Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jiyou

4,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:05 pm
Hello everyone, I'm Jiyou.
I just joined yesterday. I wanted to come and get critiqued on my art. I just recently started getting serious with my art. I'm also a self taught artist, I started in the sixth grade, going onto my senior year of high school. I want to expand in my art styles, so please help me out ^^; I would love to give some critiques if I can.

Oh yeah! Feel free to check out my DeviantArt  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:35 pm
Hey everyone! I'm Zince. I joined for critiques and feedback on my artwork in which I'm seriously confused about what's lacking. I enjoy using pencil crayons and markers as traditional art tools and drawing digitally with SAI and Photoshop. My deviantART page is http://izince.deviantart.com  

iZince

Bashful Ladykiller

Eizoryu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:21 pm
Welcome to all the new folks! =D  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:16 pm
Hello Artists! XD
I'm Charlotte. Nice to meet youz.

I've been drawing since I was born and I've always loved it. I get stereotyped in my family as the artist but I don't think I deserve it. Or maybe I'm just modest? jokes. I'm motivated to get better and into different mediums! (I mostly just do sketches...)
A little about me: I have an extremely low self esteem.. Like really,it sucks. Heres my quiz result for what i fear most:

Allodaxaphobia. You don't like it when people tell you what they think of you, either it is good or bad. You enjoy life more when people keep their comments to themselves (which is not easy for any of your friends). You need to just calm down and take their advice. Even if it goes against everything you believe in. Trust me, you need help!!!

Thanks a lot quiz. -_- Telling me what you think of me..
Does this make me a failure as an artist? Not taking peoples advice? But you guys can help me right? D:  

KawaiiEraser

tacticsthecat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:15 pm
sup people^^, I'm tactics.....

I drew alot when I was growing up (mostly calvin and hobbes), that is untill middle and high school when I had stopped almost entirely (I failed high school art sweatdrop ). I started again about 4 years ago and have drawing regularly ever since. I love using both traditional and digital media ( particularly ball point and micron pens as well as my trusty wacom tablet)

I dig drawing manga style, and although such a thing is cliche nowadays, I don't think I'll be stopping any time soon. Alot of artists inspire me to push myself farther....too many to name here. I used to draw kingdom hearts fanart, but knowadays I try to stick with original characters. I also like to work with other artists on collabs (I've gotten to work with some seriously sick talent). I've worked on comics and flash animation (some for myself, some for others....) and hope to do more in the future.
Well that's about it^^.

TTFN  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:30 pm
I'm Twilima, or Veronica if you prefer real names.
I've been drawing since I could hold a pencil, and my favorite subject has always been women. (Though when I was younger my women looked like planks with stick hair.) My current medium is a wacom tablet, though that doesn't mean they go through the vicious pencil on paper test beforehand.
Anywho~ I play World of Warcraft when I'm not drawing. I'm currently a sophomore in high school, so I still have plently of room for improvement.

All that aside, I'm always getting to know local artists that collaberate at fairs and conventions, so that one day I could become well known like they are.

Twilima

Tre Mal Joesph

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:23 pm
Hey! I am Jose, I like Joseph a little better cause you don't get confused with anyone else with the same name. I was always kinda doodling and messing around, I starting getting more interested when I was reading some comics and I though it would be cool if I could do that. Have some way to draw out this things crazy ideas in my head. I am in highschool for the time being, I am a Junior so I am kinda confused on what to expect out of this school year sweatdrop I got lots of torn pages and a few notebooks around my room with drawings on them. I have this thing were I always carry a paper and pencil were ever I go.. biggrin I like the comic style kinda drawing, I don't have a tablet or anything like that just the old fashion pencil and paper. In the end I wanna make this book I read into a comic just to see how it would look, so i'll see you guys around the forums!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:04 am
Hullo, name's Diana, prefer to be called Nat or Dee. I live and study in Sweden as well as work here. Been drawing since I could hold a pen in my hand and at 4 I decided to be an artist. I've been constantly striving for that aim (with all my other school work and such suffering for it) at 12 I decided that the art field I wanted to get into was comics... and now 14 years later I am about to publish my first comic.

I mostly work with ink and markers. I do however colour occasionally using tablet and openCanvas/photoshop/sai and so on.

Feel free to check out my DA http://omegasama.deviantart.com/  

Nathaniel Mea

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:54 am
I'm glad to finally have you aboard. ^_^

And welcome to everyone. I hope we're helpful to you as you are helpful to us.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:19 pm

Wooooooah!
Got a few talented artists here biggrin

Just joined this Guild a few moments ago, and I must say, I like it so far ^__^

What kind of work do some of you guys do?

Personally, Im a pencil artist biggrin
www.eskimo-evn.deviantart.com

Doomdagger

Vampire Strawberries

Sparkly Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:15 am
My name is Vampire Strawberries or you can call me Jess if you like using real names instead. I've always been drawing all my life but never really focused on drawing until I was 10. I've been trying to break away from the anime style I've been drawing in for the last 6 years but I have a really bad habit of saying something is just going to look horrible and never finishing it. I prefer graphite pencils over colored pencils (I think it's were I convince myself I'm going to mess up with colored pencils and eventually end up causing me to make mistakes.)
If you want to see some of my stuff check out my my deviantart.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:30 pm

welcome to the guild everyone! Please don't be shy and take part in the discussions and critiques smile ~

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

FlipMaester

Fashionable Genius

4,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:21 pm
Guild noob coming through hahah ^^
hello all im FlipMaester but feel free to call me Flip
im looking forward to meeting you all
oh and heres my DA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:58 pm
HI, I'm hesikai !!! I'm been an artist since I was just a baby, now I'm currently a sophomore in art college and plan to go into a career for concept art.

Heres my DA, http://toshema.deviantart.com/?loggedin=1 !!  

hesikai

Tiara_Estella

Shirtless Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:47 pm
Hello, the name's Tiara, you all can call me Tia.
I'm 18, a freshman in college, and a failure of sorts. xD
I started out drawing horrible blobs, managed to get somewhere, and am now back to blobs.
The first image is an example of how I began and ended, and the second image is how good I got then later went back to the first image xD

~Random Sketch~My art began and currently is at this level
~Trayos Sketch~How I once sketched/drew

I like reading, writing, sketching, photography, anime, sports, learning new things, helping others, editing, giving constructive critique, singing,...etc etc

If anyone is bored/interested enough. You can see my best work waaaaaaay at the beginning of my gallery.
Anyway, Hi and I'm happy to be here smile  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games