Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Music Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:42 am

ENSIFERUM!

Death metal never sounded so coherent.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:38 pm

Timeless Visage

Well if you listen to emo crap it's bound to make you sad. Which is 99% of modern music. Listen to older more skilled musicians and you have less of a chance of that happening. Down with the emoness of my generation, I say! Of course just go ahead and listen to your Yellowcrap and Crap For a Friend and My Chemical Crapyness. razz

You should look a bit harder, theres some great finds out there. Just because emo jumps in your face doesn't mean it's the only thing out there.
The younger musicians have more life and energy. Theres hundreds of them, some might only be "one hit wonders" but they're still "wonders".

I agree with Lady (Is it Julian? I think I might have forgotten or got muddled up with someone else?) on the pointlessness of trying to list the bands.

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm

It is Julian. However, Lady is perfectly acceptable, although The Lady is better.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:42 am

Everybody should listen to XTC, they could cheer anybody up.

And Soup

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:10 am

And Soup
Everybody should listen to XTC, they could cheer anybody up.

QFT.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:11 pm

Lady of Spain
It is Julian. However, Lady is perfectly acceptable, although The Lady is better.
You're right about The Lady being better. Lady reminds me of a dog although that might be Lassie's fault.

To keep on topic...
The Flaming Lip's new song is definately a grower. It was pretty good the first time I heard it but it's got to the silly swaying/face making/miming stage.
I'm so glad no one can see me.

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:20 pm

::Takes a poll:: Who do you believe is the most influential musician to have ever lived?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:44 pm

Johan Sebastian Bach.

Anyone who disagrees with me probably doesn't know much about Bach, or about harmony.

Boolean Julian
Crew

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:47 pm

The one who first invented the whole music thing. Not sure of his name though.
Not sure thats what you're really asking. I don't know, it's a hard question.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:18 am

Lady of Spain
Johan Sebastian Bach.

Anyone who disagrees with me probably doesn't know much about Bach, or about harmony.

I meant rock music!

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:50 am

Timeless Visage
Lady of Spain
Johan Sebastian Bach.

I meant rock music!

You should have said. Anyway, that strikes me as an exceedingly narrow-minded poll.

Anyway, define "rock music".

EDIT: For that matter, define "influential".
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:22 am

Timeless Visage
::Takes a poll:: Who do you believe is the most influential musician to have ever lived?
It's impossible to tell...... but I'd hazard a guess at Elvis...

xXx White Lily xXx

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:21 pm

I bought The Flaming Lips' new album and Daft Punk's Musique "Best of.." compilation today from Fopp.
(my music store of choice, mostly because they have a good name and their Aberdeen building is really cool.. it has mosaic on the door and a really high roof, god knows what it was before.)

I like The Flaming Lips, especially the title song. Just liek the last one some of the songs drag a bit for me but I think you have to expect a mixed bag from them really.

I am not happy with the Daft Punk one at all. I thought I would enjoy it because I bought an album of theirs a while ago- I can't remember which but it had "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" on it- but it's rubbash. I only really like the ones I already have, so I'm taking that back tomorrow. Good old Fopp an their returns policy.

It occurs to me that if you paid in cash you could build your entire music collection out of buying cds from there, copying them and then taking them back for a swap or refund.

I would never do that of course, I'm far too pious. whee
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:49 pm

Yesterday morning I had to get a root canal done and due to past horrible experiences with that form of dental work I was beyond unsettled once I was in the office.

Anyway, once they starting giving me gas, the radio started playing a bunch of songs from U.K. bands (I live in the U.S) like Franz Ferdinand and Coldplay, both of which I highly enjoy. That helped calm me down a bit. whee heart The played other bands too but by that time, I was completly out of it from the gas. sweatdrop

(Sorry if this post sound beyond unintelligent, but it was really nice to be able to hear two songs I really liked at that time...)

Mystery Ceres

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:01 am

I love it when you hear great songs in unexpected places xd
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games