Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mixlemaxle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:21 pm
I'm Kathy. Or Katherine. I'm not that old. BUt I want to get really good at art so I have something to major in college, or I can jsut write. Or music. I don't know.
I'm really into the Arts, as you can already tell. I want to go to Otis, but it's expensive.
Right now I'm no tthat good at manga, but I want to be asw good as all you peeps out there. And I want to get good at realism and cartooning, too.
My deviant:
<3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:31 pm
Screw my confidence issues I dont have the patience or the time to deal with that anymore.
I am Moondoggy I am an artist (yeah right) who has recently discovered he is nowhere near as good as he thought or was told.
I have long wanted a career in art and I am now going to stop screwing around and fight for it, I plan to spend endless hours drawing painting sketching, hell when my fingers start to bleed I am going to break out the paintbrushess and do some blood art.
Anyway that is why I am here, I need help, advice pointers and generally people to help keep me going, this guild seemed like the right place.  

Moondoggy09

Tavis Harts

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:03 pm
Hello, My name is Tavis harts and I just recently joined this guild.

My persona is that of a male satyr by the name of Tavis, my real name however is Heather Dennis and I'm a 26 year old female (this difference causes a lot of hilarious misunderstandings)

I'm a simi-pro artist who has been published several times while I worked as a newspaper illustrator and an illustrator for my local theater troop.
I've also had my art put into a museum before I graduated high school (it was a children's museum, I got in because in a county wide art contest down in bexas county in texas and got honorable mention )

I've recently graduated college, oddly enough I didn't directly take art. I went to A&M to do computer graphics, sadly when I discovered that was a grad program and the school fell on some hard times and a lot of programs shut down. I ended up joining theater to specialize in costume design/character design, set design and other generalize design to be used in advertisement as well as a minor in arts and architecture.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you, improving my art as well as helping others. ~.^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:33 pm

Welcome to the guild everyone!!

Hope to see lots of activity from everyone! Don't forget to check out the Mentee Forum to set up a thread and/or to give others your input and please make any suggestions for things you'd like to see in the suggestions thread : )....

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

jenna_flare

7,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:55 pm
Hello! I'm Jenna. Nice to meet ya. Here, here, and here are drawings that I did very recently. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:10 am
Hello my name is Gloria but you may call me gigi I am 21 years old and I been drawing since I was 7 not till recently I used to be very bad at drawing but recently I found my way with chibi style art and I do have a good success in it.  

Lilitherin

Beloved Cutie-Pie

ACDC1551

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:11 pm
My name is Alex im an 8th grader -_-
Im young but i am a very good artist
i usually just draw in pencil and thats about ALL i do (i dont mind painting)
and im also a songwriter and saxaphone player
if i color something i useually screw it up because i dont have all the right equpiment stressed
I LOVE drawing with soft led pencils but as many of you know, if you dont have the right eraser it is a pain in the butt to erase
i do alot of drawing in school (though i seldom get caught xp )
ive done some of my best work in georgia studies class xD
and here is some of my work see it (only two drawings :/)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:39 pm
Hi I'm Trix.
Well not really but it's what everyone can call me.
I'm a senior in high school and have been drawing for..as long as I can remember.
I'm applying to art schools this year and I just finally wanted to join an art guild.
I don't have any recent work since I've just returned to school and have yet to draw for myself..but here is my DA anyway for all to see. Click me

I have a lot to improve on I know, but that's why I'm here. Haha.
Anyway, nice to meet everyone.

ll Nevaeh

Eloquent Prophet

[ Hot Chocolate. ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:48 am
Hi I'm choco and I would like to think I'm an artist, however I believe im on the really, really low end of that scale, hardly worthy of the title. I have much to improve on and hope that in joining this guild I can begin getting better and better. My preffered style is anime/manga ( yeah, realism isn't my forte xD ), and am currently at at fork in my artistic pathway if I want to focus on traditional or digital mediums.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:36 pm
welcome everyone i hope you enjoy your stay here. and remember lets help each other out  

Folken_Schezar
Crew

chaosmusician

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:23 pm
im NeverAskWhy an aspiring graphic novelist
i have troubles with the consistancy of my work
ever panel looks like ive drawn different characters entirely *sigh*  
darkness_of_lies generated a random number between 10 and 20 ... 16!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:31 pm
hi im cherryblossom and...well...i stink at drawing and would like to become better....YAYS FOR GUILD!!  

darkness_of_lies

jm203

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:40 pm
hey guys this is jm im in the 9th grade
i've been here for a few days i usually draw in pencil
not to good in coloring and i just started to paint a bit =]
my friends say im good at drawing but i still dont have the confidence
to go for fine arts or something like that so i hope i leran a lot while im here  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:39 am
Hello, You all can call me either Fergi or Lotus, the latter because of my Deviantart username TheLotusPwns. I'm a senior in high school who likes experimenting with different mediums. Currently I'm working with watercolor and prismacolor color pencils, though I've worked with coloring in Photoshop before. I don't really know what I want to do later in life, but I need to figure it out soon because my mom, my art teacher, and even my guidance counselor thinks I should apply to college really soon OAO;;; I would love to help anyone who wants my help, and I am willing to learn from anyone willing to teach me heart  

~FergiGirl~

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:52 pm
Welcome to all the newcomers.

I just wanted to let you all know that while we're been a little slow (the first month of the school year tends to be rough) we are still here and we're still critiquing.

I personally have had very little time to so much as log on gaia, but I am still coming on daily for maintenance.. Hopefully, in the coming weekend I will have time to help with critiques around the mentee forum.

So everyone that does have some free time, don't be shy about helping each other out.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games