Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green Granny Smith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:55 pm
Greetings.

I do not like my name, so just call me Green or something-I find my name to be too used and too common so..yeah. Ah well.

Anyways, I'm new to the hobby but I have a 2k point Lizardmen army and am going to start an army of The Empire for fantasy. I want to start 40k soon when I'm more familiar with the games, yes I know the rules for 40k and fantasy are slightly different but I want to get used to the setting. smile I want to start with Eldar.

I'm 17 years old, I love quotes both from novels and people, I read constantly, I hate math, and..Hm..I dunno what else to say, I love making friends so if you wanna talk go right on ahead. smile

Favourite quotes;
'Don't stay in bed, unless staying in bed gets you money'
-George Burns

'Don't change the colour to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change colour to match you'
-Kender Proverb

harhar.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:57 pm
Hi im Hiranour thinking of collecting either an imperial guard or Ork army.  

Hiranour

justin827

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:11 am
Hi I'm Justin!

I've been playing for quite a while now. So far I have around 2500 points of space marines, i dunno how much guard and a very small amount of Tau. Oh and a fantasy army of the empire.

I'm not really in to the game anymore but maybe someday i'll go back to it razz But I really love the books! Especially the Gaunt's Ghosts novels. They are just too awesome  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:33 pm
Hey guys. Name's JD. Tau are my forte. I have probably collected around 2500 pts, but painting them is another story. I bought all of my stuff at the same time, so its goning to be a while before i get around to painting it all. I also have other table-top games.... yeah my painting back-log is emense.  

Failfurby

hellomotome

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:20 am
i play space marines i have a 1000ish army ive been playing for 2 years  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:46 am
hi im john and i like cookies lol

anyways im currently collecting eldar although i was doing nids i jusst found eldar to be more interesting  

Makaze Saiketsu

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

LadyRosa73

Wealthy Member

2,350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:12 am
Hi my name is Rosa and I am new here ...I saw the banner on someones profile and thought that it would be neat to join the guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:06 am
hi my name is francis but my friends just call me fran or armegeddin. I'm a noob to the game but but im pretty good from what my friends say. I'm a space marine type of guy . My friends say i'm great RTS player and creater.  

iBurningfury-kun

Dangerous Informer

5,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

DJ-Anarchy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:07 pm
Howdy all. A bit of a lapsed player, but an avid fan of the 40k universe nonetheless.

My name is DJ, I'm 22 years old, been playing Warhammer 40k since I was 14, and I am absolutely in love with the gritty over-the top fantasy action that is "...there is only war,"

Granted, i have been out of the table-top world since a little after the Eye of Terror Tournament (in which I participated), so the current rule system might be a smidge fuzzy to me. However, I read the novels, and try to immerse myself in as much flush as possible. Dan Abnett and William King are superb authors for that setting, and I greedily absorb their goodies as they arrive on shelves.

My personal favorite armies happen to be the Cadian Shock Troops, Catachan Jungle Fighters, Space Wolves, and the Blood Angels. Something about those uber warriors really attracts me.

I often engage in WH40k role-play, and would be happy to due so here. Also, as an amateur author (and English major) I write short stories about Warhammer often, and even offer my services as an editor to those that want it.

TL;DR version:

Name: DJ
Armies of choice: Cadian Shock Troops, Catachan Jungle Fighters, Space Wolves, and the Blood Angels
Armies of scorn: Tau. Seriously. ******** those weebo inspired Xenos.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:55 am
Hey all....I've actually been a member for a LONG time....but kinda forgot about Gaia. I'm back so I am re-introducing myself.

I played Scars back when but now I'm building a Templar army. Should be fun and a good bit different than the Scars.

Also a big fan of the DoW/II.

so yeah, Hello.....again!  

safersephy

Nekage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:54 pm
Hey all, Nekage here.

I'm a 40k player and last played during 3rd edition when the game was introduced to me in highschool. When I began, I undertook the Necron army, as their "We'll be back" ability really appealed to me. After 5 years of being out of commission, I've returned to the 40k universe once more...However, it was not a pleasant come back.

I played about 5 games, and in each and EVERY one, 5th edition rules destroyed my army and I've lost each time. But it wasnt this alone, it was the variety/abilities of other numerous races. I envied the fact they had weapon choices, and all this variety they could choose from. Necrons HAD some variety, but compared to other races, almost nothing. Plus, the necrons story wasnt nearly as intresting as from the stories I head of other player's army. So i made a choice about a week ago: I was to undertake a whole new army.

