Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:51 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Try-outs

"No problem Crash." David replied. It really wasn't a problem at all for him he had to get up as it was anyways. "Time to fly." David said happily. "Wish me luck." he said before kicking off the ground. 'I can do this...' he thought before watching looking for the snitch. Hopefully these tryouts would go better then he figured they would. What would the chances be of him not making it. Well he was up against Romy that was a challenge. There was only one way to find out and that was to try.

With: Quidditch Team...

Wearing: Quidditch Uniform

OOC: 19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)
AC: 17
Modifiers: +2 spotting, +2 catch, +2 dodge, +2 experience played, +3 advanced flying I & II
Special Skills: Sharp Eye, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Miss GryffindorK
Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:34 am
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Try Out Clothes]
Company: Gryffindor Team Hopefuls

➳ ➳ ➳

So the Vice Captain isn't a part of this...

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna nodded listening to Elli's words annoyed that she brought up the Remy event again: in Ronna's opinion it was unnecessary. A leader who brought up a past leader's mistakes to make himself or herself sound better wasn't much of a leader in Ronna's opinion. She decided to focus on the practice at hand: there was a very small chance she still could get the reserve like she wanted but she had a feeling the vice captain was playing beater.

She took a deep breath closed her eyes as she lifted the beater bat, heaver than the baseball bat she practiced with, and rose with her broom. At least she was happy with her broom. It was old. It was used. But, it liked her. It got her, or as much as a broom could. It moved as she wanted as she circled into position on the field readying for the bludgers. Elli, Xavier, Alex, Cam, and Toby was her targets. Simple enough, in theory.

Position:
AC: 10 +1 (years playing) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer)=15
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +1 (1 year quidditch team)
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [O] [O] [O]

kiska166

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:25 am
User Image
User Image

GryffindorThird YearSingleKeeperWearing

Minn blinked curiously as people piled on the pitch. There! Right there she was!! Remy!!! The green eyed girl smiled hugely, but didn't follow instinct and run toward the older girl. Instead, she looked at the new captain, wide-eyed.

Her job was Keeper. Good. She could do that! And apparently she had to face off with a kid named Alex? And one called Crash? That was a fun nickname! The tiny girl gave a small giggle, then darted on her broom to the goals. Hopefully this would be an amazing game!

Position: Team One Keeper
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2
Special Skills: Great Catch, Dang Healthy, Hold the Line
Lives: [Ⓛ➊] [Ⓛ➋] [Ⓛ➌] [Ⓛ➍]

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:35 am
User Image
User Image
Heart pounds, eyes blink, brain thinks
I need to Seek, but what?
The Snitch, no
There is but one goal.

I shall be victorious
But only for her
She is mine
And I shall win for her

Romy looked at Elli, completely impervious to his sister lurking a ways behind him. The two Bleiddiaid kids hadn't exactly been on the best terms all summer, and he figured they would talk it out later. He was, after all, still pretty annoyed by her previous actions. Then again, she seemed to have paid for her mistakes enough, having caused the boy to silently forgive her a few weeks ago.

Romy was lost in thought until he heard Elli pipe up. All he really cared to know was "Seekers battle it out," and that Beaters weren't allowed to aim for Seekers at all. So... Elli's rules were basically Remy's? That didn't seem too awful, as far as transition went.

As soon as the Snitch was released, Romy darted in the air, looking somewhat confident. All those torturous chin-ups hadn't been for nothing! Dark blue eyes were wide, ever searching for the glint of gold that was the Snitch. He would find it. He was determined.

Modifiers: +7 to Spot, +7 to Catch

Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Natural Flyer, Great Catch
Chasing Number: 0/3
Spotting Number: 0/2
Final Roll: 12
Roll Number: 5
Lives:
[♌] [♌] [♌]
{In My Notes:}

Her heart, her eyes, her mind
Everything I could ever need
Her soul glows gold
Her heart mine to catch

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 10 10-sided dice: 5, 4, 4, 6, 3, 10, 9, 5, 1, 7 Total: 54 (10-100)

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 am
User Image
User Image
I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion

Remy watched quietly, waving to the few people who greeted her. At least she still had some friends on the Pitch. Unfortunately, she had a feeling the Captain wasn't among them. Oh well. That just meant she'd have to do her best... right?

David and Leo both walked over to the girl, making her grin a bit. "Hello you two. I trust you're ready to play hard?" She grinned lightly, eyes giving a rather lackluster shine. She looked over to Elliryanna, who was starting the try-outs. The younger girl declared teams, putting Remy with a few she had played with before, and some she had not. She would be chasing alongside Leo and Cait, who were two people she felt were fantastic, despite having never seen one play. The instant Tevye was declared one of her team's Beaters, the girl adapted a silly sort of smile. She had played with both Ronna and Tevye, and she trusted them both with her very safety. She had to. It was her job. The brunette smirked when Minn was placed as the team Keeper, having practiced with the girl and her brother all summer. Yes, Elli had certainly made the teams fun.

The seventh year darted into the air when the Quaffle was thrown, ready for the game to begin.

TEAM ONE CHASER
AC: 18
Modifiers: +8
Total Roll: 54
00//03
Skills: Good Arm || Natural Flier || Swift Swipe
Lives: [✭] [✮] [✭]

You held me down, but I got up
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
Get ready ’cause I've had enough
I see it all, I see it now

IceGrayWolf rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 6, 3, 9, 2, 8, 3, 7, 4, 9 Total: 61 (10-100)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:58 am
User Image
Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ

User Image

I got a lot of things I have to do
                                                              All these distractions
                                                              Our futures coming soon
                                                              We're being pulled a hundred different directions
                                                              But whatever happens I know I've got you

Mood : Excited
                                                              Thinking : C’mere you quaffle
                                                              Doing : Quidditch Time
                                                              Where : Quidditch Pitch
                                                              With : Gryffindor Quidditch Team

XXXXXXX Xavier gave the other newcomers a polite wave and a nod, acknowledging their appearance. He knew most of them, but there are a few faces he didn’t know. He attentively listened to the new captain, Elli, and gave occasional glances towards the newcomers… then to the sky. And, he couldn’t help but notice, that there are a lot of beater applicants this year. And they would seriously battle it out big time for the last spot—since Jacob, who is now the vice captain, chose to become a beater this year. He sighed inwardly, until Elli finished explaining how the game would go. There are two available spots for Chaser. And let’s face it, the ones he’s battling it out with are amazing chasers. He wondered if this time, if he was lucky, he would still be in the starting lineup.

The brunette deliberately shook his head. I’m just gonna enjoy this, he thought as he hopped over his Firebolt II, when Elli tossed the quaffle high up. He bolted forward, then saw Remy inching closer to the red ball. He leaned forward to gain more speed, and held his arm out as he tried to battle the former captain for the quaffle. Even if she was the better chaser, Xavier does not intend to give up. “Hi Remy,“ he greeted, grinning. Even though this was a battle for the quidditch startups, she was still a dear friend. He grinned at the seventh year again, before trying to grab the quaffle.

Position: Team Two Chaser
                                                              Modifiers: +7 to stealing and shooting
                                                              Special Skills: Swift Swipe , Good Arm, Deft Dodger
                                                              Lives:[♥] [♥] [♥]
                                                              Score : + roll of keeper
                                                              Steal : + AC
                                                              /3
                                                              Final Roll =

You're in my mind your in my heart
                                                              It doesn't matter where we are
                                                              It'll be alright
                                                              Even if we're miles apart

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

All I wanna do is be with you, be with you
                                                              There's nothing we can do
                                                              Just wanna be with you; only you
                                                              No matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart
                                                              You know its true,
                                                              I just wanna be with you

