Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion
[+][L-N+][P-UL] ~ SHOUNEN POP - 少年POP ~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 683 684 685 686 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Changes To The Thread...
  Read? -YES-
View Results

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:12 am
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Akihiko laughed slightly, "That sounds like Hiroki-san to be honest... and my grandfather. Perhaps I will have to work on his socializing skills in the future." it wasn't really a question... more of a statement.
The waiter came by and the young Koyasu looked at the menu for a moment before ordering a portobello mushroom ravioli in a light marinara sauce with a side salad.
Knowing that he would end up saying something stupid if he even thought about commenting on the subject of marriage, Narcissus simply didn't address the statement and continued on with the conversation.
Not the best idea to have told the man across from him that he was madly in love with his son and that he had no plans to leave Ishi Ruki for anything.
"I realized the other day that with my grandfather gone, someone needs to step up and keep connections with his various contacts and thus I have been arranging meetings with all those who signed the funeral register. It's merely to find out more about the people whom my grandfather supported... and who supported him in turn and to give those people, like yourself, a more personalized view of who is running Ohayou now than the media could give." Akihiko said with a slight pleasant smile. "I wouldn't wish for the connections my grandfather made in the past to be severed because I was too foolish to network in his place."
The musician passed on the bread... he'd already had pizza for breakfast and now pasta for lunch. His a** would need to be in the gym later today.
"If you don't mind me asking, Ishi-san, aside from his contributions to your current position... were there other areas of common ground that the two of you found together?"
In other words... what did you do, if anything, for him in return for those donations?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:04 pm

<--------------------- Ishi Seiji --------------------->

"I see. So you wanted to reconnect with your grandfather's network. A smart move considering your new position in Ohayou." Ishi smiled remained pleasant as well. for the most part with the exception of his son, the man was a gracious business person. Ishi took another bite of his bread then set it down on the small plate nearby.

"Common ground....ah...well, we shared similar views on personal endeavors and maybe similar frustrations." He didn't elaborate but obviously this related to family matters. And more than likely the trouble with certain boys. However, he didn't seem to be the type to discuss 'family' beyond certain confines.

"But as far as business...It's actually been about a year since he and I had really discussed events. Probably because he was quite ill. It's unfortunate that we didn't get a chance to speak before his passing."said Ishi as he sympathically looked Akihiko over trying to determine what he wanted to say next. "Mm...I've connections with various intelligence groups, the law...and lawmaking partners that get things done. Your grandfather approached me years ago worrying about some of his adversaries, who are connected with other politicians. I was upcoming at the time and he promised his support if I were to support him on key elements. It was a fair exchange at the time and we both profited from our relationship."

He paused as the waiter delivered his salad then unrolled his napkin and placed that into his lap. Ishi's fingers drifted over the fork but they ended up on the chopsticks and he took them up expertly before picking out a plump tomato from the top of the salad. "Aki's enemies are very...different from traditional industry competition. And I think sometimes Aki was too honorable for his own good. You have to be able to roll with the punches but also be flexible enough to punch back. I suppose that's what he expected others too do for him." He popped the tomato into his mouth and slowly chewed on the ripe surface.

Of course, if one listened carefully to the man, he also seemed like a very similar type to Aki - controlling assets, moving pawns, using a powerful network for the heavy lifting. Ishi probably was on the whiter side of grey...but just barely. However, weren't most politicians mostly grey? Ishi probably wasn't the one to get his hands dirty for Aki, although, his connections probably moved on Ishi's behalf. It was safe to assume the type of men under his belt were younger politicians, lawyers, detectives and police. Just the kind of people that if utilized right could dampen the forward movement of people like Izo.

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:53 pm
User Image

Akihiko's own salad appeared before him, but instead of opting for the chopsticks, he went with the fork. "Similar frustrations?" the musician asked, blue eyes glanced at the man before focusing on his salad and spearing a bit.
He needed lots of veggies...
"Sou ka... then I think I can understand your mutual concerns in some regards. No doubt you've heard the news, Ishi-san, in regards to Ohayou's stability. We are trying to repair that and could use any and every ally who deems us worthy of their aid... especially in regards to certain competitors. Those enemies who stray from traditional industry rivalries are still powerful adversaries who we continue to battle even today." but then the young tiger blinked in confusion. "Too honorable? Perhaps... but one has to respect a man's honor. An eye for an eye doesn't always work in this line of business... especially when the enemy takes more than should be considered legal by anyone's standards." after taking a bite of his salad, Akihiko set the fork down and lifted his water glass, sipping it for a moment. "I suppose it would be proper for me to ask if you will continue to support Ohayou as you have in the past?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Ishi never responded to the first question. No, those were things best left between blood. He plucked up bites of his salad and started eating while they continued to talk. "I've heard the news. I've also heard my brother has invested some in Ohayou so certainly you'll be on your feet soon enough." Or he'll buy you out on principle... Yes, Ishi knew his older brother was a shrew business man. They had a few things in common at least.

