Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:57 am
hey im just wondering when the new term will start so i can apply for teacghing postions again  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:36 pm
We aren't doing Teaching over the Summer, we are doing the Quidditch World Cup instead, it's going to last all Summer Term. Didn't you get the Guild Announcement?

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:20 pm
no i didnt i just want to either have the event start or have classes start  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:50 pm
There's no set schedule for the next term yet, but it'll definitely start in the Fall, possibly September. So we'll likely open up teacher applications sometime in August.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:01 am
Hogwart’s Teaching Application Wrote:
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? Several years.

2. How many posts have you made? 2012

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yes, I was enrolled in several other classes with this guild before and yes I was diligent with homework and anything assigned to me.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
I'm re-applying for the position of Astronomy Teacher.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Aurora and Avatar34 are my Professor’s name and user name.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
Because it is fun and interesting plus, I love this guild and it’s a good way to keep it going. (In rl I'm interested in this subject in real life so I think it makes it a little more interesting.)

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
Under my instruction the classroom would how it was in the past but updated. (As I said If you would like to see an example please pm me and I can show you the lessons I plan to use if accepted.)

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) Animekitty, Oshenukhar, & Junimaia have agreed to let me use them in the past. Can I get anyone to let me use them as a reference?

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
I have been the Astronomy teacher (as well as other taught other classes) in the past and had to stop due to illness. What I have that the other applying teachers may not have is a real interest for Astronomy.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class? Maybe it would depend on what I‘m already doing.

11.Anything else you would like to add:
Yes, that I know I left kind of out of nowhere last time (although I did tell my HoH and Professor Adonis and post that I had to leave in several places as I was told) however I want you to know that it was due to illness and not that I just got to darn lazy to continue in this guild because, that isn’t true at all.

Edited: March 8
I just wanted to let you know that I don't mind talking about my illness and why I had to leave the guild for a while. If any of the Mods have questions about what happened, please feel free to pm me. I don't mind you gals knowing, but the whole guild doesn't have to know.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:12 am
Tina accepted for Astronomy...duh? heart

IceeWitch

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:28 am
Thanks Icee. heart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:03 pm
User Image
Hogwarts Teaching Application
Hogwart’s Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? About 8 months now

2. How many posts have you made? 735 (prior to posting this)

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? Yes I was in the Herbology, Charms, Potions, Transfiguration. I turned everything in, and even did extra credit work.

I am applying for (1st) DADA; (2nd) Muggle Studies

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Amelie Gris-ocre, 36, an american born witch who attended The Salem Witches Institute. She has also taught D.A.D.A.; Muggle-Studies at the Salem Witches Institute. She was raised by a muggle father and mother in Boston Massachusetts . She has never married due to her dedication to teaching and love of learning. She has a quirky habit of making her coffee in the morning the muggle way and is one to have a travel mug with her in the mornings.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: I would like to teach here to pass on my knowledge of DADA or Mugglestudies to the Students and to help the guild grow and make it more active.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) I would split the class into 3 levels beginning; intermediate; and advanced with 3 lessons per level plus one essay and a cumulative final. The students would have one of the three assignments to work on with a partner.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) The Queen Lana has agreed to be a reference for me.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: I enjoy the art of defense, and love all things muggle!

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class? I would be more than happy to sub for a class as someone who is irl going into the teaching field this can only help me.

11.Anything else you would like to add: Professor Gris-Ocre will have a life outside of teaching, they may even be exciting additions to the school, They will have a back story that I will be writing and posting on my profile just like I did with Andrew Adler. I am really looking forward to teaching at Hogwarts.

User Image

Oshenukhar

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:36 pm
approved for DADA heart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:42 pm
User ImageBurst down those closet doors once and for all ...

Thanks ICEE! heart
... and stand up and start to fight. ~ Harvey MilkUser Image

Oshenukhar

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:48 am
Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
since about august 2007
2. How many posts have you made?
too many to count
3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
yes and i did very well in all of them turned in all the hw and did all the classwork or asked good questions
charms transfiguration
um professor tenamore(i think i have changed it every time i made a class)
6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
people need to know their charms in a fun way
7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
there will be dice rolling for spells there will be class work and hw and questions give extra points if they are good questions
8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
no references but thats cause i havent asked any im sure i could get some refs if i wanted
9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: i have been doing this class for a few terms now and i have a unique way of seening things willing to help those that are having trouble and i post lessons regularly

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
of course
11.Anything else you would like to add: hope to see you in my class this term

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:23 am
Approved for Charms heart

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:30 pm
Okay, My Astronomy Class for this Fall Term is up. I also deleted my old classrooms.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:30 pm

please dont delete my old class room yet im going to use it as a guide for making my new one thx

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:03 pm
Okay James, say when your done though so, we can delete it, okay?

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff