Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
The Dueling Club! (Closed!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MyMoonlitDream

Romantic Trafficker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:29 pm
"Wow, an answer I actually know," Serithia says " It was Hengist of Woodcroft who founded Hogsmeade, no?"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:16 am
Correct! 2 points to Slytherin!

(2 points)
What would you call the young of a hippocampus?

miss_fawcett

Hana Mylova

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:51 am
It's name quite funny "Tadfoal".  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:25 am
Correct! 2 points to Slytherin!

(2 points)
What is Bill Weasley's birthdate?

sidenote: Do not give me a year for any answer anymore, unless the year is stated specifically either in the books, or by JKR herself. I do not consider the years on the Lexicon canon, b/c that is the extrapolation of the Lexicon team.

miss_fawcett

Michel de Nostradamus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:36 am
I know this question answer. But if i answer it, i think many student will scold me, cause stealing their house point. Or scold me at their mind for stealing their point. I do not want to make enemy in this guild, or make someone hate me. For how this club role, i think i know quite a lot, cause i read from first until last page (not all page but only important page). But i have 2 questions how to decide how many points should i give from my question and can i ask question from harry potter movie ?

Ps : Oh yeah pls calling me "mike" not michel.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:56 am
Don't worry about "stealing" points. There are plenty of other ways for people to earn points around here. Anyone who complains about a measly two points, really needs to get their priorities in order.

I would still like for you to play a while before we give you any authority. There is a difference between knowing it all and just thinking you know it all. Of course Icee has the final say in all of this, that's just my personal opinion.
As far as point granting goes, we will tell about all of that once it has been decided as to whether or not you are going to be an instructor.

and you can ask questions from the movies. However, I personally don't like them. I think I have seen any of the movies once, maybe twice. I was reading the books well before the movies came out, and think that they have done a rather poor job. The movies are not canon material, and I don't like to ask anything that isn't canon.

miss_fawcett

Michel de Nostradamus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:04 am
How about this i pm you the answer for every question you ask starting from today ?

I really do not want to make someone hate me for every single things that i done. There is only 1 person i think does not mind if i answer question here, that is my real life friend jamie, cause he like to encourage me to answer question here before i apply for instructor, but for other people i do not know.

Sorry but it is really against my nature to make other people hate me.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:13 am
If you want to pm me answers that's fine. That would probably help me be more comfortable in your knowledge of HP anyway.

People won't hate you over something like this though. If they do then they have their own problems to deal with, b/c getting angry over not being able to get points in a virtual setting is pretty pathetic.

miss_fawcett

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:35 pm
Mike:

All guild members are welcome to answer Dueling Club questions, not just students. Several house elves have "stolen" away points in the past. It happens. Dueling Club is a competition; if somebody is not quick enough to answer the question before someone else does, tough luck.

So, if you wanna answer the question, feel free.

I will
TAKE AWAY HOUSE POINTS from students who make trouble just because a non-student participates in Dueling Club.

I do not tolerate bad behavior like that in this guild. Ever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:48 pm

WAIT A MINUTE!

Dueling Club was created as a fun way to
see how much you know and others know
about the series. It's a cool way to add points and have
some fun. I'm reminding everyone before they answer
another question to read the first few posts in this thread again.
Everyone can answer questions, and it's supposed to be for fun.
Don't be too competitive. Try to make this a fun experience, as well
as rewarding.
If you're not going to answer the question, and you're not a mod
doing something for moderation purposes, please do not Spam this
thread.

Lately there has been suspicion amongst the mods and the referee
of some unfair precedings. It's only a suspicion, and if it's unfounded,
I apologize on behalf of all of us. But if it's true, it's a shame. Please do
not ruin a good thing. This is a message to all, not one single person, because
I'm talking about the thread in general. It's okay to not know things. It may
seem that this is the only way to earn points, but it's not. We'll be announcing other ways to earn points and such in the future, just be patient. Now please join/run the Dueling Club the way it was meant to be
played.
I'd hate to have to close this club down for excessive abuse of this club.

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:49 pm
miss_fawcett
IceeWitch
Miss Love Tantei
Tsk tsk to those who cheat. That last question in the Dueling Club...whoo I got such a brain fart *giggles insanely* i love that phrase "brain fart". Her questions this term are so difficult and so many people knowing the answer so quickly is quite suspicious.

@Michel: I didn't mean that you had to make questions for me to answer xd It was just a phrase. lol

It's not that the cheating is a problem it's the fact that if you're looking in the books or whatever BE HONEST. When I look into the DC I have no idea what in the world they're talking about. I expect people to know questions like "How old was Ariana when ... happened", but questions like half the ones in the DC right now, I'm shocked and slightly dubious to the fact that people have them in their minds.
It's fine to use books, but if you know you have to use books give other people a chance. I think that's another reason why fawcett is making the questions harder.
I think I'll reiterate this.

You are quite right. That's why questions are getting more difficult. I highly doubt this many people have memorized every last word in all the books and from websites (like the lexicon) that compile information from sources like frog cards and daily prophets, both of which I have been asking questions from.
To be honest I sometimes don't know what I am asking (like with the Daily Prophet stuff) and I am stunned that people are getting it. I have one chocolate frog card, other than that I haven't read any others, and it's doubtful anyone else has read a whole lot either, yet people slaughter my chocolate frog questions. It's getting a bit bothersome.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:51 pm

I'll just add this:
IF you're one of those people who aren't being totally
honest, it's unfair to those who are being honest.
That's not being very kind to your fellow guild members.
Question:
(2 points)
What is Bill Weasley's birthdate?

sidenote: Do not give me a year for any answer anymore, unless the year is stated specifically either in the books, or by JKR herself. I do not consider the years on the Lexicon canon, b/c that is the extrapolation of the Lexicon team.

IceeWitch

the_cereal_queen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:47 pm
November 29.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:24 am
Correct! 2 points to Hufflepuff!

(5 points)
What is Harry's very appropriate Western Zodiac sign?

(a slightly new thing. due to our suspicions I will occasionally be asking questions that will involve a slight bit of outside information. Nothing major, just not anything someone could easily look up and spit back out. They will be worth more points, b/c it will require a bit more thought)

miss_fawcett

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games