Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:44 pm
Kyra Tawney

++ Just accepted your request, so I know you haven't had time to make a post
in here yet. But figured I'd leave one for the night since I think everyone else has
went to bed. Welcome to the guild! Happy that you think a lot of our points are
legit (because they are). Enjoy your time here, and we hope to hear from you. ++

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:58 pm
hello there!
I am Sailor Pink but you can call me Pink or something.
This is a mule of Suirou but I use this account more frequently.
Glad to be in this guild! :]  

RS Sailor Pink

Friendly Sailor

RS Sailor Pink

Friendly Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:00 pm
im-all-at-sea
KaiOfThePie
im-all-at-sea

Actually, when you hung around the Towns mostly 1,000 made you pretty badass. I can remember someone talking about they had like 2,000 and people were hitting them up from gold.
Middle class huh? That is pretty messed up! Ugh, I really miss the old Gaia...

I dunno... wasn't here in '03. I remember in '05 that a letter sold for about 20,000. Wasn't that before we had towns? I never really get into that part of Gaia.

I remember back in '04 - letters were selling at 6.5k. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:39 pm
Quadropopilous
Kyra Tawney

++ Just accepted your request, so I know you haven't had time to make a post
in here yet. But figured I'd leave one for the night since I think everyone else has
went to bed. Welcome to the guild! Happy that you think a lot of our points are
legit (because they are). Enjoy your time here, and we hope to hear from you. ++

I will for sure when I have the time. (life kinda explodes at odd moments lately) But I actually found this from a banner in someones sig after they commented in a rant I just posted about earning gc cuz I'm starting to get more than beyond frustrated with how this site is run.  

Kyra Tawney

Star-Crossed Lover

30,125 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Battle: Defender 100

Raspberry Martini

Lonely Giver

8,375 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:16 am
Raspberry Martini, here.
Just recently came back to the site after a 6 month long hiatus. I can't believe what's happened to my home of 9 years.
Just looking for ways to change it back, and this guild seems like the way to do it. <3  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:46 am
RS Sailor Pink
im-all-at-sea
KaiOfThePie
im-all-at-sea

Actually, when you hung around the Towns mostly 1,000 made you pretty badass. I can remember someone talking about they had like 2,000 and people were hitting them up from gold.
Middle class huh? That is pretty messed up! Ugh, I really miss the old Gaia...

I dunno... wasn't here in '03. I remember in '05 that a letter sold for about 20,000. Wasn't that before we had towns? I never really get into that part of Gaia.

I remember back in '04 - letters were selling at 6.5k. xD

Here's the sad bit; my calculator tells me that 6,500*50,000%=3,250,000. As the new letters are going for at at least this... do we have 50,000% inflation since 2004? That seems beyond ridiculous. I know it's up 1,500% the last six months but 50,000???  

im-all-at-sea

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:58 am
Raspberry Martini
Raspberry Martini, here.
Just recently came back to the site after a 6 month long hiatus. I can't believe what's happened to my home of 9 years.
Just looking for ways to change it back, and this guild seems like the way to do it. <3

++ Glad you think so, Martini. We're all on the same boat, even if not all of us
our old-time veterans. Same same. I was on about a year Haitus, came back and
couldn't believe my eyes. And I had genuinely -enjoyed- the cash shop when it
had first started out, and we were getting EI's and chance items. Now the direction
it has gone is totally unacceptable and unbelievable. With enough of us though
around and fighting, I know we can make a difference. ++

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:44 pm
Hi my name online is Serena I don't wanna say my real name. I am here because I want to be able to enjoy the site like my sister did at my age. I like to dress my avi but nothing I like I can afford. The only way I get stuff is if my sister lends me her stuff I want to be able to enjoy the site with out having to rely on her.
I don't want to pay to have fun.  

The Tipsy Panda

benb zz

Timid Noob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:26 pm
hi please call me Ben (not oben ;n wink
im 17 :3
i started playing gaia since 2007 i think
it was because i saw my sis playing and fishing and all the fancy stuffs here
but my sis quitted long ago and i stay cause i just love zomg and cant stop playing
miss the old gaia with like nearly 100000 gaians online at the same time not just a few thousands and the announcements were more than just La Victoire update
and the market's prices never had so many 0s ;n;  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:49 pm
xOBen lovescatsOx
hi please call me Ben (not oben ;n wink
im 17 :3
i started playing gaia since 2007 i think
it was because i saw my sis playing and fishing and all the fancy stuffs here
but my sis quitted long ago and i stay cause i just love zomg and cant stop playing
miss the old gaia with like nearly 100000 gaians online at the same time not just a few thousands and the announcements were more than just La Victoire update
and the market's prices never had so many 0s ;n;

Blooming Serena
Hi my name online is Serena I don't wanna say my real name. I am here because I want to be able to enjoy the site like my sister did at my age. I like to dress my avi but nothing I like I can afford. The only way I get stuff is if my sister lends me her stuff I want to be able to enjoy the site with out having to rely on her.
I don't want to pay to have fun.

Welcome to the Guild, its nice to meet you razz

Feel free to roam around, we always enjoy new faces and input.

Check out our Member Handbook just so you know everything is like cool n stuff ninja
There are signature banners in there and pretty much all the stuff you can find out about us. wink

If any of you would like an SOS sign to sport just send me a trade with SOS in the title.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

MewMewSun

Tipsy Fatcat

10,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:52 pm
Hello, I'm Mew. I joined Gaia in '07 because I noticed towns have pools and frogs (so cute!). Such a silly willy thing to join for but that's what brought me here. xd
I watched my sis play and chat on this site for awhile and decided to join myself. It was more than what I bargained for. I met new people, artists, games, and made a comfy home for myself in towns. I even met my Best Friend in the whole wide world on here. We've been friends now for 5 years and now we are considering marrying each other in a few years. 4laugh

I mostly played games on here and walked around in towns. Then, zOMG! was released and I could walk around and play at the same time! xp Twas, the best of both worlds! heart
Sadly, Gaia discontinued development of the game and began to focus more on items.

