Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 646 647 648 649 650 651 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:45 am
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman
Oh ye of little faith.. crying

Besides, Vultures have Strafing Run, meaning BS4 attacks that pin against all targets that aren't a flyer or skimmer. s**t just got real.
You better win, or next time we meet, you sleep on the ground. emotion_donotwant
I got thoroughly raped. crying
Do tell. Who did you fight?
CSM (Daemon Prince with MoK, Dark Apostle, two cultist squads with MoK and three squads bikers, each with two meltas and a combi-melta plus MoN) and Daemons (The Scribes, Horrors, Plague Bearers and two Soul Grinders with MoN).

Mission was the Relic, deployment was Hammer and Anvil, meaning that on the first turn one Grinder popped a Tauros, with the rest being popped the next turn by the bikers. My biggest highlights were.. Sniping a biker leader, killing an enemy warlord (the Apostle) and well, that's it really. So, I got the Warlord VP, they got Linebreaker, First Blood and the Relic.

Note to self, never bring fun lists in any more.. gonk
Don't feel too disheartened, maybe you just need to practice that list a couple times to figure the odds and ends of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:11 am
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman

Besides, Vultures have Strafing Run, meaning BS4 attacks that pin against all targets that aren't a flyer or skimmer. s**t just got real.
You better win, or next time we meet, you sleep on the ground. emotion_donotwant
Sounds like someone had fun and it wasn't you. sad  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:56 am
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman

Even worse, he probably fielded more than 750 points, he was somewhere between 19 and 50 points over the set amount. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:31 am
That's a small game.  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:41 pm
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman

Even worse, he probably fielded more than 750 points, he was somewhere between 19 and 50 points over the set amount. crying
THIS CALLS FOR MURDER. emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm
Man...I haven't gotten to play in an age now...  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:13 am
DarkElf27
Don't feel too disheartened, maybe you just need to practice that list a couple times to figure the odds and ends of it.
Seeing as Forge World has officially been barred from the campaign, last time I'll use that list for some time to come. Back to vanilla Guard it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:37 am
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Seeing as Forge World has officially been barred from the campaign, last time I'll use that list for some time to come. Back to vanilla Guard it is.

Vanilla anything is boring. I don't see why FW minis aren't more widely accepted...  

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:29 am
ArletaMagic
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27

Vanilla anything is boring. I don't see why FW minis aren't more widely accepted...
Minis are, the rules arent. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:00 am
Vikki Keeler
ArletaMagic
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27

For those who actually do FW stuffs though, perhaps tournaments geared to including the FW rules? Sucks, those that wanna be a little different are extremely limited in their ability to do much on a wide GW scale.  

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:47 am
ArletaMagic
Vikki Keeler
ArletaMagic
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27

For those who actually do FW stuffs though, perhaps tournaments geared to including the FW rules? Sucks, those that wanna be a little different are extremely limited in their ability to do much on a wide GW scale.
Actual FW playas are a minority tho, plus from what ive heard their rules arent exactly that balanced or well thought out.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:57 am
Vikki Keeler
ArletaMagic
Vikki Keeler
ArletaMagic
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27

Actual FW playas are a minority tho, plus from what ive heard their rules arent exactly that balanced or well thought out.

If there was a better balance, perhaps they could extend their client base... perhaps make FW rules an addendum to the -actual- rulebook for in those cases where people field FW minis. No need to shirk the little guy who wants to play something a bit different...  

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:54 am
Forge World exists in a limbo of sorts: It's official, but you need opponent's consent, or in case of tournaments, the organizer. Anyway, the campaign organizer says no, so no it is. Understandable, as FW lists can be highly unbalanced and full of odd units or unit compositions. Armoured Companies can be a pain to tackle, as can flyer heavy lists, especially those written prior to the release of the 6th edition.

It's a pity, but not the end of the world.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:46 pm
And so your streak of poorly thought out choices continues! blaugh

Sorry, had to do it. sweatdrop  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 646 647 648 649 650 651 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games