Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:50 pm
AniMajor

I'm not entirely sure what it is. It's not a Key of Solomon, it's not a Masonic or AA coin, it's not a Full Metal Alchemist transmutation circle, it's not from Supernatural, or Oh My Goddess.
Rats. Can't find anything on any of my further searches either.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:26 pm
TeaDidikai

Is it possible to get a picture of it?  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:35 pm
AniMajor
TeaDidikai

Is it possible to get a picture of it?

Nope. The image I made is as close as I can get.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:49 pm
AniMajor
TeaDidikai
AniMajor

Is it stamped, or carved?
Looks poured to me. But there's a ring around it that keeps me from seeing any spru marks.

Quote:
Also, what color is the metal?
Dull- like lead or pewter.

I'm not entirely sure what it is. It's not a Key of Solomon, it's not a Masonic or AA coin, it's not a Full Metal Alchemist transmutation circle, it's not from Supernatural, or Oh My Goddess.

You can write off The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage, The Book of Ceremonial Magic, the Sixth and Seventh Books Of Moses, The Key Of Solomon The King, The Lesser Key of Solomon, maybe The Magus (skimmed that one), and even the Voynich Manuscript as well.  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:13 pm
Cyrus the Elder
AniMajor
TeaDidikai
AniMajor

Looks poured to me. But there's a ring around it that keeps me from seeing any spru marks.

Quote:

You can write off The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage, The Book of Ceremonial Magic, the Sixth and Seventh Books Of Moses, The Key Of Solomon The King, The Lesser Key of Solomon, maybe The Magus (skimmed that one), and even the Voynich Manuscript as well.

Went through those myself. sweatdrop Except the Voynich Manuscript. Didn't think to check that one. Is it absurd that it makes me giddy that someone else is familiar with it?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:15 am
TeaDidikai
Cyrus the Elder
AniMajor
TeaDidikai
AniMajor

Quote:

Went through those myself. sweatdrop

Ah. ninja

Quote:
Except the Voynich Manuscript. Didn't think to check that one. Is it absurd that it makes me giddy that someone else is familiar with it?

Oddly enough, quite a few people I know at the very least know of its existence. ninja

I'll keep an eye out for the seal, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before, I just have no bloody idea where.  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:29 pm
Cyrus the Elder
AniMajor

It's also not a sigil by Oberon Zell.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:25 pm
Well... at least we know what it's not. sweatdrop
Damnit. Running out of time.  

TeaDidikai

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:50 pm
TeaDidikai
Well... at least we know what it's not. sweatdrop
Damnit. Running out of time.

It's not something off the cover of Hellgate: London. I'd install it and check in game, but...I already feel sick just holding the case in my hands. emo  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:33 am
I'm starting to look though some of the Astrological Seals. Pain in the a**.  

TeaDidikai

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:01 pm
can anyone explain to me why the christians, more specifically baptist, worship jesus? instead of god? i don't understand and the last time i tried to ask, they got all huffy and mad at me because i "should already know this, and if would start going to church then might just learn something" ... it's quite frustrating. and i do not like going to church. i have a hard time sitting there for so long with nothing to do, it screws with my ADD and i get all anxious or i get so exhausted from not being able to release access energy that i crash and fall asleep, in case anyone needed to know why i don't attend.

my granny mentioned something about a meeting on a mountain between god, jesus and um... moses? i think, i can't remember and she talks quite, its hard to hear her sometimes. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:08 pm
whiporwill-o
can anyone explain to me why the christians, more specifically baptist, worship jesus? instead of god? i don't understand and the last time i tried to ask, they got all huffy and mad at me because i "should already know this, and if would start going to church then might just learn something" ... it's quite frustrating. and i do not like going to church. i have a hard time sitting there for so long with nothing to do, it screws with my ADD and i get all anxious or i get so exhausted from not being able to release access energy that i crash and fall asleep, in case anyone needed to know why i don't attend.

my granny mentioned something about a meeting on a mountain between god, jesus and um... moses? i think, i can't remember and she talks quite, its hard to hear her sometimes. sweatdrop

Errr...I'm not aware of any who worship Jesus instead of the Lord. Are you certain that this is the case? I'd find it more likely that they worship Jesus as the Lord, as Baptists recognize the concept of the Trinity as valid.  

Aino Ailill

Umbral Epoch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:43 pm
whiporwill-o

biblegateway.com
John 14:6 (New International Version)

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

My old church was Assemblies of God, but they explained it something like Jesus, not God, lets you into heaven. You also have to believe in the trinity, and therefore also Jesus to go to heaven.

...I think. It's been several years. If I'm wrong please correct me.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:50 pm
This is such a ridiculous question, but... who knows, so here it goes.

Is there any "book" that will give an overview of various types of magic?

I know, it's such a broad topic with so many different types, which is why I wonder if such a thing could exist, but, essentially, just a basic introduction type "book" that outlines different types of magic, "how" they're used, some history behind them, that sort of thing.

The "how" being more, "There are rituals!" or "You dance!" rather than "Step 1: Do such and such..."

"Book", as the quotes are meant to imply, is just some sort of source, whether it's an actual book, website, napkin from Tea's living room...

EDIT: I'm also going to answer my own question, sort of, and start with Witchcraft Today since I can easily obtain it and, hey, it'll be interesting to read even if I don't "use" anything from it.  

Ashley the Bee

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:22 am
whiporwill-o
can anyone explain to me why the christians, more specifically baptist, worship jesus? instead of god?
Not instead of god, as god.

I have no clue what your Grandmother was talking about when it comes to a meeting between Yeshua, YHVH and Moses.

But Baptists are Trinitarians, they believe that The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are not each other, but are all their god.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games