Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:25 pm
I finally took some pictures of some of my minis. Fist off here is my Space Marine Baneblade.
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
Next is my Master of the Forge.
User Image
User Image
User Image

Next up are a few Marines.
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

My Contemptor Dreadnought.
User Image

A few Terminators.
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

My Achilles Land Raider.
User Image

With Pre-Heresy thud-gun mount.
User Image

And finally my Spartan Assault Tank.
User Image
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:46 am
I recently tried out painting Iyanden troops in a relatively fast way.

User Image

User Image

The yellow was done quite easily.

White undercoat, followed by a wash of Casandora Yellow (and once dry applying extra wash where it's needed to shade) and finally an edge highlight with Bleached Bone (or similar equivalent color).

I'm working on a unit of Wraithguards, I've magnetized the weapon arms on them so I can swap them, the same will be done to wraithblades.

User Image

User Image

Shinobi_8745

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:36 am
OMFGE!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:09 am
Nice, very efficient process!  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:48 pm
Just made myself some fire for my Mordheim table!
Electrical candles, aquarium filter wool and black spray~

User Image

Also finished my Wraithguard the other day, but had a frosting incident with the varnish, managed to fix it now, and here he is!

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:05 pm
Showing off my Eshin Triad, Dwarf Slayer Hire Sword and comissioned Averlander Warband (finished it in 4-5 hours for a kebab, totally worth it! Washes are easy to work with when you've got a hair dryer... <3) and my model for Warhammer Quest, The Imperial Noble Ludvig von Adelbrecht III.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:14 am
That noble.. I still have the old Witch Hunter from that game, which I also got for Mordheim.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:57 am
I've got him too, painting him up eventually, along with Volkmar the grim as a Warrior Priest for WHQ too~  

Shinobi_8745

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:01 am
I don't think his trousers and sleeves wholly match, but other than that, loves its! blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:38 pm
I have two questions.

1.) How do you keep dust from building up on models? (i live in a 100+ year old house and no mater how well you clean it, with in 24 hours every thing is general dusty again)

2.) Once a model has a nice layer of dust built up on it, what is the best way to clean the dust off with out scraping off paint, or doing slight damage to the models such as small parts like vox masts snapping off?

I would try dipping the models in a tub of water but I'm not sure if the water will effect the glue or paint in a negative way. In the past i have had models come un-glued when using water to clean off dust (dust is so thick in places it completely obscures the paint under the layer of dust.) so is there a proper way to clean a model?  

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:14 pm
commissar ibram gaunt
I have two questions.
Putting models in sealed display cabinets or keeping them stored in transport cases helps with dust prevention.

I prefer to use a large rouge brush for models myself, just gently run it over the model and when done just step outside for a moment and run your hand through the bristles to remove all the dust you removed from your minis.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:12 pm
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt
I have two questions.
Putting models in sealed display cabinets or keeping them stored in transport cases helps with dust prevention.

I prefer to use a large rouge brush for models myself, just gently run it over the model and when done just step outside for a moment and run your hand through the bristles to remove all the dust you removed from your minis.

well I dont know where to get any display cabinets. i know theres none for sell where i live, ill have to try the brush thing.  

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:41 pm
commissar ibram gaunt
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt
I have two questions.

well I dont know where to get any display cabinets. i know theres none for sell where i live, ill have to try the brush thing.
Try a furniture store of some sort, curio cabinets or bookcases with glass pull-down doors work pretty well too.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:09 pm
DarkElf27
commissar ibram gaunt
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt
I have two questions.

Try a furniture store of some sort, curio cabinets or bookcases with glass pull-down doors work pretty well too.

im thinking of maybe converting antique china cabinets to display my army in, there is 4 of them for sale up north for about 150$ each made of solid oak and cherry, unless this curio cabinets will be cheaper?  

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:35 pm
commissar ibram gaunt
DarkElf27
commissar ibram gaunt
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt
I have two questions.

im thinking of maybe converting antique china cabinets to display my army in, there is 4 of them for sale up north for about 150$ each made of solid oak and cherry, unless this curio cabinets will be cheaper?

http://www.amazon.com/Acrylic-Showcase-Jewelry-12-19/dp/B0084J970I/ref=sr_1_77?ie=UTF8&qid=1376087410&sr=8-77&keywords=display+cabinet

I showed these to my husband (DarkElf) and he liked them. Cheap, too.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games