Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asmusei -Faceless Hunter-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:27 pm
Orkronos
I was considering doing a winged chapter master. i have looked at warhammer wings, but i dont know what ones would be best.
Im leaning towards these:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440040a&prodId=prod1280034
The empire ones were cool but I think they may be too long.
My girlfriend put Reaper Angel wings onto a Cannoness, replacing the ball nubs on the backpack. It worked out great, the wingspan just runs into other figures, though.

EDIT:
I almost forgot to share my latest project. I call it the Bramble; it's an MCV (Mobile Command Vehicle) that only has a Flechette Dispenser on the front for weapons, but is to fill an HQ slot. The large side armor is really just a piece that goes inside the Devil-fish and Hammerheads, but I never used them before. It's still a WIP, but I think it looks alright.
User Image
More, but BIG pictures: Right Side Flechette Dispenser Commander and Antennae

These pictures are of what I've gotten for the Sawfish with a Devilfish, but I really don't like it.
Left Side Rear Left  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:13 pm
Alrighty: it should be a heavier-looking version of the Piranha, essentially, so probably a piece of cardstock or what-have-you to cover the cockpit, but have a gap along the front and some on the sides for them to see through, thus no longer open-top. Also, the front weapon could either be replaced by missiles or just filled in and the Drones carrying heavier weapons. The engines would be cut away from the body and have short pieces of sprew connecting the two to give it the appearance of being able to swivel against it. If you keep the wings attached to the engine, you can make it look like they assist in creating lift when they do swivel. I haven't figured much else because I haven't looked at what comes in the box. I'll find pictures and mull over it some and probably post more ideas tomorrow.

Well, the covered cockpit will have to be compound-curved, likely in the same fashion as the nose, which means I'll have to find some way of either heating and bending plastic into a nice compound curve like that, use a crapton of green stuff, or Bondo, or carve it out of clay, or what I've wanted to do for some time, develop a miniature english wheel for styrene work.  

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:15 pm
Im going for more of a sanguineus look.....  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:51 pm
notmuch_23
Alrighty: it should be a heavier-looking version of the Piranha, essentially, so probably a piece of cardstock or what-have-you to cover the cockpit, but have a gap along the front and some on the sides for them to see through, thus no longer open-top. Also, the front weapon could either be replaced by missiles or just filled in and the Drones carrying heavier weapons. The engines would be cut away from the body and have short pieces of sprew connecting the two to give it the appearance of being able to swivel against it. If you keep the wings attached to the engine, you can make it look like they assist in creating lift when they do swivel. I haven't figured much else because I haven't looked at what comes in the box. I'll find pictures and mull over it some and probably post more ideas tomorrow.

Well, the covered cockpit will have to be compound-curved, likely in the same fashion as the nose, which means I'll have to find some way of either heating and bending plastic into a nice compound curve like that, use a crapton of green stuff, or Bondo, or carve it out of clay, or what I've wanted to do for some time, develop a miniature english wheel for styrene work.
That could work, but it'd be one hell of a spendy unit if you plan on using 14-or-higher gauge sheet metal. I'm going to try the cardstock, it should be somewhat easier to work with. I took a look at the insides of the box and I'm thinking of placing a little bit of additional shielding over the exposed engine parts, along with bulking out between the hull and engines themselves for a heavier look. Also, there's plenty that could be done with the back side, maybe even cutting out a large part of the nose, allowing a larger, fixed weapon to protrude through. Then the back can be bulked up for a power module to power this larger vehicle.  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:54 pm
Orkronos
Well, it won't take much; just plenty of gold and flowing hair!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:13 pm
That could work, but it'd be one hell of a spendy unit if you plan on using 14-or-higher gauge sheet metal. I'm going to try the cardstock, it should be somewhat easier to work with. I took a look at the insides of the box and I'm thinking of placing a little bit of additional shielding over the exposed engine parts, along with bulking out between the hull and engines themselves for a heavier look. Also, there's plenty that could be done with the back side, maybe even cutting out a large part of the nose, allowing a larger, fixed weapon to protrude through. Then the back can be bulked up for a power module to power this larger vehicle.

