Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:34 am
Space Marine is bad. It's not even funny in a campy or dated sort of way. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:32 am
oh its so poetic when they fly up the a** of a big alien ship that had just farted. they are pretty hardcore with their brain eating tho. mrgreen  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:47 pm
So I just finished Flesh and Iron. It thought over all it was an okay book. Had to do a bit of research though at the end because it does link to Emperor's Mercy and it has been a while since I've read it.

Very very curious to see what Mr. Zou does with this whole Bastion Stars thing, and wondering if the next book involves his Inquisitor again or if it'll focus on something else.

I also read "Chapter's Due". I thought it was risky because of what happens in it. A few times I asked myself. "Can he do that?" Thinkin about the author. However it was still a good read in the Ultramarines series.

Now to read read Rynn's World, A Thousand Sons and Redemption Corps, but not in any particular order.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:21 pm
Redemption Corps is a big cluttered mess so far, I'm having a hard time picking it up again. Flesh and Iron is also on my pile, I kinda dumped it after Zou turned Vultures into Valkyries again. His third novel will be about those Chaos marines.

Right now I'm reading "Call to Arms", having finished Hellsreach, Courage and Honour and trying to, but failing to make a dent in Titanicus.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:38 pm
Is Helsreach good? I'm getting into the thick of Rynn's World and it's solid so far, but I can just feel the epic badness around each page lurking. Considering I know a bit about what happens already.

Yeah the Vulture Valkyrie thing messed me up too, atleast halfway through the novel they're not even mentioned again.

Hm I suppose it makes a bit of sense now. The Blood Gorgons seem like they will be a popular Traitor chapter.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:57 am
Helsreach is a mixed bag really, I was expecting something a bit meaner. Don't get me wrong, a great read, but not as great as Soul Hunter or Cadian Blood, still a whole lot better than the other stuff out there.

I did get Sword of Justice, the book about Ludwig Schwarzhelm, along with a Terry Pratchett novel: Unseen Academicals.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:45 pm
Lt. Brookman
Soul Hunter

This has to be the best book I've read in a long time. I am patiently awaiting another like it.

Hm, but as to the rest. Okie, I'll probobly still get Helsreach. It can't having more books in my library even if I don't like them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:37 am
Well, this August we're getting the audio book "Throne of Lies" and the next Night Lords novel will be released May 2011. crying

Oooh, August also gives us "Nemesis", a new Horus Heresy novel at last.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:15 am
The winter leaves me a bit excited! A Death Korps of Krieg book!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:04 pm
Dunno about that one, still need to read Ice Guard, which I've heard is rather substandard.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:30 pm
HAH
1000th Post in the Black Library!
I <3 Daemon World again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:46 pm
Hey has anyone finished the book Legacy yet? I've tried reading it soo many times, i'm having difficulty completing it, then again i do start reading something else after the first 3 chapters  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:04 am
Legacy is a fine read, a bit hard to get started with, something Farrer is known for. It is however a great improvement over Crossfire. Maybe I'll re-read them again this Summer, it's been a while since they were released.

@Jason: Daemon World is about the only Ben Counter novel I really enjoy, a fun read really before he become too much of a marine writer.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:49 am
Yeah I agree, although the Marines he mentions in Daemon World seem to be alright.
SPOILER

I'm just up to the bit where the Violators are about to try and take down the Daemon Price.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:13 am
It has a great ending, I hope you agree with that when you get there.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games