Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:35 am
notmuch_23
Imperial Guard are pretty versatile it seems. Not as much as the Orks (clearly), but still...

And now for something completely different...

Female Archon:

The bulk of the model is a finecast Lhamean, which I removed the head, both arms, and the hair braid from. The head is a female Wych head (the one with the pigtails (yes, there are male wych heads as well, hence the distinction)) that I cut the existing hairstyle off of and added another one with green stuff (obviously). the knife hand is from the Kabalite Warriors sprue, the pistol hand (originally holding a splinter pistol) is one I found in my bitz box. I forget what it came from.

Now to address the oddities:
-she finds a bolt pistol far more reliable than a standard splinter pistol (since the weapons dealers in Commoragh that sell them always sabotage the ones they sell her), and actually figured out how to make splinter shells for it (so it counts as a splinter pistol)

-she uses the vox-pack to eavesdrop on comms-chatter and plan the best time and place to launch a realspace raid

By the way, I do find Catachan legs to be far more dynamic than Cadian ones...
The body is very well put together, I like how it fits together.

And I definitely agree on the Catachan legs, the only problem is when you mix them with the Cadian chests, they have two belts. sweatdrop It's a little extra work cutting those off.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:51 am
DarkElf27
And I definitely agree on the Catachan legs, the only problem is when you mix them with the Cadian chests, they have two belts. sweatdrop It's a little extra work cutting those off.
Another option requires a wee bit of sculpting with greenstuff but the result is an extra large belt with buckle. wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:55 pm
DarkElf27
The body is very well put together, I like how it fits together.

Maybe it's a new fashion statement among Imperial Guardsmen: now you can attach twice the extra power cells and grenades!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:48 am
Back in the days of the Eye Of Terror campaign me and a buddy made a zombie army using guardsmen and zombies from warhammer, I think we made well over a hundred zombies. We donated the whole collection to a local GW store a few years ago.  

NORWEGIA

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:11 am
NORWEGIA
Back in the days of the Eye Of Terror campaign me and a buddy made a zombie army using guardsmen and zombies from warhammer, I think we made well over a hundred zombies. We donated the whole collection to a local GW store a few years ago.
Nice, any chance you got any photos of the minis before you donated them?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:15 am
DarkElf27
NORWEGIA
Nice, any chance you got any photos of the minis before you donated them?

Im sorry but no. I might go back to the store and see if they still have them when I get my new camera.  

NORWEGIA

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:02 am
Here's one for "small' conversions, using a bit of ribbon, sliced thin, as a strap for an ammo box on a German MG loader.

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:22 am
Nice! Might have to copy that one for my own MG loaders. ninja  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:53 am
Lt. Brookman
Nice! Might have to copy that one for my own MG loaders. ninja
There's not many good ways to display it, the hands aren't designed to hold anything except the weapons. sweatdrop The only issue is that the glue doesn't stick very well to the ribbon, you have to hold it in place for several minutes, I used a modeling knife blade to hold it in place, and it didn't want to stick to the plastic.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:15 am
I'll give it a go later today, I may still have some Tamiya bits left over that may come in handy.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:36 am
Okay, I cheated big time, I used parts from other kits, so -100 points for me. I tried to replicate some of that mini, but found I didn't have the proper stringy bit to pull it off. So I decided to do something else, going for a complete team using parts from the German sprues, a few hands and an arm from the US Infantry sprue and a few bits from a Tamiya accessory sprue I have lying around.

Loader:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gunner:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:40 am
Very nice, how'd you attach the case to the arm so cleanly? Is it from another kit?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:50 am
I smoothed the bottom of the fist a bit before applying a wee bit of glue to both parts, not just for a better join, but also to better melt the parts together.

The ammo boxes are from the Tamiya sprue, along with the spare barrel set and the cleaning kit the gunner has attached to his belt.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:11 am
Nothing wrong with cheating, Warlord should have just put in more options and parts. emotion_donotwant  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:38 am
Perhaps this is the grognard in me, but I was somewhat annoyed by the fact that the German plastics have the rifle munition pouches moulded onto the models, quite annoying when going for troops armed with MP40's. A lack of StG44 munition pouches is also frustrating.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games