"I see...so you'd like to reconnect with my...'services'." he chewed through a bit and then glanced up seeing the waiter coming over with their meal. He said nothing as the waiter sat the various platters in front of them. This was the point that Ishi picked up a fork and set his chopsticks to the side. "Yes, one should respect a man's honor. But there is little honor among cut throats and thieves." his lips had a rye smile as if he understood Aki's position and was troubled by the difficulties of holding ones place above those with less morals. "However, that is where the law supposedly should equalize things. Men should not have to give up their honor to solve problems such as these. Should they..?" But that went without saying there probably were many men that did so every day. People like Yuuji....

He ate a couple bites before answering Akihiko's last question. The man seemed to take his time as if considering every option. "Rukuro thinks Ohayou is worth saving. Although to be honest I'm not as interested in the music industry as other venture. However, having good upstanding businesses for young people to build dreams from is important to me. Japan needs a stronger position in the world market." Ishi was more interested in a wider vision of Japan than any one industry. He didn't seem negative about Ohayou in general, he was a politician and wasn't devoted to any one particular group.

"However, Aki gave me reasons to be interested in his world, will you continue to do the same?" It seems that while Akihiko was asking for his support there was also the same question conferred to him. The situation had to be mutual give and take. Aki probably had long discussion with this man about Japan, music, the shape of the world and the traditional values that slipped away as times changed. It was the deeper conversations of older men.

Although Ishi was the younger brother, he seemed like the older when compared to Rukuro. Rukuro was much more flamboyant even though deep in the industry plus he wasn't nearly as traditional as the man before Akihiko. It was easy to see where these two brothers could conflict in many ways.

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:26 pm
User Image

"The same?" Akihiko went silent for a few moments, thinking over how he would respond to that.
In the meantime he filled that silence with cutting one ravioli in half and eating it. He wiped his lips on the napkin in his lap, focusing those blue eyes that hid behind megane on the man across from him.
"It depends on what would be the same. You've told me that Aki spoke with you on the decline of the traditional and while I can easily do that, I can't sympathize in the same manner as my grandfather because there are some traditions I myself abandoned long ago... whereas there are others that I still hold dear. You don't seem to be a man interested in the art itself but perhaps the profit, though if I am wrong please correct me." Akihiko leaned back in the chair slightly, his faze never leaving Seiji. "I need to know your interests, Ishi-san... before I can tell you if Ohayou will continue to interest you... or not." he added with a slight smile, before taking another bite of ravioli. Stabbing another piece, he stared at it for a moment. "There is little honor among such men... and to be honest, I have little faith in the law to punish the wicked or to even bring charge against them. However... sometimes, it is a willing choice to give up one's honor for the greater good I suppose. It hardly makes the choice any easier... but then, I suppose all great men delegate such a choice to those they trust most and... refrain from sullying their pride, ne?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:31 pm

A light smile crossed Ishi's face as if he were a little amused by the answer Akihiko gave. "Aki supported my campaign and thus I would expect...that to be the same. It's really quite simple. And of course I know your not a traditionalist, considering your craft." And because Aki was worried you wouldn't follow his footsteps years ago. He took another bite of his eggplant and paused to chew before continuing, "My interests are in this nation and it's well being rather than one particular area."

"Difficult choices indeed." He didn't comment directly on the state of law not bringing men to justice. Although he did know the situation in some ways too well. Money was the key to power even in the halls of justices. Sometimes the pockets that were lined were those that had sworn to protect and serve. "I understand your words and I concur that it is difficult to have faith when you see certain individuals as they are. It takes a long time to take down men that have the resources to keep their 'lifestyles' alive and well. However, eventually someone makes a mistake...and becomes vulnerable. Those are the times to wait for and in the mean time, protect your own assets."

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:48 pm
User Image

Akihiko smiled slightly, "Then perhaps we can be on the same page after all, Ishi-san. From what I recall of your campaign, and from what I know to be my grandfather's values, I can easily agree to support your endeavors in the future. I care about this nation as well, probably far more than you may realize. There are things disappearing today that should never fall by the wayside... even if times are changing. Of course I will need to speak with Hiroki-san on the matter, but I've a feeling he would agree with your views even more than I." the young tiger spoke, that smile remaining pleasantly in place as he sipped his water. "My craft must take certain liberties... a sign of said changing times. I fear I don't live in a very traditionalist manner of course... but that doesn't mean I think the old ways should be abandoned so lightly either."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:56 pm

"Well that is good to hear, Koyasu-kun. Ah...well let me know then once you've spoken to Hiroki-san." he answered and then continued to eat his eggplant. "I doubt he will have much to disagree on, he did seem to follow Aki's views in most things."

"Rarely does music or art live in the tradition scheme of the world. I suppose without some adventurers there would be no change. Stagnation isn't good for anyone." Ishi's conversation continued to be polite and never once did he ask about Izzy or anything else regarding Akihiko's partner. Business was business it seemed.

"Well at least you do value some of the old ways. Young and Old walk together slowly toward the future, Sixty years from now, your ways will be the old ways. I suppose we must all adapt carefully to change." Ishi's politics probably were very traditional but it didn't seem like he was stuck in the past completely. But he probably wasn't as flexible as some younger men either. Although it seemed he had a broad understanding of the world around him. He wanted a good economy for Japan and to be a leader among nations. Ishi probably had many long conversations with Aki about the world. Even though it was hard to say if they were every really friends at all. Business partners seemed more likely with a hint of deeper conversation.

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:05 pm
User Image

Lunch continued, just bits of small talk really... Akihiko learning that he hadn't exactly prepared himself for current events like he should have. Halfway through the meal however, the young tiger leaned back and leveled Seiji with his blue gaze.
"I've been told not to bring up anything personal, Ishi-san... but I can't help but wonder... what prompted the advice regarding security that you gave your son before my grandfather's funeral?"
It was an honest question and not really about Izzy Lucky. No... it was something that had been bothering the musician for quite some time now.
A warning... and then an incident...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Ishi raised his eyes from his almost empty plate and he picked up some bread to dab into the last of the sauce. Then those eyes gazed into Akihiko's blue ones. "Such information dropped into my hands offering the distinct possibility that certain factions would make a move at an unfortunate time. Thus mm...my son, might be in the wrong place at the right time. While I will not discuss personal matters, it behooved me to advise." Ishi seemed in no way willing to talk about Izzy but obviously his intelligence network had a bead on parts of the darker underground.

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:30 pm
User Image

Akihiko nodded slightly, digesting that information. "Then Hiroki-san was their original target... and yet yourself, Ishi-san, and Goshiro-san were also both injured. I remained inside the shrine at the time... and Matsumoto-san was also there... Certain circumstances have lead me to believe that this wasn't perpetrated by the spider so let me ask directly, Ishi-san." he folded his hands in his lap, not intending to bring family into this matter at all.
No... this was about the security of Ohayou and it's staff. Nothing more.
"Information was dropped to you of this possibility... do these factions have a name or an underlying goal?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:04 pm

"Hiroki-san was an intended target I believe. I was a target of opportunity. But...Goshiro-san....mm..may or may not have been an intended target. He might have been just in the wrong place. However, I have my suspicions. No proof...but I suspect in certain circles, he doesn't lean toward the same views as I. His father wasn't a supporter of my views for Japan. And Goshiro-san follows his father's footsteps."

"Spider? Ah...you speak of Matsumoto-san. No...for once that man was not moving his dark pawns against Ohayou. Seems that Matsumoto-san has been taking it easy on Ohayou recently from everything I've been privy to see." Ishi picked up his drink as he pushed back his now empty plate. Then took a slow sip and considered what else he would say.

"Names...mm... no....And goals...mm...undermining Japan. You see Koyasu-kun. There are many people that would like to control various things and bring their own vision upon our nation. Matsumoto-san is such a man. But he isn't the only one. Men like that strive to find as much as they can control outside of what you see as their primary industry."

"Personally, I'm not sure if Ohayou is the direct target but a victim due to its weakness and a means to achieve other ends." said Ishi honestly as he set the glass down and plucked the napkin from his lap to wipe his lips. "Once I see a few more pieces move, I might be able to point fingers, however, right now my theory is that someone is trying to 'upset' Matsumoto-san's base of power."

