Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:17 pm
They don't even need to have their lessons planned out ahead. As long as THREE lessons are posted before classes end, they will not lose points for their House.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:09 am
I am more than willing to work on my lessons and get then to someone to see prior to applying for a second class I like to plan ahead anyways when it comes to teaching here just in case something in real life comes up I can just jump on post what I have written out already, that way the students do not fall behind and I can just pop in and out through the term
I did that Last semester and loved it!

Oshenukhar

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:56 pm
User Image
Hogwarts Teaching Application
Hogwart’s Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? About 8 months now

2. How many posts have you made? 768 (prior to posting this)

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? Yes I was in the Herbology, Charms, Potions, Transfiguration. I turned everything in, and even did extra credit work.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
I am applying for Muggle Studies

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Gabrielle Millicent, I am from an all wizarding family, though when I was attending Beauxbatons Academy I found a odd liking for Muggle Studies, I received my apprenticeship in muggle studies in France and then moved to the United Kingdom to work at the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office at the Ministry of Magic. I left the Ministry because I was not enjoying the work there and applied to teach here at Hogwarts to help us Witches and Wizards understand the muggles and live in harmony with them.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: I would like to teach here to pass on my knowledge of Muggle Studies to the students and to help the guild grow and make it more active.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) There would be 4 lessons with questions on each and a possibility of a few essays

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) The Queen Lana has agreed to be a reference for me.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: I love all things muggle!

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class? I would be more than happy to sub for a class as someone who is irl going into the teaching field this can only help me.

11.Anything else you would like to add: Professor Millicent will have a life outside of teaching, she can add color to the school history.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:08 am
Accepted

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Toph Windsor

7,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:16 am
Fifi entered the staff room to clean the robe cupboard. She felt a little dizzy as she climbed in the cupboard full of dusty robes. Fifi hates cleaning. She muttered under her breath. specially cupboard full of dusty robes.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:42 am
For those students who applied to teach before this post, 25 points will be added to your House!

Professor_Adonis
Captain

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:58 pm
Amber, are you done with your old Classroom?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:52 am
Reminder to all teachers:

House elves who are EARLY Sorted should be allowed to sign up for your class. Please allow them to do so.
Thanks!

IceeWitch

Stardust Disaster
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:10 am
нυffℓερυff

Tina;;
Oh, yeah, sorry. xD
I'll delete it now. C:
Edit;; Some one seems to have already deleted it, nevermind. ninja

ρяι∂ε

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:33 am
It's fine.
Just asking.
I didn't know if you were still using the old one or not.

Lol, it wasn't me.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:01 am

... hasnt been paying atteniton to any of the house elfs sweatdrop
can i have a list of the recently sorted house elfs so i know to let them in if they apply?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:23 pm
Just look in the Sorting Hat. Or if someone applies for your class, just ask them if they were just sorted.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:23 am
lol Icee deleted it xd

@tech: here. That should be all the elves we sort this time around, unless some elf becomes extremely active/hyper.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:47 pm
ALL HOUSE POINTS MUST BE POSTED in the Hour Glasses by Friday, November 19, 2010. Teachers who haven't posted their final totals will earn a deduction from THEIR House. I just noticed that the point totals have decreased dramatically since Spring Term sad
Please stay tuned here and in the Great Hall for other end of term announcements!

Professor_Adonis
Captain

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:41 am
ok so im wondering am i able to post my application for the up coming term i want the same class i have been teaching for the last few terms i have the same format just wondering when we can post our apps  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff