Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Chat Thread: Chopsticks and teacups Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 648 649 650 651 652 653 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:32 pm

My mom is awesome. She's setting up a makeup consultation tomorrow so I'll look all pretty at prom 4laugh
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:33 pm

It's from Whinnie the Pooh. They make mention of it in The Tao of Pooh! I'm just finishing reading it. Somehow Taoism has never made so much sense as when it's explained through the actions of a Pooh Bear. The author is Benjamin Hoff. It's a great read.

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Cottleston Pie

Cottleston Cottleston Cottleston Pie,
A fly can't bird, but a bird can fly.
Ask me a riddle and I reply
Cottleston Cottleston Cottleston Pie.

Why does a chicken? I don't know why.

A fish can't whistle and neither can I.

My dad read me the Tao of Pooh when I was little, and I always liked the poem.
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:36 pm

I just made a batch of apple cinnamon muffins since my parents are coming tomorrow. <3 They're a bit dry--the oven was too hot for about the first five minutes, 'cause my oven thermometer's a bit hard to read and I'm still figuring out exactly how much hotter each teeny fraction of a turn makes it--but they're tasty. I may take a few to my neighbor, since there's no way my parents and I can eat all eleven (I already taste-tested one). ^_^

Calixti

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:55 pm

Gho the Girl
My mom is awesome. She's setting up a makeup consultation tomorrow so I'll look all pretty at prom 4laugh
Sweetie, you always look pretty.
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:42 pm

The guy I'm dealing with in the witchcraft thread just claimed that he's been doing Reiki since he was 4 years old.

x_O

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:46 pm

ACK! The Sushiboat is shut down for keeps!
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:47 pm

Recursive Paradox

The guy I'm dealing with in the witchcraft thread just claimed that he's been doing Reiki since he was 4 years old.

x_O

Impressive.
Then again, I could claim to have participated in feng shui at the age of two, when I ate the first geomantically incorrectly placed plant in my house.
I tend to consider that an accident, or act of intuition, rather than any real performance of geomancy.
Can one engage in inadvertent Reiki?

Fiddlers Green

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:58 pm

TeaDidikai

crying
Did they say why?
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:11 pm

Fiddler>> Reiki is passed from Master to Student through an attunement process. The practice is then triggered by a combination of the attunement and an exertion.

Basically, your finger rests on the "switch" until your brain tells your finger to flick the switch that will start the flow.

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:17 pm

Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai

crying
Did they say why?
Apparently they owe back rent of about 14k.

Hard times and all.
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:31 pm

Tea, who was the first Reiki master and who taught them?

Ouch, well, times are hard.
With the price of meat what it is when you get it if you get it... ninja

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:48 pm

Fiddlers Green
Tea, who was the first Reiki master and who taught them?
Usui was attuned by Reiki itself. Direct Revealed Gnosis and attunement.

Since the term addresses the tradition (including the style of attunement created by Usui in his quest for Reiki) and the energy itself, any person who wasn't attuned in the way Usui prescribed isn't practicing Reiki any more than anyone who doesn't hold Sacramental Union with the Holy See isn't a Roman Catholic.

Other kind of healer or different brand of Christian? Sure. But Roman Catholic Reiki Practitioner? Naw.

Quote:
Ouch, well, times are hard.
With the price of meat what it is when you get it if you get it... ninja
Yeah... they had my chop sticks! gonk
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:51 pm

TeaDidikai
Usui was attuned by Reiki itself. Direct Revealed Gnosis and attunement.

Since the term addresses the tradition (including the style of attunement created by Usui in his quest for Reiki) and the energy itself, any person who wasn't attuned in the way Usui prescribed isn't practicing Reiki any more than anyone who doesn't hold Sacramental Union with the Holy See isn't a Roman Catholic.

Other kind of healer or different brand of Christian? Sure. But Roman Catholic Reiki Practitioner? Naw.

So, unless the Reiki reached out and touched the kid in exactly the same way, incredibly unlikely, it's not the same thing, gotcha.

Quote:
Yeah... they had my chop sticks! gonk

Ouch.

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:03 pm

Fiddlers Green

So, unless the Reiki reached out and touched the kid in exactly the same way, incredibly unlikely, it's not the same thing, gotcha.
Not even then- because the attunement from Reiki to Usui was issued directly, but the tradition was founded upon Usui's learnings.

The four year old would have had to be attuned, learned Hebrew, Japanese, English, and Hindi, traveled the world, fasted for over a month, read shitloads of information, then gone to Hawaii and practiced attuning others only to create a method that included the information gleaned from his travels in the same way Usui did.

Quote:

Ouch.
I can get some more from Carolee.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 648 649 650 651 652 653 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games