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:46 am
They said all teenagers scare the living s h i t out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me

The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You're never gonna fit in much, kid
But if you're troubled and hurt

What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did

Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash
Third Year Gryffindor

”Good luck!” He called out to David, just after the short meeting was dispersed and each player mounted their brooms and rocketed into the air. He nodded and breathed a calming sigh to try and ease his thundering heart. He commanded his broom up, slid his leg over as he slumped down into it and shot out towards the opposite goal posts facing Minn, and the rest of the Gryffindors. Remy, on team one, lurched for the quaffle, but Xavier only just barely managed to snatch it in midair and cruise off towards Minn.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Team Two: Keeper
AC= 12
Mods= (+4 to block the quaffle) (+2 to flying)
Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:20 am
User Image
Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ

User Image

I got a lot of things I have to do
                                                              All these distractions
                                                              Our futures coming soon
                                                              We're being pulled a hundred different directions
                                                              But whatever happens I know I've got you

Mood : Trusting
                                                              Thinking : Quaffle! Don't. Get. Stolen.
                                                              Doing : Quidditch Time
                                                              Where : Quidditch Pitch
                                                              With : Gryffindor Quidditch Team

XXXXXXX Xavier instantly smiled, glancing on the quaffle currently tucked by his arm. He nodded at Remy, then flew away. His destination: the goal posts currently guarded by Minn. He nodded at Elli and Alex, his nod pointing ahead of him. He'll risk this pass. Once he saw Elli ahead of him, he chucked to quaffle her way. She would handle it better than him. “Elli! Heads up!“ He shouted as the quaffle flew to her direction. And he just prayed that it won't get stolen.

Position: Team Two Chaser
                                                              Modifiers: +7 to stealing and shooting
                                                              Special Skills: Swift Swipe , Good Arm, Deft Dodger
                                                              Lives:[♥] [♥] [♥]
                                                              Score : + roll of keeper
                                                              Steal : + AC
                                                              1/3
                                                              Final Roll =

You're in my mind your in my heart
                                                              It doesn't matter where we are
                                                              It'll be alright
                                                              Even if we're miles apart

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ: Sorry if I suddenly made a pass. I probably won't be able to reply the whole day tomorrow, so I don't want to be a bother. And when I go online tomorrow.. there'll probably be points and stuff. ;3; Mehh >.<

All I wanna do is be with you, be with you
                                                              There's nothing we can do
                                                              Just wanna be with you; only you
                                                              No matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart
                                                              You know its true,
                                                              I just wanna be with you

XxXDevil-Chan
kiska166

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:15 am
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Eleven year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: TBA{|}Mood: TBA

Theo watched what he was to do and in seconds he figured it out. He had to chase the small, agile golden ball. This was just great. A first year doesn't usually fly well, but he was bound and determined to break that chain. He went to take off and within seconds, he was chasing after the two others, carefully looking around for the objective. At first he didn't think it would be that hard to find, but, as time went on, he was wrong. This was going to be extremely hard.

He looked around, hoping to find it within seconds, but to no avail. He kept hovering in the air, hoping to get a chance to win this, but they were slim.

AC: 12
Modifiers: Special Skills: Sharp Eyes(+2 to Spotting), Natural Flyer, Great Catch(+2 to Catching)
Final Roll: 13
Roll Number: 15  
RedEagleEye007 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:16 am
(Sorry forgot to roll -_-)  

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:49 am
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Try Out Clothes]
Company: Gryffindor Team Hopefuls

➳ ➳ ➳

Okay so... Elli, Alex, Xavier, Crash, Cam, and Toby are my targets.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna took a deep breath and let the wind whip her braided pigtails enjoying being in the air agin briefly before she regained focus. She figured it wouldn't be a good impression to aim at Elli, the new team captain, at least not her first hit, no matter how tempting, and she didn't feel it was fair to pick on one of the weaker links right away. So that left Cam or Xavier, then again she felt anyone trying out for beater was free game because quite frankly they needed to get used to bludgers sooner or later.