I joined this group because something has been feeling of about this site since my return from hiatus. I noticed the people have dwindled, the Marketplace is ridiculous, and many announcements about new items u have to buy with Real Life money!

When was the last time they updated Housing, Cars, Towns , Forums, Guilds, the Gold Shop items?? I'd be okay with Cash Shop releases if they balanced it out. Like update the Gold Shop after every 2 CS releases. Maybe, I would like the CS more if everything weren't so overpriced.

Gaia is my home. It's one of the first websites I joined and the one that has affected my life the most. To see it going down is truly sad. I wish to revive Gaia. To remind it that it's more than how much money you can make, but it's a place where people enjoy themselves and create wonderful memories with others.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:41 pm
Hello everyone ^^. I'm sure a lot of you guys have seen me around in the SF and/or other forums. I'm Zandy (though I'm fine with just being called by my username, Zandykins). I'm rather young at being 18 (19 in a few months), and have been around on Gaia since 2009, however, I've known about Gaia since 2004 when my sister joined. I used to always watch her play slots, fishing, etc...

Anyways, I am currently a B.Sc student working at getting an honours degree in mathematics currently in my 1.5th year of completion. I love cats, playing piano, cooking, poetry, Minecraft, and of course Gaia Online.

Anyways, as a person who frequently visits and posts in the Site Feedback, I tend to be very critical of Gaia just by my desire to have Gaia be the most ideal for a maximal number of users spread across all groups and the site itself. I criticize Gaia in the hopes that they consider changing the site for it's better future and the users. I try my best to look at everything objectively but not facetiously or ignorantly, and respond accordingly, so I hope nobody finds my opinions too radical or too aggressive xp . In the end, we're all wanting the best situation for Gaia and it's users emotion_bigheart 3nodding . Thanks again for the invitation!  

Zandy

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Plastical

Icy Saint

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:51 am
Hi everyone. I've been on Gaia since '05 but I left Gaia a while ago though. I rarely come on here, but when I do I chat with my friends that I met on Gaia.
I left cause I started work and was busy with college haha.

MewMewSun
I joined this group because something has been feeling of about this site since my return from hiatus. I noticed the people have dwindled, the Marketplace is ridiculous, and many announcements about new items u have to buy with Real Life money!
When was the last time they updated Housing, Cars, Towns , Forums, Guilds, the Gold Shop items?? I'd be okay with Cash Shop releases if they balanced it out. Like update the Gold Shop after every 2 CS releases. Maybe, I would like the CS more if everything weren't so overpriced.

and like what mewmewsaid, the marketplace is ridiculous, Gaia is greedy for money and also the chat forums aren't that interesting.
I guess I grew apart from the Gaia community.. and most of my friends left too.

When I was leaving I gave out about 6mil and bluebelle and most of my items cause I didn't need it anyways and most of the GC were from watching videos and completing offers.

I think it's odd that they got the animal avi's out now too. More pixelated clothes for people to spend money on. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:54 pm
Plastical
Hi everyone. I've been on Gaia since '05 but I left Gaia a while ago though. I rarely come on here, but when I do I chat with my friends that I met on Gaia.
I left cause I started work and was busy with college haha.

MewMewSun

and like what mewmewsaid, the marketplace is ridiculous, Gaia is greedy for money and also the chat forums aren't that interesting.
I guess I grew apart from the Gaia community.. and most of my friends left too.

When I was leaving I gave out about 6mil and bluebelle and most of my items cause I didn't need it anyways and most of the GC were from watching videos and completing offers.

I think it's odd that they got the animal avi's out now too. More pixelated clothes for people to spend money on. razz

Welcome to the guild! Nice to have ya emotion_brofist

What MewMew said is pretty much the consensus on how users feel about Gaia. If they could just find a way to balance what they are doing...
What the real major issue here is that Gaia is nearly inaccessible to non GC buyers at this point. Free users are hard pressed to find ways to catch up because the site features have been capped, neglected, abandoned or generally pointless. I just don't see how they expect to keep new members unless they fall into the trap of buying GC that Gaia has set for them.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

fuzzy . chaos

Cat

15,590 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:07 pm
Hello.
I've been a Gaian since 2004 on and off.
I'll play for a few years, take a break for a few years, come back and do it all again.
Gaia is a very special place to me, because I consider it part of my childhood, miraculously preserved over the years for me to always come back to.

I used to lurk a lot, but now I enjoy posting and have made quite a few friends in the CB.
I also frequently play the games. My favorite was Draw My Thing, but currently I'm quite a fan of zOMG and jigsaw puzzle.
I love that they seem to have a little something for everyone here.

Needless to say, because I value the site so much, I'm especially bothered by the recent changes.
When I returned and saw the cash shop, La Victoire, and discovered a new monetary system on Gaia utilizing real money, I was pretty taken aback.
In my day, Gaia was very modest about obtaining funding and only supported "donations" and "thank you letters."
Over time, I grew to accept this new shop, and even support it. After all, I've always wanted to help the site.

But lately, over the course of the past year or so, I've quickly approached my wit's end.
It's so obvious that Gaia has become obsessed with profit.
This can't go on, or they'll dig their own grave. They've already driven so many users away. Just browsing the forum, countless quit each day.
I don't want to see Gaia die. I've been here too long for that to happen.
I'm honored to be able to take part in the revolution and support the cause however I can.
I look forward to chatting with all of you about Gaia's changes, and how to save the site.

(Long wall of text is long.)  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games