Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 am
Lt. Brookman
I'd work harder if proper incentives were involved.
As you always say.. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:25 am
Some WIP shots. Both MG teams come in two versions: Deployed and on the move. The US Infantry is painted as far as they can be right about now, I'm still waiting for my themed paint set to arrive.. The German platoon is mostly unpainted for the time being, as I want to focus on the farm and Americans first before moving on, plus I'm still looking for a good guide on painting Splinter in 28mm..

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:38 am
What color are you planning on doing the American uniforms?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:53 am
DarkElf27
If I were to hazard a guess..

German Camo Beige (Vallejo 821): M1941 Blouson Jacket, canteen, gaiters and webbing
US Field Drab (Vallejo 873): Trousers, greatcoat and shirt
US Dark Green (Vallejo 893): Helmet, Mortars, Bazookas and Herringbone Twill trousers
Brown Violet (Vallejo 887): Helmet Cover and M1943 4-pocket jacket
Mahogany Brown (Vallejo 846): Boots, helmet straps and holsters

ninja  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:08 am
Lady Blodwynn
DarkElf27

German Camo Beige (Vallejo 821): M1941 Blouson Jacket, canteen, gaiters and webbing
US Dark Green (Vallejo 893): Helmet, Mortars, Bazookas and Herringbone Twill trousers

ninja
These. I already have German camo beige from a German paint kit and the brown violet from my Dust Tactics days, just waiting on the ones bolded out to finally arrive. I ordered them at my FLGS alongside a certain Jeep and mortar team... But if you take a gander at WIP I provided, you can see that the jackets and gaiters are all beige, with exception of the sergeants, whom I gave brown violet jackets, same with all the helmets.

I'll give it one more week and if there's word on my order I'll just get the paint somewhere else, like the store across from my FLGS. In the meantime I've thrown together some more plastics to round out the numbers should the Jeep and mortar team take forever and ever. If they don't show up soon I'll just field a sniper team and two extra riflemen, one for each squad.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:20 am
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
DarkElf27

ninja
These. I already have German camo beige from a German paint kit and the brown violet from my Dust Tactics days, just waiting on the ones bolded out to finally arrive. I ordered them at my FLGS alongside a certain Jeep and mortar team... But if you take a gander at WIP I provided, you can see that the jackets and gaiters are all beige, with exception of the sergeants, whom I gave brown violet jackets, same with all the helmets.

I'll give it one more week and if there's word on my order I'll just get the paint somewhere else, like the store across from my FLGS. In the meantime I've thrown together some more plastics to round out the numbers should the Jeep and mortar team take forever and ever. If they don't show up soon I'll just field a sniper team and two extra riflemen, one for each squad.
Happy to see that you're getting loads of use out of those plastics. wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:52 am
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
DarkElf27

ninja

Happy to see that you're getting loads of use out of those plastics. wink
I also banged out a plastic captain / major mini, armed with just a pistol and a pointy hand.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:59 am
Lt. Brookman
I also banged out a plastic captain / major mini, armed with just a pistol and a pointy hand.
Interesting, but what about that farm? ninja  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:05 am
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Added in sandbag walls, need to paint those, give the walls another layer of grey and pick out details on the houses. After that, flocking.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:56 am
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Added in sandbag walls, need to paint those, give the walls another layer of grey and pick out details on the houses. After that, flocking.
Less typing more resulting. stare  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:17 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
So ruthless! whee  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:45 pm
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
So ruthless! whee
She's a harsh mistress alright.

Sergeant, I should have some new WIP pics tomorrow, been busy today with some other things regarding insurance of the departed.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:08 am
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
So ruthless! whee
She's a harsh mistress alright.

Sergeant, I should have some new WIP pics tomorrow, been busy today with some other things regarding insurance of the departed.
You'd better or I'm going to track you down and beat seven shades of crap out of you for wasting my time.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:42 am
User Image
User Image

Just finished. Still working on some detail like lightning here and there, but it's moslty finished smile  

Wodzu

Aged Hunter

4,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:59 am
Wodzu
Just finished. Still working on some detail like lightning here and there, but it's moslty finished smile
Smashing job you did there! emotion_yatta  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games