Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asmusei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:32 pm
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow

Water tends to alleviate the stickyness I find.
Nice, I never thought of that!
Any other quick tips? I suck at greenstuff myself...

None that I can think of offhand. I mostly use the stuff to make small additions. Only sculpted one character prior to this guardswoman and said character was in full plate, which made things so much easier.
That's true. I haven't done much of anything impressive either, mainly remade a thumb for my Space Marine Sargent.

Got me a box of Cadians today and I'm currently converting them with some Catachan bitz and some heads from Reaper Miniatures and a bit of greenstuff. Gonna be a vet squad and, Emperor willing, part of a Kill Team if GW makes proper rules.
Considering many of their ******** I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.
Still, I'd like to see WIP pictures!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:02 pm
Asmusei
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow

Water tends to alleviate the stickyness I find.
Nice, I never thought of that!
Any other quick tips? I suck at greenstuff myself...

None that I can think of offhand. I mostly use the stuff to make small additions. Only sculpted one character prior to this guardswoman and said character was in full plate, which made things so much easier.
That's true. I haven't done much of anything impressive either, mainly remade a thumb for my Space Marine Sargent.

Got me a box of Cadians today and I'm currently converting them with some Catachan bitz and some heads from Reaper Miniatures and a bit of greenstuff. Gonna be a vet squad and, Emperor willing, part of a Kill Team if GW makes proper rules.

I'll take a pic before I start painting.

So far I have a vet with a grenade launcher, one with a flamer and one with a sniper. Considering kitting one out with a rocket launcher, but that would require me hacking apart a rocket launcher arm from an old space marine.  

Silvia Crow

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Asmusei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:18 pm
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow

So far I have a vet with a grenade launcher, one with a flamer and one with a sniper. Considering kitting one out with a rocket launcher, but that would require me hacking apart a rocket launcher arm from an old space marine.
Yeah, why not! You don't see that kind of thing normally anyways!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:31 pm
Asmusei
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow

Well now I need an HQ and another troop spot. Was considering a regular Infantry platoon to supplement the vets, as they're at the least 20 points less. Not sure what I'll do with/about the HQ slot though.  

Silvia Crow

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Asmusei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:34 pm
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow

Well now I need an HQ and another troop spot. Was considering a regular Infantry platoon to supplement the vets, as they're at the least 20 points less. Not sure what I'll do with/about the HQ slot though.
I'd say slice up an old Space Marine and combine parts of a Cadian with him; the chest plate with the Aquila will be impressive in its own right and the added bulk with some bits of wire can make it look like his torso had to be permanently encased from surviving nearly being crushed to death. Then you could replace one arm with the Marine arm, maybe even cut away parts and add some wire to make it look like it had been completely replaced with robotics at one point.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:45 pm
Asmusei
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow

I'd say slice up an old Space Marine and combine parts of a Cadian with him; the chest plate with the Aquila will be impressive in its own right and the added bulk with some bits of wire can make it look like his torso had to be permanently encased from surviving nearly being crushed to death. Then you could replace one arm with the Marine arm, maybe even cut away parts and add some wire to make it look like it had been completely replaced with robotics at one point.

I ended up just slicing off the rocket launcher from the marine's shoulder and keeping the hand, then snipping off the laspistol of a spare Cadian Sarge's arm and grafting the two together with superglue and greenstuff.

Now making the loader then the last two with lasguns.  

Silvia Crow

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Asmusei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:50 pm
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow

I ended up just slicing off the rocket launcher from the marine's shoulder and keeping the hand, then snipping off the laspistol of a spare Cadian Sarge's arm and grafting the two together with superglue and greenstuff.

Now making the loader then the last two with lasguns.
Hey, sounds good to me!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:48 am
Well, got 9/10 of my first Vet squad done. The total point cost in the end is 137 points for the squad (A Grenade Launcher, Flamer, Sniper Rifle, a Missile Launcher, melta bombs and a demo charge, a Vox and a bolt pistol for the Sarge). Still working on the female guard. Need glue and a hell of a lot of patience for this green stuff to dry.

Opted to turn the middle launcher trooper and the loader into girls as well.

All that is left after that is to paint them and name'em all.  

Silvia Crow

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Asmusei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:12 pm
Silvia Crow
Well, got 9/10 of my first Vet squad done. The total point cost in the end is 137 points for the squad (A Grenade Launcher, Flamer, Sniper Rifle, a Missile Launcher, melta bombs and a demo charge, a Vox and a bolt pistol for the Sarge). Still working on the female guard. Need glue and a hell of a lot of patience for this green stuff to dry.

And pictures, seeing people's work is always nice.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:24 pm
Asmusei
Silvia Crow

Need to get my hands on a camera first >.>

Also, I switched things around again. Now everyone's rockin' 'nade launchers.  

Silvia Crow

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Asmusei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:26 pm
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow

xd Just can't make up your mind, can you?
See if you can borrow one from a friend, like as school or something.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:27 pm
Asmusei
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow

Well I came to the conclusion that a jack-of-all-trades squad would be stupid weak.

There's a camera around here somewhere, but I dunno where it is offhand.  

Silvia Crow

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Asmusei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:29 pm
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow
Asmusei
Silvia Crow

Well I came to the conclusion that a jack-of-all-trades squad would be stupid weak.

There's a camera around here somewhere, but I dunno where it is offhand.
I guess you are right. After all, a Crisis Suit team with one of everything gets laughed off the board...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:59 am
I've got some veterans somewhere that are all kitted out with grenade launchers. Mixing in catachan heads and legs are good ways to make them more dynamic.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:45 pm
Imperial Guard are pretty versatile it seems. Not as much as the Orks (clearly), but still...

And now for something completely different...

Female Archon:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The bulk of the model is a finecast Lhamean, which I removed the head, both arms, and the hair braid from. The head is a female Wych head (the one with the pigtails (yes, there are male wych heads as well, hence the distinction)) that I cut the existing hairstyle off of and added another one with green stuff (obviously). the knife hand is from the Kabalite Warriors sprue, the pistol hand (originally holding a splinter pistol) is one I found in my bitz box. I forget what it came from.

Now to address the oddities:
-she finds a bolt pistol far more reliable than a standard splinter pistol (since the weapons dealers in Commoragh that sell them always sabotage the ones they sell her), and actually figured out how to make splinter shells for it (so it counts as a splinter pistol)

-she uses the vox-pack to eavesdrop on comms-chatter and plan the best time and place to launch a realspace raid

By the way, I do find Catachan legs to be far more dynamic than Cadian ones...  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games