Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:52 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Try-outs

"You know it Remy." David said happily. He was so ready for this. Turning to Crash he flashed him a smile. "Same to you Crash." David called out to him. David smiled he'd spotted the snitch at least he thought. Following after what he saw he hoped he was on the right track. It sure did look like the snitch. He couldn't be sure. 'Please don't be an illusion...' he pleaded.

With: Quidditch Team...

Wearing: Quidditch Uniform

OOC: 19+ = spot, (1/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)
AC: 17
Modifiers: +2 spotting, +2 catch, +2 dodge, +2 experience played, +3 advanced flying I & II
Special Skills: Sharp Eye, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Xistund rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:04 am
User Image
User Image

You can go the distance
You can run the mile
You can walk straight through hell with a smile

Fourth YearBeaterGryffindorSingle

Standing in the hall of fame
And the world's gonna know your name
'Cause you burn with the brightest flame
And the world's gonna know your name
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

Tevye was stunned he could not believe what they where telling him. Remy cheated... He unfortunately had no time to dwell on it for he was placed in teams. He was teamed up with Remy he was unsure how to take it. Flying up the game started and already he saw a bludger moving towards Ronna. Tevye moved in to try and slap it away back to Jacob.

You could be the hero
You could get the gold
Breaking all the records they thought never could be broke

Position: Beater
AC: 19
Modifiers: +9 to AC, +5 to Hit.
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Lives: [] [] [] []

{Out of Character:}

Xistund

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:12 am
User Image

"Yeah I sure am. I hope I do alright though." Leonette told Remy honestly. She'd flown with her dad before and David taught her a few things but she wasn't sure how she'd do. When she heard she'd be on a team with Caitlin and Remy she smiled. Clearly Leonette had lower experience but she'd improve she knew it.

First Remy had the quaffle and then Xavier and then Remy got it back again. Good think she was on Remy's team. She flew close just in case she needed to get it the quaffle back for the team.

Wearing: Try-out outfit

OOC: Team 1 (0/3)
Position: Chaser
AC: 10
Modifiers: +2 block, +2 steal, +2 shoot
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Swift Swipe, Good Arm

Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:25 pm
User Image
User Image
Heart pounds, eyes blink, brain thinks
I need to Seek, but what?
The Snitch, no
There is but one goal.

I shall be victorious
But only for her
She is mine
And I shall win for her

Romy was certain David was on the track of the Snitch. That meant he had spotted, and it meant he was ahead! The older boy flew closer, searching around. Surely the Snitch was within obvious sight... right?

Modifiers: +7 to Spot, +7 to Catch

Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Natural Flyer, Great Catch
Chasing Number: 0/3
Spotting Number: 0/2
Final Roll: 19 SPOTTED
Roll Number: 12
Lives:
[♌] [♌] [♌]
{In My Notes:}

Her heart, her eyes, her mind
Everything I could ever need
Her soul glows gold
Her heart mine to catch

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:30 pm
User Image

As David got closer he knew it was the snitch. 'My eyes aren't playing tricks on me.' he thought as he flew closer and closer to it. He had been so focused on the snitch he had no idea that Romy had caught sight of it.

OOC: 19+ = spot, (2/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)
Modifiers: +2 spotting, +2 catch, +2 dodge, +2 experience played, +3 advanced flying I & II

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:31 pm
User Image
User Image
The Snitch, no
There is but one goal.

I shall be victorious
But only for her
She is mine
And I shall win for her

There it was!! Navy eyes widened in delight, the boy flying faster now. He had to beat David to the Snitch!! The boy edged forward on his broom, hoping for a win. He had to prove himself, since he was surely the absolute worst try-out candidate on the Pitch. He flew faster, thankful he had at least a bit of support from his sister.... maybe.

Chasing Number: 1/3
Final Roll:
Roll Number:
Lives:
[♌] [♌] [♌]

Her soul glows gold
Her heart mine to catch

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:46 pm
User Image
User Image

💙 We were both young when I first saw you. I close my eyes and the flashback starts:
                                        💙 I'm standing there… in the Quidditch stands in autumn air. See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns.
                                        💙 See you make your way through the crowd and say, "Hello." Little did I know...
                                        ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Annabeth climbed into the stands, clutching her flowery journal to her chest. She took a seat near the front so she could see most of what was going on. As she looked out at the field, she instantly spotted Romulus. She hoped he would finally catch the Snitch, even if it was just at tryouts. He needed the confidence boost. As the players took off into the sky and the mock game began, the girl stood up and cupped her hands around her mouth. "You can do it, Romy! I know you can!" she hollered at the top of her lungs. Hopefully, her presence wouldn't be a distraction to her friend.. boy.. thing... Just as the Snitch was released, the other boy trying for Seeker had spotted it, while Romy was left hunting for the little golden ball that had eluded him all these years. Anna frowned. Just then, Romy shot off in a specific direction. He had spotted it too! "Go, Romy, go!" she called out, her smile returning. Now it was a battle to see who could catch it first. And if the Quidditch Gods were on her side, it would be Romy who came out victorious.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                                        That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles, but my head is saying , "Stay away, Juliet." 💙
                                        And I was crying on the staircase, begging you, "Please don't go." And I said... 💙

💙 Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone. I'll be waiting; all that's left to do is run. 💙
                                        💙 You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess. It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes." 💙

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:48 pm
User Image

The snitch was so close all he had to do was get a little closer. David tried not to think about all that had happened two years ago. He had to give it his all not only for himself but for his team and for all of those who believed in him when he didn't believe in himself.

