Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:18 am
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
If you're a Godhi and a traditionalist, why can't you even get simple terms cultural right?
Good question. wink

Anyone want to hear Deo's take on this? I know I do.

I missed it. ^.^

I am a gydhia. To two people. Neither of whom are Norse or Germanic. Well, i guess I could say to four, now, since I've married two couples. o.O But being gydhia to my agnostic mom is a little weird.

sabaku-okami
Why ignore all the galdrar? Not ingoring it, but it is written that Odin is the only god to learn magic from the Vanir. It is possible that Odin could of taught it to the humans but heir is no line that says that

Ur, actually, someone taught galdr to humans; Rig. You have read the Rigveda, right? The debate about whether it is Heimdalr or Odin is interesting; I fall on the Odin side, mostly impulsively.

My brain just stopped. You're talking about the Norse pantheon, correct?

So why the heck is the Rig Veda, one of the Hindu sacred texts, being mentionned? Unless it's a different one of course.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:22 am
True Colours of Destiny

So why the heck is the Rig Veda, one of the Hindu sacred texts, being mentionned? Unless it's a different one of course.

Ugh, sorry, my brain crossed. Rigthula, not Rigveda.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:27 am
Deoridhe
True Colours of Destiny

It's fine. Honestly, I only poked into this thread because it was glowing orange.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:28 am
True Colours of Destiny
Deoridhe
True Colours of Destiny

It's fine. Honestly, I only poked into this thread because it was glowing orange.

Heh, I'm glad you did. Gave me a chance to recheck the name of the bleeding song.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Sentinel of Ecclesia

8,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:21 am
hi i'm terra, i'm fairly new to paganism. i just started about three months ago, i can't do much because everything i do has to be in secret. (my family's a bunch of christian zealots) which means i don't have access to anything except stuff online. anyways, i hope i can learn more about stuff and get better at it with help from this guild! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:46 am
Zuli
merry meet all
my name is zuli, angel in real life, feel free to call me either.
i've been exploring paganism, mostly wicca, for about 10 years now and i am eager to learn more.

Merrily met. ^_~ Welcome to the guild.  

Aino Ailill

Zuli

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:36 pm
Aino Ailill
Zuli
merry meet all
my name is zuli, angel in real life, feel free to call me either.
i've been exploring paganism, mostly wicca, for about 10 years now and i am eager to learn more.

Merrily met. ^_~ Welcome to the guild.
thank you!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:29 pm
Hi. I'm Izzi. Short for Isabela. I've been a self-proclaimed wiccan for 3 years and I'm still naive because my resources are vastly limited. I hope to learn more soon.  

Shmizzi

1,850 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:12 am
Shmizzi
Hi. I'm Izzi. Short for Isabela. I've been a self-proclaimed wiccan for 3 years and I'm still naive because my resources are vastly limited. I hope to learn more soon.

No such thing as a self-proclaimed Wiccan. In order to be a Wiccan one must be initiated into a properly lineaged coven.

Here is the Pathways thread on Wicca. It should help you 3nodding .  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:54 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
Shmizzi

No such thing as a self-proclaimed Wiccan. In order to be a Wiccan one must be initiated into a properly lineaged coven.

Here is the Pathways thread on Wicca. It should help you 3nodding .

M&R's FAQ as well.  

TeaDidikai

superpsychogirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:35 pm
Merry meet everyone!
Well, my name is Kayleigh (or SPG, whichever is more convinent). I have been dabbling in different religions since I was about 11 (I'm 16 now) and have found that Paganism seemed to fit me best, with the focus on living for the best of people, rather than your ascent to heaven.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:37 pm
superpsychogirl
Merry meet everyone!
Well, my name is Kayleigh (or SPG, whichever is more convinent). I have been dabbling in different religions since I was about 11 (I'm 16 now) and have found that Paganism seemed to fit me best, with the focus on living for the best of people, rather than your ascent to heaven.

Welcome to the guild!  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:14 pm
superpsychogirl
Merry meet everyone!
Just as a heads up, since paganism isn't an actual religion, it can't really be said to have a focus at all, let alone the fact there are many pagan religions that don't care about living for the best of people, and do have a focus on an afterlife mythos.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:10 pm
Hey people, I was just accepted into the guild. Just wanted to make a quick post to introduce myself before I got to bed.

I'm a 22 year old Christian Witch just barely coming into Womanhood. I have a keen interest in symbolism, languages, numerology, astrology, and herbalism, but I don't know much about any of those things. I would totally love some mentors, even though I'm not home enough to spend much time on Gaia.

I come here with much humility and respect to everyone.

Peace! And hope to be talking to yall soon (I'm from Texas, can you tell?)!  

Libidinal Catharsis

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:28 pm
Libidinal Catharsis
Hey people, I was just accepted into the guild. Just wanted to make a quick post to introduce myself before I got to bed.

I'm a 22 year old Christian Witch just barely coming into Womanhood. I have a keen interest in symbolism, languages, numerology, astrology, and herbalism, but I don't know much about any of those things. I would totally love some mentors, even though I'm not home enough to spend much time on Gaia.

I come here with much humility and respect to everyone.

Peace! And hope to be talking to yall soon (I'm from Texas, can you tell?)!

Welcome!!!  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games