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:17 pm
User Image

Akihiko sighed slightly, "That much is obvious, Ishi-san, simply from all of the problems his security has had recently in regards to performers such as Shou-san and Azriel-san. If I'm not mistaken, Ishihara You of Ohayou was also shot during one of those fiascoes... then of course they lost Hayato-san as well." the musician leaned back in his chair just a bit more, thinking over the older man's words.
No, Seiji wasn't going to give him any hints at who it might be... and of course why should he?
'He should because his son could be next, damn it.' the young tiger thought to himself but refrained from saying.
This meeting was about work.
SHI-GO-TO.
"Matsumoto-san has apparently agreed to a year of peace between our two companies... my grandfather's dying wish it seems. I'm glad the spider could give him that small grace. Yet if Hiroki-san were the target, that would do more to ensure Matsumoto-san's power base than anything else because he has expressed concrete interest in owning Ohayou." he sighed slightly, lithe fingers twisting his water glass one way then the other, blue gaze focused on the liquid for a while.
He had to play this right...
"I am personally prepared to merge this company with your brother's should it come down to it. While we may be weak now... we won't always be so. Thus, as it stands, these assailants gain nothing by attacking Ohayou and it's staff... if their real target is Matsumoto-san. As for their goals... well... I can't say that I agree with that way of thinking at all. Japan is perfectly capable of being a powerful nation and standing amongst the elite. Our pride and honor should dictate nothing else than to be a world power and stand on equal ground with the other more powerful nations of the world. There is so much good our country can do for humanity, and of course so many songs to be sung." Narcissus added with a slight smile on his lips. "However, and perhaps I deviate from the more traditional views... I value cooperation and common ground far more than any sort of isolationist policy. We may be an island nation... but it doesn't mean we can't extend hands of friendship to our neighbors."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:30 pm

"No...it would not ensure Matsumoto-san's power base." Ishi rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair. "You've just said yourself that Matsumoto-san has given Ohayou one year of grace to fulfill Aki's wish. What better time than to collapse Ohayou while Matsumoto-san is unable to react and take over? He is not the only business that wouldn't mind gobbling up your assets."

The older man thrummed his fingers on the table and considering the next words that came out of Akihiko's mouth. "Merging with MeKA will Americanize Ohayou." His words had a hint of bitterness to them and probably hinted at a few of the reasons for their difficult relationship. "But it is up to you what you do with the company and if Rukuro is willing to go that far then maybe it would be a better direction for you to follow. I've not looked at the financial analysis of the situation. However, my preference would be for Ohayou to remain a Japan Company." Ishi Seiji was very Japan-centric it seemed.

"Japan is a great nation and will continue to be as we advance forward. It will take much hard work but hopefully our children will benefit from the labor." Ishi smiled a little more but even in his smile he was always reading signals. A good politician never let his guard down. "Yes, many more songs...And in this day and age, song might be a better medium to clasp hands with neighbors than any of our...usual methods. I doubt any country can benefit from isolationist policies considering we've so much social media." Ishi didn't seem completely out of the know either about the world even if he had his traditionalist views.

"But, Koyasu-kun, unless you have more to discuss with me, I believe I should be returning to my schedule. I've other appointments today."

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:58 pm
User Image

Perhaps that made more sense than Akihiko had originally thought. Collapse Ohayou before SMASH could acquire it. If that were the case then they would have to shore up their security sooner rather than later.
Yes... Hiroki was going to get a visit from the young tiger after this meeting...
"It would not be my intent to Americanize the company. Ohayou is a Japanese company, Ishi-san. The merger would merely join hands, profits, and resources. There is much that can be gained from learning from others." Narcissus pointed out, knowing that there were many things rival studios could learn from one another... if they could just put those damn rivalries aside.
The young Koyasu inclined his head politely, agreeing with Seiji's statement about their 'great nation'. Akihiko loved Japan dearly. It was his home. And it was also why he rarely chose to tour outside the country.
"Of course, Ishi-san. I didn't mean to keep you too long. I will discuss things with Hiroki-san and perhaps we can keep an open line of dialogue much like you had with my grandfather in the past. Do not hesitate to seek our endorsement in your endeavors. I'm sure we've more in common than most realize."
Lunch was over.
Akihiko stood and bowed politely but then he stopped and smiled, "If it isn't too much trouble, Ishi-san... I have heard your wife runs a traditional inn. Perhaps an information packet could be delivered to Ohayou's business offices? We have many employees, staff and stars, who enjoy such excursions and I would much rather refer them to your wife's establishment than anywhere else."

[The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 683 684 685 686 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games