Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 69 70 71 72 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bladex1200

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:30 pm
Hello, I am Bladex1200, and I am an alcoholic...

Just kidding! biggrin

Anyway, I've never played the actual tabletop Warhammer 40,000 game, but I am slightly familiar with the universe and I've played the Dawn of War series. My favorite army is the Space Marines, although the Orks are a close second (cause they're so awesome!) and I've played around with the Eldar. The Tau are a bit hard for me to get used to, and I've never played as the Necrons. I'd like to learn more about the tabletop war game, which is why I joined...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:04 am
I'm Genevaman and I've been playing for over a year now.

I've got a 2,000pt Tyranid army and I'm currently working on an Eldar army.

No pics though... cry

I have an avid interest in the Chaos mythos. I'd probably play them if they weren't so survivable. I like an army were you can't afford many mistakes. Hence Eldar. Not so much Nids unfortunatly...  

Genevaman

Shichigoro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:58 pm
Hello all. My name is RobotVomit, or Dustin, it dosent really matter.

I currently play two armies, one being Space Marines that I've had for a few years that I painted White/Green/Gold and they look lame as hell and I play a Necron army that Is a little bit better done as far as the paint but they are impossible to play well, or in the tournaments around SanDiego, CA that I go to.

So, I am making a Chaos Space Marine Army right now, just buying things here and there and painting them with a lot more love and attention right now.

I am also looking for advice on trying to make a replica army of the Blood Ravens from Dawn of War 2. I need some ideas of peices, old or new that I can use to represent the major Characters and Squads from the game. But that one is probably just going to be a display piece.

Outside of that, I'm in the Navy as an AG, Weatherman, taking some college classes for art and trying to work out a better apprenticeship for tattoos. It's my only other huge passion, and its hard to make money playing video games all the time so I figured I would try and be a tattoo artist.

Feel free to PM or comment me anytime, I'm very good about getting back to people in a pretty consistant time line and would always love to talk Tattoo, 40K, or anything musical.

Thanks again all who took the time to read it.

-Dustin.  
Rafen 40k rolled 12 6-sided dice: 3, 3, 6, 6, 5, 2, 1, 6, 6, 3, 2, 5 Total: 48 (12-72)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:22 am
FOR THE EMPEROR
I am Rafen from the popular book about the Blood Angles But it is quite odd to have found myself in the inquisition. Any way my army is Gaurd And Inquisition forces mostly dameon hunters. I enjoy Rping in charecter and Fan made short stories.  

Rafen 40k

Dawns first Light

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:40 pm
Hey i'm Lunar, i collect Space Marines which have become my own chapter known as the Destiny Knights. I'll try to get some pics up soon but i'm currently in the process of painting.
Once i've done a 2500 point army i'll be starting Witch Hunters.

Btw, that was a quick reply  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:15 pm
Hello, I'm Captain Obvious. I've been into the whole 40k universe for almost 2 years now. I play Imperial Guard, my color scheme is Cobra Command. (Blue armor, red cloths and the Cobra symbol on banners and armor. I'm also looking into getting kroot shoulder pads to use as face masks.) I like reading the fluff and talking about basically anything that has to do with Warhammer 40k.  

[-Captain Obvious-]

IWantRedDeadRedemptionNow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:44 pm
hey guys, i am glad to see there is a warhammer guild in gaia
well my name is carson i sure know my history of warhammer 40k (not so much fantasy except the skaven)
i play dawn of war
i play tabetop with my brother sometimes

i favor in DOW and table to play in this order of favorites
1. necronz
2. tyranids
3. chaos
4. orkz
5. space marines

no tau or imperials..i despise both races

sorry i dont have a picture of my army i just figured out how to post pics on the comp mrgreen

ill get a pic ASAP
nice meet you guys!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:42 am
IM Sinbiker I been into the Whole Warhammer games be it Warhammer or Warhammer 40k I have been trying to save up money so I could start my Space Marine army....... havent gotten to that yet....... I do happen to have All the DAWN of War games though..  

