Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:20 am
I've never watched Buffy minus the movie. o.o Now I've seen Angel and Charmed. I'm currently watching True Blood, Bones, Rescue Me, and Hawthorne. And I might do a Torchwood marathon tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:49 am
The Amazing Ryuu
I got the pentacostal thing. You lost me with the clown-eating though. blaugh

Clowns don't eat Pentecostals because they vomit the pentecostals hands.

...Ya know, for knowing your Bible well, you guys suck at getting jokes. rofl  

ferret658

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:44 am
ferret658
The Amazing Ryuu

Usually if people don't get your jokes it's because you messed up the punch line....something my dad told me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:39 am
Jokes sometimes don't translate over the interwebz. I have some really funny (though slightly blasphemous) jokes I could tell but they're just not as funny online. Alas.

Here's one my Episcopalian roommate told me though.

A man got to Heaven and God was showing him around. They got to a room and God opened the door and saw all these people wearing brightly colors clothes. The man said, "God, who are all those people and why are they dressed like that?"

God replied, "They're the Amish. In life the wore only plain colors so in Heaven they can wear whatever they want." They went to the next room and God opened the door and the room was filled with people dance.

The man asked again, "God, who are these people and why are they dancing?" God said, "They're the Baptists. In life they never danced, so in Heaven they get to dance all they want."

They went to the third room and opened the door and the room was full of people just sitting. The man asked God, "God, who are these people and why are they all just sitting in here?"

God replied, "These are the Episcopalians. They did everything in life already."

Might be funnier if you knew my roommate. But hopefully that translated well across the interwebz.

freelance lover
Crew

ferret658

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
ferret658
The Amazing Ryuu

Usually if people don't get your jokes it's because you messed up the punch line....something my dad told me. 3nodding

.... crying that's so messed up....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:47 pm
freelance lover
Jokes sometimes don't translate over the interwebz. I have some really funny (though slightly blasphemous) jokes I could tell but they're just not as funny online. Alas.

Here's one my Episcopalian roommate told me though.

A man got to Heaven and God was showing him around. They got to a room and God opened the door and saw all these people wearing brightly colors clothes. The man said, "God, who are all those people and why are they dressed like that?"

God replied, "They're the Amish. In life the wore only plain colors so in Heaven they can wear whatever they want." They went to the next room and God opened the door and the room was filled with people dance.

The man asked again, "God, who are these people and why are they dancing?" God said, "They're the Baptists. In life they never danced, so in Heaven they get to dance all they want."

They went to the third room and opened the door and the room was full of people just sitting. The man asked God, "God, who are these people and why are they all just sitting in here?"

God replied, "These are the Episcopalians. They did everything in life already."

Might be funnier if you knew my roommate. But hopefully that translated well across the interwebz.

eek .... ninja Your face translates well across the interwebz!!!!1 rofl rofl  

ferret658

ferret658

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:48 pm
...Has anyone ever encountered a split in a youth group or an uprising?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:51 pm
ferret658

/pwn

rofl

We still love you. heart  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:14 am
freelance lover
Guys... the guild is alive again. HUZZAH! We have new topics and everything! I'm so happy biggrin

Yes! One unexpected side effect of the interest thread I made in M&R for the interfaith discussion is people joining the guild. Which is cool. Yay for revivals. 4laugh

The only religious jokes I know are ... uh .... Jew jokes. neutral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:29 am
ferret658

My youth group in high school was huge, so it was very clicky. It was just really hard to get people to break out of their clicks sometimes, especially when we had a new person come. I was lucky in that my grade level eventually saw this as a problem and tried to combat it, but it's hard sometimes. Other than that there was never really a "split," aside from people being married to their own group of friends.  

freelance lover
Crew

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:46 am
I've never been in a youth group but I have encountered splits among my friends. Whether it's because of something I did, or the fact that one of my friends is an idiot and won't realize nor accept his feelings. (It sounds conceited but by looking at the way he's acting, he's in love with me ) ninja

Blargh...I ate too much for lunch. >.<  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:01 pm
For all intents and purposes, let's use my situation. My "adopted" sister's brother told her that this guy named Sammy was trying to start his own youth group. Her brother's reason for this is because "Debbie can't handle anything because she has too many kids." Has anyone encountered a similar experience?  

ferret658

ferret658

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:02 pm
The Amazing Ryuu
ferret658

/pwn

rofl

We still love you. heart

You're old! your love doesn't count! lol rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:30 pm
ferret658
Yes to both.

Sometimes its a good thing, mostly, its a really painful/awful thing that shouldn't have ever happened.

There are times when I sit down and look over my old photo albums and cry because of what happened....  

Atreadia Allaani

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games