Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:12 am
Oh my...
SQUATS!
Do not buy this book, for the Inquisition will come take you away if so.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:19 pm
Seeing as how it is dubbed a heretical tome, no worries about it meddling with the fluff.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:23 am
That said, I'll be ordering a copy soon.

Anyway, some other read stuff:

Soul Hunter is ace-ace-ace. It has several neat moments that can clearly be defined as a CMOA or a badass speech. Without spoiling too much, here's one of the best exchanges from the book, where the squad is in a Thunderhawk going down for deployment:

Uzas: Blood, blood and skulls and souls for the Red King.
Adhemar: Shut up, shut up or I'll tear your head off, stuff it with frag grenades, and use it as the ugliest explosive ever made.
Cyrion: He can't hear you, ignore him. He always does this.
Uzas: Blood for the Blood God. Skulls for the-
Talos slams the head of Uzas
Talos: Shut up. Every mission. Every battle. Enough.
Cyrion: See?

I've also read Cain's Last Stand, which is okay and had some good moments in there. Not to mention it pits Cain against a mutant space Hitler with psychic powers.

Right now I'm reading Salamander and it certainly isn't a book for you if you dislike the word "pauldron".  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:42 am
No! Why would you buy such a horrible book in the first place? gonk  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:36 am
Told you Soul Hunter was good. ;] I very much enjoyed it.

Not sure how I feel about Salamander, it's next on my list after I read that short story in the Heroes of the space marines book. The salamanders story in it was.. I don't know, mediocre. I really dislike it when they make Space Marines essentially cannon fodder. It's just goofy. It's like they're used to writing a guard novel and expect space marines to take the same kind of losses as the guard.

I mean, if all chapters took losses like this there wouldn't BE any Adeptus Astartes. mad I hope the real book is better.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:35 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Why shouldn't I get it? It's a window into the past of the hobby. Besides, I've already ordered it. wink

Sir Kyle Aziz
Told you Soul Hunter was good. ;] I very much enjoyed it.

Not sure how I feel about Salamander, it's next on my list after I read that short story in the Heroes of the space marines book. The salamanders story in it was.. I don't know, mediocre. I really dislike it when they make Space Marines essentially cannon fodder. It's just goofy. It's like they're used to writing a guard novel and expect space marines to take the same kind of losses as the guard.

I mean, if all chapters took losses like this there wouldn't BE any Adeptus Astartes. mad I hope the real book is better.
Well, this novel has the time old cliché of dissent amongst the ranks. Which really annoys me, as every Marine chapter out there has it, at really bad times.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:56 pm
Lt. Brookman
Well, this novel has the time old cliché of dissent amongst the ranks. Which really annoys me, as every Marine chapter out there has it, at really bad times.

An I thought Space Marines were supposed to be 100% loyal paragons or something too. :/ Yet here they go questioning orders and disreguarding orders like they weren't psycho-indoctrinated. Like they're fresh out of a conscription boot camp for crying out loud.

I've heard about less problems in our real life army's and they have no where near the fanaticism that servants of the throne are supposed to have. It just boggles the mind how they must think when crafting a novel and its characters.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:50 am
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Why shouldn't I get it? It's a window into the past of the hobby. Besides, I've already ordered it. wink
Oh. Okay.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:36 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Oh. Okay.
I wasn't supposed to order it?

Salamanders has made me take up Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:09 pm
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Oh. Okay.
I wasn't supposed to order it?

Salamanders has made me take up Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy.
Well.. It doesn't matter now. But do share with us how the Millennium Trilogy is, I've heard some bits and bobs about it.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:39 am
Space Marine just came in and well..

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:07 pm
I love Titanicus.
Great book.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:07 pm
Lt. Brookman

User Image
Don't go homo on you me p***k.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:45 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Lt. Brookman

User Image
Don't go homo on you me p***k.
So far the book is pretty bad. Bolters ejaculating shells into the tender flesh of rollerskating humans pretending to be Eldar. Scouts farting as they crawl up a vent. An Emperor Titan flipping off seven Warlord titans with its power fist. A space marine named Biff. The Emperor called Awesome.

And to think, I still need to reach the point where they shoot boarding torpedoes up the a** of a Nid bioship. sweatdrop  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:49 am
Lt. Brookman
Right now I'm reading Salamander and it certainly isn't a book for you if you dislike the word "pauldron".

Or "Plastron". He seriously needs to get a different god damn word for shoulder armour or chest armour.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games