Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 655 656 657 658 659 660 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:53 am
That's what you get when you set the clock a minute to midnight and can't move into M42 because that would screw with the name of your game. talk2hand

But prolly for the best, because besides Eldrad being dead, Cadia had almost completely fallen into the talons of Chaos. Oh herro Guard codex with Cadian plastics! emotion_facepalm

GW has written itself into a corner and they know they cant mess around with the fluff like they used to, far too risky and stoopid. Remember Medusa? emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:12 am
Vikki Stardust
That's what you get when you set the clock a minute to midnight and can't move into M42 because that would screw with the name of your game. talk2hand

But prolly for the best, because besides Eldrad being dead, Cadia had almost completely fallen into the talons of Chaos. Oh herro Guard codex with Cadian plastics! emotion_facepalm

GW has written itself into a corner and they know they cant mess around with the fluff like they used to, far too risky and stoopid. Remember Medusa? emotion_facepalm
Yeah, I remember being pissed when they said Eldrad was dead, but at least it was story-moving action happening. If the game keeps treading water in place for too many more years, I might start losing interest. sweatdrop  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:31 am
DarkElf27
If the game keeps treading water in place for too many more years, I might start losing interest. sweatdrop
If you want a game with a setting that keeps evolving and has continuity go with Mechwarrior, Iron Kingdoms orrrrrrrr erm, dunno.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:01 pm
Yay! Battletech.  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:58 am
Sean King
Yay! Battletech.

REACTORS ONLINE
SENSORS ONLINE
WEAPONS ONLINE

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:13 pm
User Image  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:14 pm
So, got a lap seat for my kid installed on my bicycle the other day. Works great, and frees us up to actually take our bicycles out onto some of these byways and backroads that litter the countryside around where we live. We did 6 miles yesterday and 6 miles today, and there's tons of places to go. I might even peg a route to my GW, though it's about a 14 mile ride. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:46 am
Anyone see the new tank forge World released yesterday? They call it a Legion Glaive. I already really, really want a Fellblade, now I have to have one of these too.  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:31 pm
Sean King
Anyone see the new tank forge World released yesterday? They call it a Legion Glaive. I already really, really want a Fellblade, now I have to have one of these too.
Nice, they're really all in for these Horus Heresy-era minis, aren't they?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:14 am
Alright, it's Sunday. Time to buckle down and finish my command squads!  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:48 am
DarkElf27
Pics or it didnt happen!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:02 am
Today we've had a great Rogue Trader session.

In short, we were on a forge world that still used a ******** of Legio Cybernetica formations and we also came across an Ork Waaagh! about to hit critical mass a system back. We decided to lure the Orks to this world and have them fight to the death, something the forge world was okay with, as it was for the greater good of the Imperium, plus we'd be able to get rid of most if not all of the robots at the same time. Win-win. We just needed to lure the ork fleet to the world first.

We decided to slip into the ork fleet through a combination of dropping into the system at the edge, then using silent running slipping past picket lines of frigates and roks until we were within a few VU's of the enemy flagship, a former mass conveyor suitably tuned up by its new green owners. We then proceeded to hail the enemy captain, mock and taunt him with a load of insults along with the coordinates of said planet, while the expeditionary officer (Arch-militant) gave his ship a few salvos of macro fire. We then gave it full thrust and ran the gauntlet out of the ork fleet.

It should be noted, our medical frigate has a special rule that marks it out as a target of interest to the Orks, who had a go at the ship before and due to this fight left the ship with an interesting scarring across the hull. Due to these scars the orks see this vessel as something of a worthy opponent and as such, will forego all shooting in favour of trying to board her.

So as we made out escape we had to deal with an entire ork fleet trying to board us. Our tactical officer (Adept) kept overloading the engines, suitably boosting the engines that we made such a good time on our escape that we got out in no time at all. At the same time our expeditionary officer kept taking potshots at any ship coming within range, damaging a fair few frigates and other pickets on the way out.

Blocking our way at the jump point were two ork class cruisers. We decided to take them both on with the combined might of our macro cannons along with torpedoes, which I gave permission for. Both were shot up two-thirds of the way as we passed them, then before we jumped into the warp we turned, gave them both a one-over and well.. One slowly came apart, the other got hit hard by our torpedoes and went down super-hard, so hard that his warp drive went into overload just as we were about to jump the system. We were sucked into the warp anomaly and got stuck in a warp storm.

s**t hit the fan as just about every alarm possible went off, the geller fields were close to collapsing, the ship went in all directions all the time, warp ghosts were everywhere around the ship, our navigator couldn't get us out, we had a savage ork in the bilges that took three days to hunt down, unsecured munitions on one of the gunnery decks crushing gunnery crews, our choir went haywire, resulting in one of them receiving the Emperor's mercy and I ended up face to face with an Ebon Geist (a warp predator) that I tried shooting first with my bolt pistols, I hit it, it retaliated by charging me, slashing me, hitting me harrrrrrrrrd (12 points of damage, I only had 11 wounds, 1 fatigue point and really close to death), he restored the lost wounds and well, stood there in front of me. The expeditionary officer tried to hurt it, two armsmen charged in with boarding axes but missed and it was my turn again. I pulled my power sword and hit it with a crushing blow, righteous fury'd him and hit him hard enough that he went down hard enough and burst into flames (Energy weapon crit).

Just as we managed to get things under control the ship slammed back into real space, three years from our current destination, badly damaged, but still void capable.

It's been ages since I've come away from a session so stoked by the s**t we did. biggrin  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:10 am
One of these days I might finish "ONE" of my figures.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:33 am
Lt. Brookman
Today we've had a great Rogue Trader session.

In short, we were on a forge world that still used a ******** of Legio Cybernetica formations and we also came across an Ork Waaagh! about to hit critical mass a system back. We decided to lure the Orks to this world and have them fight to the death, something the forge world was okay with, as it was for the greater good of the Imperium, plus we'd be able to get rid of most if not all of the robots at the same time. Win-win. We just needed to lure the ork fleet to the world first.

We decided to slip into the ork fleet through a combination of dropping into the system at the edge, then using silent running slipping past picket lines of frigates and roks until we were within a few VU's of the enemy flagship, a former mass conveyor suitably tuned up by its new green owners. We then proceeded to hail the enemy captain, mock and taunt him with a load of insults along with the coordinates of said planet, while the expeditionary officer (Arch-militant) gave his ship a few salvos of macro fire. We then gave it full thrust and ran the gauntlet out of the ork fleet.

It should be noted, our medical frigate has a special rule that marks it out as a target of interest to the Orks, who had a go at the ship before and due to this fight left the ship with an interesting scarring across the hull. Due to these scars the orks see this vessel as something of a worthy opponent and as such, will forego all shooting in favour of trying to board her.

So as we made out escape we had to deal with an entire ork fleet trying to board us. Our tactical officer (Adept) kept overloading the engines, suitably boosting the engines that we made such a good time on our escape that we got out in no time at all. At the same time our expeditionary officer kept taking potshots at any ship coming within range, damaging a fair few frigates and other pickets on the way out.

Blocking our way at the jump point were two ork class cruisers. We decided to take them both on with the combined might of our macro cannons along with torpedoes, which I gave permission for. Both were shot up two-thirds of the way as we passed them, then before we jumped into the warp we turned, gave them both a one-over and well.. One slowly came apart, the other got hit hard by our torpedoes and went down super-hard, so hard that his warp drive went into overload just as we were about to jump the system. We were sucked into the warp anomaly and got stuck in a warp storm.

s**t hit the fan as just about every alarm possible went off, the geller fields were close to collapsing, the ship went in all directions all the time, warp ghosts were everywhere around the ship, our navigator couldn't get us out, we had a savage ork in the bilges that took three days to hunt down, unsecured munitions on one of the gunnery decks crushing gunnery crews, our choir went haywire, resulting in one of them receiving the Emperor's mercy and I ended up face to face with an Ebon Geist (a warp predator) that I tried shooting first with my bolt pistols, I hit it, it retaliated by charging me, slashing me, hitting me harrrrrrrrrd (12 points of damage, I only had 11 wounds, 1 fatigue point and really close to death), he restored the lost wounds and well, stood there in front of me. The expeditionary officer tried to hurt it, two armsmen charged in with boarding axes but missed and it was my turn again. I pulled my power sword and hit it with a crushing blow, righteous fury'd him and hit him hard enough that he went down hard enough and burst into flames (Energy weapon crit).

Just as we managed to get things under control the ship slammed back into real space, three years from our current destination, badly damaged, but still void capable.

It's been ages since I've come away from a session so stoked by the s**t we did. biggrin
That does sound like too much fun! xp  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:15 am
Vikki Stardust
DarkElf27
Pics or it didnt happen!!
Pics, you say?

User Image  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 655 656 657 658 659 660 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games