I'm not planning on using sheet metal or a full-sized English wheel: it wouldn't work. I'm just figuring I'll have to make one in miniature for the many compound curves to stretch plasticard into in order to bulk out the back section of the Piranha or a lot of carving with either clay or pink foam...  

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300

iBurningfury-kun

Dangerous Informer

5,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:16 pm
Orkronos
I was considering doing a winged chapter master. i have looked at warhammer wings, but i dont know what ones would be best.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440040a&prodId=prod1280034
My girlfriend put Reaper Angel wings onto a Cannoness, replacing the ball nubs on the backpack. It worked out great, the wingspan just runs into other figures, though.

I would suggest Sanguinary Guard wings. I've used them to make a grey hunter with wings standing on top of a dead tyranids. It turned out great. all I really need to do is practice painting more.

EDIT:
I almost forgot to share my latest project. I call it the Bramble; it's an MCV (Mobile Command Vehicle) that only has a Flechette Dispenser on the front for weapons, but is to fill an HQ slot. The large side armor is really just a piece that goes inside the Devil-fish and Hammerheads, but I never used them before. It's still a WIP, but I think it looks alright.
User Image

These pictures are of what I've gotten for the Sawfish with a Devilfish, but I really don't like it.
Left Side Rear Left

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:08 am
Orkronos
its why the other primarchs turned to chaos. Sanny was just too fabulous!  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:31 pm
notmuch_23

I'm not planning on using sheet metal or a full-sized English wheel: it wouldn't work. I'm just figuring I'll have to make one in miniature for the many compound curves to stretch plasticard into in order to bulk out the back section of the Piranha or a lot of carving with either clay or pink foam...
If you have plasticard available, why not just cut it into the size pieces you need for the back end? It only needs four pieces. Also, I'm not sure if the polymer structure of the stuff will flex and keep memory for the canopy...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:51 pm
Orkronos
Orkronos
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.WHERE'S YOUR GOD-EMPEROR NOW?!?

*ahem*

I finally had the spare pieces to make something for the IG that I've always wanted to do; powered armor. I'm not intimately familiar with the stats of Marines versus IG, but you could probably figure something out. This is the radio guy, still have to greenstuff the pack to bulk it out for a power unit and hydraulic setup, using small cable pieces connecting the legs and arms to the pack for hydraulic lines.
User Image
Here is a side view and the backpack itself.  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:55 pm
iBurningfury-kun
Orkronos

I would suggest Sanguinary Guard wings. I've used them to make a grey hunter with wings standing on top of a dead tyranids. It turned out great. all I really need to do is practice painting more.

EDIT:
User Image

Left Side Rear Left
I, uh.
Well, that's quite the reply. Do you, ah, have anything else to add?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:50 pm
Orkronos
Orkronos
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.WHERE'S YOUR GOD-EMPEROR NOW?!?

*ahem*

I finally had the spare pieces to make something for the IG that I've always wanted to do; powered armor. I'm not intimately familiar with the stats of Marines versus IG, but you could probably figure something out. This is the radio guy, still have to greenstuff the pack to bulk it out for a power unit and hydraulic setup, using small cable pieces connecting the legs and arms to the pack for hydraulic lines.
User Image
Imperial Guard has no power armour, except for their techpriests.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:08 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Orkronos
Orkronos

*ahem*

User Image
I know, I just did it for fun. biggrin I'm thinking of making a few others for a small squad of them, as if they're being field tested.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:52 pm
So i was looking at some minis for sale on coolminisornot.com and came across This and thought it would make a pritty good base for a female version of a Harlequin Troupe Master. I got the idea stuck in my head and desided to Order one, i think that would be pritty sweet.

Ill have to do some work on the weapons and the face, maby change the boots and aulter the Base, But its in almost exactly the same stance as the Original model

II Deagle II

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:44 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Orkronos
Orkronos

*ahem*

User Image
I know, I just did it for fun. biggrin I'm thinking of making a few others for a small squad of them, as if they're being field tested.
While the Imperium doesn't work that way, please do share the results as this project progresses. wink  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games