Spotting a bludger she swung, picking out her target-Xavier. It seemed fair enough. She hoped her previous year of quidditch helped and all the time she had spent in a batting cage helped but she didn't have automatic confidence with so many beaters trying out and the fact that most of those trying out probably had a chance to practice on brooms.

Aiming at: Xavier Nicholson
Roll: 9
Total: 9+2=12
Position: Applying for Beater
AC: 10 +1 (years playing) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer)=15
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +1 (1 year quidditch team)
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [O] [O] [O]

IceGrayWolf

Diamond Wales rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:56 am
User Image
You can make the hero you are
With your brains, your aim, and your battle stars
Everybody's got a story, of all their troubles, all their glories
Tell me yours you cannot bore me, there's a hero in you

User Image

Jacob nodded to Remy as she made an appearance on the pitch, still unsure about the whole mess, but at least willing to be neutral toward the past year. After all, it kind of made it hard for him to be anything but neutral towards her when he never even saw what had happened, or even heard the specifics. Which made it that much more awkward. "Hey Remy. Um, thanks, I think. Good luck with tryouts yourself. I'll try not to hit you too hard." Hearing another unexpected voice, he waved to Cait. He hadn't seen her in a while at tryouts, and he was actually glad she made an appearance. Probably meant that their luck in quidditch was turning around, right? "Hey Cait, it was good. I'll see you at Music Club too." He nodded to her and returned his attention to Elli.

When Elli blew the whistle, he rose up into the air, already looking for targets and knowing who was off limits and who wasn't. Seekers would basically be immune, while everyone else wasn't. That was easy enough. Well, here goes nothing. He quickly shot after one of the bludgers, deciding to aim at Ronna. He hoped that Tevye would at least go and block the shot. If anything else, he knew the longtime beater had a habit of making saves for his teammates.

Position: Beater
Modifiers: Hitting the Bludger +7, 16+ to Deflect Bludgers
Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger
Lives: biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
Final Roll: 18, sorry mc2 >_<

----------------------------------
State: Determined
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

Socks

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:58 am
User Image
User Image

Remy missed an easy toss-up, but at least she had lost it to Xavier, the boy she had trusted as her Chaser for years now. She flew after him, putting her brand new Firebolt II to its metal. He passed to Elli! This would be fun! Remy darted after the ball, reaching out for a hopeful steal.

TEAM ONE CHASER
Total Roll: 19
00//03

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:04 am
User Image
User Image

Remy grinned as she snatched the Quaffle from midair. In an instant, the ball was under her right arm and she was flying full speed toward the opposing goals. Her short hair whipped around her face, stinging her cheeks and neck, but she would have to get used to the feeling. Gold eyes narrowed a bit as the girl sped up, ready for the real fun to begin.

TEAM ONE CHASER
Total Roll: __
01//03

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:57 am
User Image
User Image
Heart pounds, eyes blink, brain thinks
I need to Seek, but what?
The Snitch, no
There is but one goal.

I shall be victorious
But only for her
She is mine
And I shall win for her

Romy had thought he'd seen the Snitch, but it turned out to be a bit of light reflection off someone's.... something or another. Silently he cursed Gryffindor's accent color. After a soft breath, the boy went back to hunting, knowing the golden orb had to be somewhere near. Then again, he'd seen how fast the little thing could fly. Hopefully it wouldn't take too long to find, as he hadn't had much time for breakfast and was quite hungry.

Modifiers: +7 to Spot, +7 to Catch

Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Natural Flyer, Great Catch
Final Roll: 11
Roll Number: 4
Lives:
[♌] [♌] [♌]
{In My Notes:}

Her heart, her eyes, her mind
Everything I could ever need
Her soul glows gold
Her heart mine to catch

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games