NOT to say I dont love my necrons, but, I needed a change/simpler painting (I made my necrons paint scheme TOO complicated. They looked awesome, but took too long). And after looking over all the armies (and of course REFUSING to play Space Marines...I got a GRUDGE against them) and looking at backstories that I felt were more my style, I found a new army...

THE ELDAR. My GOD! Variety, story, HQs, special abilities, weapon selections! I almost fainted at all the new things I could work with. It was like I was playing with a whole new game.

So here I am, Nekage: Ex-Nercon player for the time, Eldar undertaker...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:52 pm
Hey, I'm Gnu. Literally.

I'm an Avid 40k player, and have about 1000pts of marines, as well as 3000 points of Empire for Fantasy.

I'm working on Marine strategys so I can take on Forces twice my size.  

Shirtless Ben

Beloved Smoker

Tranguility

Hilarious Grabber

5,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:48 am
Hello. I am known as Dreadlord Blooay, so if you feel so inclined, you can be free to call me that.

I play skaven and beastmen. I however do not own a camera worth taking pictures with, so I can present at the current time, no pictures. I have played many battles with both forces, but my experience with skaven is much greater than the experience with beastmen. I hope this guild can bring many minds together, to do great things for the underempire!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:01 pm
I'm Wulver, I don't actually have an army since I live on the bottom end of the socio-economic spectrum and all my spare money goes towards adding little silver dots to my body xD
I have, however, been reading White Dwarf for nearly 12 years now, so I may not have any major knowledge or a massive collection on Black Library literature, but I do know what I like in W40k and what races I plan on building in the near future (There are only so many places you can get tattooed... But an army can expand into eternity xD)
I'm mostly a Fan of Kroot and Tau, Space Wolves, Tyranids, Skaven and a wee bit of fascination with Eldar (Both Dark and otherwise) but only cause I think it's funny to see Space Elves and Space Drow.

So yes, if anyone give me any pointers or where to buy some decent starter packs (Preferably in Texas. I'm an Aussie right now, but I'll be living in Texas within the year), then gimme a shout ^_^

RIDE THE PIG!!!  

Wulver Morphe

Maraxas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:32 am
Hi guys, I'm Maraxas. But you could call me Teague as well. I'm 19 years old and Canadian. 40k is one of the few outlets of expression I have in my life. It battles very epically against music in terms for funding though XD. I'm also a student so once again more money goes out of my pocket. Same goes for my medical training (First Aid => First Responders => EMR => PCP => ACP => CCP route). I'm also fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese, French and English. Nearly Fluent in German and taking Spanish, so don't feel afraid to talk to me in another language if it makes you more comfortable. Here's me:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/journal.php?mode=view&post_id=28967467&u=4543212

Now on to the important stuff. I'm a modeller. Converter really. I work extensively with dremels and power tools. It's really a forte. Occaisionally I will paint. Not very well in my liking but about average really. My brother, generally will do the painting for me, considering his work is far superior then mine. I enter painting and modelling competitions occaisionally, and do a lot of Commission Work. If you want some random examples of my work, check this link:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/journal.php?mode=view&post_id=28967311&u=4543212

On to in games. I've played nearly every army. Literally. If you want the full list:

IG (Armored Company), IG (Catachans), Tyranids (Old and new = Ranged, Close-Combat, Nidzilla, Infiltrate), Kroot Mercenaries, Blood Angels (Footslogger Reanimate [eg. Corbulo/Sanguinary Priest/Death Company] and Footslogger Assault), Daemonhunters: Pure Grey Knights (Tournament Level), Black Templar (Footslogger), Chaos Space Marines (Nurgle, Slaanesh, Undivided, and Khorne in both the 3rd and 4th Edition), Space Marines (Pedro Kantor lists, Vulkan He'stan lists, Librarian + GK Allies list). I've finally settled down on an army for a while. Space Wolves (I tried to start them near the 3rd Edition, but I was scammed and never got the models, which in turn, effected my policy on commissions). Working on a Lost Company based primarily on Water style combat (eg. Reactionary) even though the new codex pretty much suggests good Close Combat and Movement.

In terms of my gaming group we have Necron, Tau, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Chaos Daemons, Witchhunters: Mono-Sisters of Battle, a Hybrid Sicarius/Khan player, Red Scorpions player, and various other Chaos and Space Marine Players.

I'm also an avid fluff reader. So feel free to ask me anything about tactics, painting, fluff, modelling or anything in general.  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff