Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:34 pm
Libidinal Catharsis
Hey people, I was just accepted into the guild. Just wanted to make a quick post to introduce myself before I got to bed.

I'm a 22 year old Christian Witch just barely coming into Womanhood. I have a keen interest in symbolism, languages, numerology, astrology, and herbalism, but I don't know much about any of those things. I would totally love some mentors, even though I'm not home enough to spend much time on Gaia.

I come here with much humility and respect to everyone.

Peace! And hope to be talking to yall soon (I'm from Texas, can you tell?)!
They're everywhere!
wink

Welcome.
Check out PathWays, there are some other Christians there- and there's a thread in the main guild as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:49 pm
Libidinal Catharsis
Hey people, I was just accepted into the guild. Just wanted to make a quick post to introduce myself before I got to bed.

I'm a 22 year old Christian Witch just barely coming into Womanhood. I have a keen interest in symbolism, languages, numerology, astrology, and herbalism, but I don't know much about any of those things. I would totally love some mentors, even though I'm not home enough to spend much time on Gaia.

I think we'll get along biggrin . I'm originally from Louisiana.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:07 am
Because I received the recommendation in here, I thought I should let you guys know, and this seemed like the best place:

For your future reference, the Seeker's List on Amber and Jet has been closed. Like, the day my Join request was accepted. sweatdrop

*le sigh* It's probably for the best, anyway - for some reason, teachers seem not to take kindly, in my experience, to people who won't say outright that they're pre-committed to following the path of education to oathbound, clergyfied completion. Though, in retrospect, I suppose that there are other places to seek my education. They just... cost more. sweatdrop

*Frolics off to look for recommended reading lists*

Also, because a friend of mine once mentioned it, and it just occurred to me to wonder... Is there anyone around who could explain to me the concept of 'mitochondrial Eve'? I felt like such a dunce when she mentioned it, but she's since referenced it and expected me to know what it means, because I didn't say anything at first. sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:12 am
Ultramarine Violet
Because I received the recommendation in here, I thought I should let you guys know, and this seemed like the best place:

For your future reference, the Seeker's List on Amber and Jet has been closed. Like, the day my Join request was accepted. sweatdrop

*le sigh* It's probably for the best, anyway - for some reason, teachers seem not to take kindly, in my experience, to people who won't say outright that they're pre-committed to following the path of education to oathbound, clergyfied completion. Though, in retrospect, I suppose that there are other places to seek my education. They just... cost more. sweatdrop

I know! I was so sad to hear they were closing down their Seekers' List portion of the group. But I think that one of the women on there is still willing to help someone who is seeking as much as she can.

Really? I haven't gotten that impression. From what I can tell, they want you to be willing to put in the effort for the outer-court/pre-initiation training - they want the commitment to work hard and try your best. And that seems reasonable to me. If at any point someone feels that Wicca isn't for them, they're free to leave the training AFAIK.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:20 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
Really? I haven't gotten that impression. From what I can tell, they want you to be willing to put in the effort for the outer-court/pre-initiation training - they want the commitment to work hard and try your best. And that seems reasonable to me. If at any point someone feels that Wicca isn't for them, they're free to leave the training AFAIK.
I could also just have been exposed to shitty teachers. The first teacher that eventually decided to take me - but before I knew any better, unfortunately - was a fluff and a fraud, in terms of her claims about Wicca. I mentioned a few of the book sources in the Rec'd Reading thread, but she's still kind of in denial. She had very interesting ideas about witchcraft, etc., though.

(EDIT!) The overall point of my post being, of course, that I've kind of become wary of Teachers in general, since her, and I may have misinterpereted what they were asking of me due to a slight paranoia on the subject.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:21 pm
heart Nice to meet you all! My name is Maura but you may call me Vid3licit or vid for short. I'm a 23 year old female. I'm pretty new to gaia but i've been studying witchcraft and the occult for about 10 years now. I'm very excited to have an opportunity to share and learn with all of you. I'm still catching up reading all of your active topics and it looks like I came to the right place. While my interests are diverse I usually focus my studies around The order of the Silver Star, Thelema and Quaballah. I'm pretty good with astrology. I've been casting charts since I was a kid. I think making this community was a great idea! I'm glad to be a part of it now.

93/93

Viz.  

VixenxVid3licit

3,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:23 pm
Ultramarine Violet
Also, because a friend of mine once mentioned it, and it just occurred to me to wonder... Is there anyone around who could explain to me the concept of 'mitochondrial Eve'? I felt like such a dunce when she mentioned it, but she's since referenced it and expected me to know what it means, because I didn't say anything at first. sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop

IAMAB, but my understanding is that our mitochondria always comes from our mother, genetically speaking (mitochondria is a non-human organism which lives in human cells and manages energy). Since this comes from the mother, people can trace the mutations and derivations through generations and there is a posited, though I think not actual, original "single woman."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:40 pm
rmcdra
Libidinal Catharsis

As am I! >.<  

Aino Ailill

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:41 pm
Welcome, all!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:03 pm
Aino Ailill
rmcdra
Libidinal Catharsis

As am I! >.<

Me three! Well, I was born there a moved a few months afterward.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

0range_rayne

Original Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:50 pm
hello my name is rayne, im 26 and i love in florida. ive been learning and reading about witchcraft for almost 12 years now. i love learning about all kinds of stuff and i grab any book i can find. i love to read.. some things i am not good at like herbology and some things i am good at like astral projection.. im usually shy when it comes to talking on the computer to new people, but once i get to know you a little bit i can become quite chatty biggrin i look forward to getting to know this community better.. ~rayne  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:13 pm
0range_rayne
hello my name is rayne, im 26 and i love in florida. ive been learning and reading about witchcraft for almost 12 years now. i love learning about all kinds of stuff and i grab any book i can find. i love to read.. some things i am not good at like herbology and some things i am good at like astral projection.. im usually shy when it comes to talking on the computer to new people, but once i get to know you a little bit i can become quite chatty biggrin i look forward to getting to know this community better.. ~rayne

what part or florida, if you don't mind my asking, i'm in south alabama.  

whiporwill-o

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:45 pm
whiporwill-o
0range_rayne

I'm probably quite close to you! I live in the Panhandle. Saturday, my friend and I were driving the hour to Pensacola to attend my friend's brother's track meet and accidently missed the exit and wound up in Alabama! x.x xP  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:48 pm
I miss Louisiana, especially the part where I didn't have to worry about winter.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:04 pm
Aino Ailill
whiporwill-o
0range_rayne

I'm probably quite close to you! I live in the Panhandle. Saturday, my friend and I were driving the hour to Pensacola to attend my friend's brother's track meet and accidently missed the exit and wound up in Alabama! x.x xP

how funny! i'm about an hour from p'cola, myself, lol.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games