this subject in real life so I think it makes it a little more interesting.)

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
Under my instruction the classroom would how it was in the past.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) Animekitty, Oshenukhar, & Junimaia, DownAzzLette, (alot of ppl over the years) have agreed to let me use them in the past.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
I have been the Astronomy teacher (as well as other taught other classes) in the past and had to stop due to illness. What I have that the other applying teachers may not have is a real interest for Astronomy.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class? Maybe it would depend on what I‘m already doing.

11.Anything else you would like to add:
Nope!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:02 pm
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
since 07
2. How many posts have you made?
too amny for me to remeber
3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? yes and i have done very well in all of my classes

charms and if not charms then transfiguration
5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
professor name aldivic
to continue to help those have fun in my class
a few lessons a test and a battle sequence will most likely be done
8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
none right now but i may be able to get them if i asked
9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: been doing this for a few terms

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
yes
11.Anything else you would like to add:hope to see more of every house in my class

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:42 pm
Hogwart’s Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? just over a year I believe

2. How many posts have you made? 896 (prior to posting this)

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? Yes I was in the Herbology, Charms, Potions, Transfiguration. I turned everything in, and even did extra credit work.

I am applying for Muggle Studies

Professor Gabrielle Millicent, I am from an all wizarding family, though when I was attending Beauxbatons Academy I found a odd liking for Muggle Studies, I received my apprenticeship in muggle studies in France and then moved to the United Kingdom to work at the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office at the Ministry of Magic. I left the Ministry because I was not enjoying the work there and applied to teach here at Hogwarts to help us Witches and Wizards understand the muggles and live in harmony with them.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: I would like to teach here to pass on my knowledge of Muggle Studies to the students and to help the guild grow and make it more active.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) There would be 4 or more lessons with questions on each and a possibility of a few essays. Upgraded from last term.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) The Queen Lana has agreed to be a reference for me.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: I love all things muggle!

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class? I would be more than happy to sub for a class as someone who is irl going into the teaching field this can only help me.

11.Anything else you would like to add: Professor Millicent will have a life outside of teaching, she can add color to the school history.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:49 pm
I am just wondering when We will know the approved list of teachers, so that those approved can set up their classroom  

Oshenukhar

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:52 am
I have no idea why the four of you have not been accepted yet, but

Oshenukhar approved for Muggle Studies

James approved for Charms (you always do an awesome job with that class)

Tina denied for Astronomy (well that was a joke, you're approved)

Ambria approved for Herbology (we haven't had that taught here in a few terms)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:16 pm
sweet imm totoally joining the herbology class i just got a book in real life called the magical herb pendorium its very good tells what plants that muggles use can be used for magic if used in the right way acording to the druids of the old age 3nodding  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

tealflower1928

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:00 pm
YAY a student i know will join biggrin happieness. i already have my layout and cant wait to start taking apps for the class.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:33 am

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
-I'm pretty sure its 4 years this February...omyyyy

2. How many posts have you made?
-3751 posts

-Yes and I have been very diligent in the past when I was a student.

-Defense Against the Dark Arts ONLY...no exceptions...please? *bats lashes*

-Professor Ann Clairion

-I would actually like to see a full staff at Hogwarts this term. I miss teaching, I can't stay away for too long.

-Lessons will be updated weekly and most likely have homework to go with it. There will be at least 3 or 4 levels to the class, which will determine the old from the new students. Levels will be complete with extensive finals.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
-Animekitty47, techpriest, IceeWitch

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
-Past experience and a lengthy final and a heart of gold...(oh I do hope its 24karat. X3)

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
-Absolutely.

11.Anything else you would like to add:
-Whoever you are who's reading this, thanks for taking the time to go over it, I hug you, give you lotsa candy...and...I love you? heart haha

Miss Love Tantei

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:01 pm
so when does term start also i no loner need thbe old charms classroom i took every thing i needed from it already you may delete it if you want  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:48 pm
techpriest35
so when does term start also i no loner need thbe old charms classroom i took every thing i needed from it already you may delete it if you want

IDK the date right off the top of my head, but it's in the main thread of this subforum (Welcome to the Halls)

@MLT: accepted, I guess.

IceeWitch

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:37 am
IceeWitch
techpriest35

IDK the date right off the top of my head, but it's in the main thread of this subforum (Welcome to the Halls)

@MLT: accepted, I guess.
ok i will check all i need to do is make a 3rd lesson for level 4 and 3 lessons for level 5and i will be able to go on with my class for he rest of the term blaugh  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff