Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sazarac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:21 pm
Howdy All!

Gaia sure is an interesting place isn't it? I've only been here a couple of days but I can already see that one of it's most important aspects is art. And the artists that frequent it. I can't honestly say when I first decided I was an artist, it just always seems to have been that way. I like to say (maybe to often) "We aren't what we do, we do what we are". (shrug) So I'm an artist.

I'm here to offer my help to anyone who'd like it. I don't work in anime. I do appreciate it. It just isn't what I do. I work in fine art with a fantasy edge. I've been working professionally for many years in many mediums, and I feel that I can lend a helping hand with anatomy. Most especially faces. My website is Deep Dreaming. You can check out the link on my profile page. My name is Victory, but since it was already taken I'm using Sazarac here. You can use either one. I even answer to "hey you"!

OH, and don't take my avatar too seriously! I would never strangle a fellow artist. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:28 pm
Well, hello there.
Though my avatar is a male, I am a 22 year old female. I haven't taken any art classes, quite frankly, but I can't say that I'm self-taught either. I've bought quite a lot of art books from bookstores and learned through there and am still learning by either book means or going outside and burning myself (seriously, I skip the whole tanning and go straight to burning). I've done a few odd art commissions, mainly tattoos (seems people in Georgia are partial to tattoos) and a few drawings for a website; the owner of the website is making it for kids to write in and she wanted me to draw a few cartoon style horses so I took. I've drawn animals, mainly horses, for most of my life and started learning to draw humans a little less than a year ago. Which reminds me, I really need to update my DA account...  

Lastro

4,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Sazarac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:22 am
Interesting! I go straight to burn as well. AND I used to draw horses exclusively. Still like em...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:41 am
I'm Kirumoshi anyone can call me Kiru~

um i'm a freshmen at high DX failed once. classes are great. (nothing to good about them)
my hobbies are to cook, draw and play vidieo games
I've been drawing for about five years. only because my sister and my mom both draw. i'm mostly into anime so is my sister but my mom is into drawing realistic animals.

Kirumoshi

ampthetv

Stubborn Gearhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:40 am
how did i pass up this sticky...?

well anyways, i'm 18 and taking my first steps into a (hopefully promising) medical career
started drawing in 6th grade because i wanted to draw better than a friend
i've taken a few art and art related classes, but for the most part i'm self taught
i prefer using my tablet to using a pencil and paper (though i can still whip up something if needed on paper)
and i use corel painter (too poor for photoshop D: )

aaand that is it
its nice to meet you all -3-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:18 pm
Hey guys!

Im katrina. Im a freshman and ive been taking art classes since 7th grade. Im not into sketching stuff, but I love color and abstract forms. I hope to get an art scholarship in the near future

If you feel like going blind you can go on artsonia
(Lame i know, but thats the only way i can get my stuff online)

My username is katrina175

I love comments, and im allways up for a good conversation, Pm me if you like.

Podium

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Syrella
Crew

7,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:45 pm
Hi~ just another artist here (23/female). I love art and have been drawing since I was little... I know I'm no genius, but I enjoy what I do. smile I'm a college student right now and will probably be in school for a very long time [aspiring med student]. In my spare time, I also like writing stories.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:25 pm
Hey!

I'm Chrysel and a Senior in high school. I've been drawing anime since 6th grade but really got into realism about sophomore year. I've been getting into painting and I love love love watercolors. :3

D.A.

That's my site. It hasnt been updated for a few months cause I don't have a camera. >.<  

iOhmi

SirPomPomz

Invisible Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:07 pm
Don't know if anyone will see this... but eh it won't hurt.
Hello. I'm Kon Pee Ba, or PanPan is good too...
I joined this thread in hopes of becoming a better artist. I have been drawing around the age 12 or 13. My parents don't see this approach to a career a great idea. I'm a freshman in college, my major is still undecided. I like all kinds of art.
I'll post my gallery.
So I can get rid of that... I hope I don't.
And I do love constructive criticism since I believe other artists will catch my faults, and I have no one to turn to for that. I hope I can be of some help to. I also hope to meet a lot of artist too. Oki Doki. See you around the forums. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:16 am
Hey. ^^
I'm known as either Darkly or Mr.Pop (though female) I've taken some art classes but they mainly focused on animals while I want to draw more people and scenery.

I guess you could say I draw anime/manga but I really just want to be an illustrator. Pretty much a traditional artist but I hope to get a tablet soon and then I will be working on my digital skills. xD
No paint though. Just colored pencils.

Other than drawing, I like video games, movies, writing, friends, and more.
I think that's all. :l

Darkly Dearest Dreamer

Tipsy Conversationalist

Valski

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:44 am
Yo~ The names Valski or nickname "Add" and I am 15 years old [[but not for long =w=]].I am a visual student and only had a few art classes in my life.I learn art by reading books and also draw whatever I'm thinking[[the poor papers;;]].I have a passion for drawing the human body and love to come up with original[?] characters along with stories from time to time.I may not be the best student in the block but I'm very dedicated to the things i love.

By coming to this guild I hope to learn perspective,scenery,and how to draw from what i see since I have trouble in those departments.Pixels and penciling is my forte along with color pencils.I also have the program Painter x for the case that i run out of materials or desire to try cg.

My likes includes realism,pets,dark humor,anything oriental[[ 1Year Japanese Language]gore[[but don't be mislead]] and also I love to play the guitar [[currently learning it]]. I don't really dislike anything except sugarcane.

宜しくお願いします
=Please to meet you

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb11/Cry-My-Name/  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:54 pm
Hola all! I am not sure if I joined this thread because the thing wasn't answer. I hope I get an upbeat mentor if I get a mentor! I basically eye other artwork and see if I can try in mine. My goal with this guild is to see if my artwork improves in the end. Hopefully I make new friends add and help my work in art and much more! I have been drawing focusedly for a year and a half. Not very long Some artwork:
My artwork two days ago only ten minutes!  

PoisonousMoonlight

lalamariana

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:32 pm
Howdyz, my name says lalamariana but I would actually prefer Lalam- NOT llama!
I've been drawing since I could hold a tool, more specifically a black permanent marker. You should seriously the wall in my room. It has doodles I don't even remember, backwards "S"s and things that might be stick people.

I don't think you can classify me as a certain type of artist but I prefer using colored pencils. I also like sewing and singing but that is for another guild ^_^ People who have taken their time to comment on my art previously say I am "not good enough to have a style", so I can't tell you that. I "suck at anatomy and don't seem to care", hopefully someone can cure me of this. ^_^

for the other stuff:
I am 17
I am a girl
I love to draw bears
I love Steve Nash (google him ^_^)
This is my fave pic I have drawn so far:Waterfall ^_^. You'll see why "^_^" is my favorite smiley  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:06 pm
I'm Nigh, kinda new to this guild, and I'm a sophmore in high school. I like anime, realistic faces, and I'm getting into photography. I guess that's me...  

FrozenVendetta

Mothily

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:52 pm
Hi, I'm Sacch. I go by Sacchy, Sacchin, whatever anyone wants to call me that has "Sacch" in it. XD;
I'm a Senior in High School and I'm a hobby artist. I live in Florida with my family and this Christmas I'm getting a new tablet. 21 days from now, I turn 18.
I draw Anime, but I reference from Realism.
Crit me. I don't sue. I'm here to improve my work even though it's a hobby. I like excelling in what I do and it's fun to watch yourself improve. (Good god, I'd show my old art from 2006, but it's horrendous!)

Anyway, I have to thank Errol for accepting my application here. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games