OOC: 19+ = spot, (3/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
RedEagleEye007 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:53 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Eleven year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: TBA{|}Mood: Pumped up

The little looked around as those older kids battled. It seemed as if they had found it; so he followed them. He still could not physically see it however and that bothered him. He felt inadequate at best. He held his head in shame at his inadequacy, but then that's when it showed.

There is was, the little snitch, golden as ever. He had seen it and he wanted it, but he was not nearly as far as the older kids. He wouldn't have a chance for awhile, but he would wait it out. He might actually get a chance if the two others missed.

AC: 12
Modifiers:
Special Skills: Sharp Eyes(+2 to Spotting), Natural Flyer, Great Catch(+2 to Catching)
Final Roll: 21
Roll Number: 19  
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:01 pm
User Image

David knew that Romy had found sight of the snitch by Anna's cheers. He had to get it before he did. 'Just relax reach out and grab the snitch.' he told himself as he got closer to the golden ball. Once he was close enough he reached his arm out trying to hold himself steady. Before trying to grab a hold of little gold ball.

OOC: 19+ = spot, (3/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (1/2 attempts)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:07 pm
User Image

David felt the snitch between his fingers as his hand wrapped around it. "I did it!" he cried out. His bad luck streak was over. He had his fight back and there was no way David was going to let anything push him back down. He knew he'd have to let it go and start all over again but the feeling of knowing he could do it more than enough for him.

OOC: 19+ = spot, (3/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (1/2 attempts)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:10 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Eleven year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: TBA{|}Mood: TBA

Theo instantly was let down because it seemed as if one of the older boys had gotten the snitch already. "Wow, that's upsetting," he whispered to himself, knowing that he was the last to see it too. Sure, he was a first year with no Quidditch experience whatsoever, but it upset him nonetheless. He should be thankful for even finding it.

His mood really dropped at that point. He wish he could've been the one on the other side of this scenario, but hey, practice makes perfect. Hopefully the captain kept him around so he could practice on the pitch with them. Maybe they would have to try again? Hopefully he could get another shot at it.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:16 pm
User Image
User Image
The Snitch, no
There is but one goal.

I shall be victorious
But only for her
She is mine
And I shall win for her

Romy was watching closely, ready to strike after the ball, when another hand encapsulated it. He blinked. Just like that, it was over. The older teen sighed, hanging his head. Of course, for all the good luck he thought he had, it had vanished. Navy eyes glanced at David, the boy putting his best attempt at a smile on. "Good job, David. I'm glad you caught. I know Rem's proud too." He offered out his hand to shake, not wanting to seem ungentlemanly.

Final Roll:
Roll Number:
Lives:
[♌] [♌] [♌]

Her soul glows gold
Her heart mine to catch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:19 pm
Some things we don't talk about
Rather do without
And just hold the smile
Falling in and out of love
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while
You can never say never
While we don't know when

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Second Year - Twin -
[feeling: nervous] [thinking: I'm probably not going to get an actual spot...] [with: Gryffindors] [at: Gryffindor Team Tryouts]

Toby didn't have time to register anything other than that now he was supposed to be flying. He took off quickly, holding his bat rather tightly, and praying he managed to make a good impression. Or an impression of any kind. Okay, bludger, right. He needed to look for a bludger. to hit. Augh, of all the times for him to completely blank... he groaned and then blinked in surprise. The snitch had already been caught. The bloody snitch was already caught and he hadn't even done anything. Well... maybe they were going to keep playing? Wait, yes, they were, okay, now where was the other bludger? Teyve was attempting to protect Ronna from one... Aha! Honestly a little wary of trying to hit a chaser, he aimed at an opposing team beater, which meant... Teyve. 'Kay. He could do this. He gritted his teeth and swung the bat.

Younger now than we were before.

TEAM 2
Position: Trying Out for Beater
AC: 12
Mods: +2 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X)(X)(X)(X)

((This is my first time, ever, rping a character playing Quidditch. The dice system confuses the heck out of me but I'm going to try. Please let me know if I do anything wrong, guys. Thanks!))

But time and time again
Younger now than we were before
Don't let me go
Don't let me go
We're falling apart and coming together
Again and again
We're growing apart but we pull it together
Pull it together, together again

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:26 pm
Ahahaha... forgot to roll. sweatdrop  
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games