Sinbiker

R i o n l e s s

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:25 am
my army is Tyranids. i dont have any pics right now but i have the hormagaunts. i paint their skin black, their armor Chainmail silver, and their blades and other details turquiose blue. when i am finished with those i will buy the Genestealers.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:08 pm
Hey guys I'm Kabraxes and I love the universe of 40k. Unfortunately my friends and family are either A) peaceful to the point of disliking violent games or B) don't have any patience so I can't play the table top game. additionally my computer is so bad it tends to freeze when I play Starcraft so I can't play the computer game. What I can do is read the books of the Black Library and I have been doing exactly that for about a year now. I have now read the majority of the 40k books and am keeping my eyes out for new ones. I love the Emperor but I despise the Imperium and consistently hope for its' downfall. If I were to play the table top game I would probably play Imperial Guard and base them off of the Tanith First and Only. Yeah thats me. nice to meet you all.  

kabraxes

Omega724

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:43 am
Hey, I'm Omega724. I don't have an army, but then again I don't play the tabletop version. I mostly play DOW and read the fluff. I mostly enjoy the stories more than the actual game, but DOW II was actually decent. Erm. I really don't have much else to say, so yeah.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:08 pm
hey ma name is mike
i just got started an only have a squad of 20
i didn't want to use any canon regiments as a base so i just gonna do what i do best and make it up as I go.
I like the humanic nature of the imperial guard as it connects with my job as a soldier. One face in a crowd.
FOR THE EMPEROR !!!
my army's name is the Förster  

68whiskey

Saruta

Dedicated Sex Symbol

7,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:01 am
sup? my names Liam and I have played 40k for about... a year or so, and I play a space marine army of Crimson fists, Fight for Pedro! But I am moving on to a Daemon hunters army and then an Alien hunters army, so heres my army pic!

User Image

Note Pedro Kantor at the front  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:27 pm
"I thank the Machine's Spirit for my safe arival! Greetings I am Arturace Loray, Techpriest Enginseer. I have long Served the Emperor and the Adeptus Mechanicus For more than an Age, Fighting on many a word from the Battle of Armegedon to Lorn V. For The Emperor!!"

Hello all I have been a fan of the Warhammer 40,000 Universe for about 2-3 years now, i have played almost all of the dawn of war games minus Soul Storm. have 15 of the Warhammer & Warhammer 40k books, and have been wanting to get into the table top game but am not sure how to approach it. I am looking for peoples advice on a good starter army(s) and explain some of the details of the game (Basics Etc.)  

Necron_Pariah

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:44 pm
Greetings one and all,

once upon a time I introduced myself in here but seeing as how I dropped out ages ago and have only recently returned, I felt I should do so again!

I am, as my name may suggest, an avid Eldar player. At current I own roughly 8,300 points of Eldar and can now honestly say I have fielded everyone one of those units. The money was finally worth it! xp This being said however.. I still have a lot of painting to do. 2K of the army is actually finished with the rest slowly being primed black in anticipation of that glorious week when I can go nuts painting again. Back in the day my Eldar were very confused and thought they belonged to many craftworlds. They literally tried each of the 5 and even made up a few of their own with the main book. However, while each of the craftworlds had their perks, for me there was nothing more fascinating than the fluff behind Ulthwe. Their colour scheme was appealing as well but being me, I took artistic liberty and modified the usual Ulthwe to incorporate the flame motif from the Legion of the Damned. That being said, despite the powers that be having stripped me of my unique rules (I miss my black guardians) my Eldar will forever be Ulthwe with a firery passion!

Having said all that, I am at heart an artist of many styles and mediums. To see exactly what I mean here is my Deviant Art page. My current and favourite project is the '40K Funnies' web comic my best friend and I have been working on which parodies the 40K universe and the life and times of the various units in the game. It is officially co-hosted by 2 members of my Ulthwe Seer Council being Farseer Bill and Warlock Ted who like any good Ulthwe Eldar, will pop up from time to time to interfere, comment and witness all that goes on while the rest of the universe carries on. Perhaps I'll look into posting them in the guild too as a fun contribution to every ones boredom!

Other than my Eldar obsession, I also have a rather sizable Space Wolves army which should I tally it up.. I estimate would be over 6K in points although I'm really not sure since I inherited a friends army and have yet to tally it up... they may in fact be equals to my Eldar yet!

I also have a Tau Hunting Cadre and a Ork Speed Freakz Waaagh both sitting in at around 2.5K. With an unknown amount of Tyranid, Dark Eldar and Imperial Guard kicking around as well. That being said.. I've been in the hobby for 10 or so years now and have spent more than my share of money on the hobby legitly, seeked out awesome garagle sale deals, gamers liquidating units and traded where I could. All in all I've got more than I could ever painting in a year and every time I tell myself I'm going to stop.. I get something else. Eldar Scorpion Super Heavy's are looking mighty pretty I might add...

haha, other than that.... when it comes to gaia I don't do much. I GM a Batman rpg that I set up almost a year ago and participate in an X-men one. I generally stay clear of discussion forums because I dislike how people treat one another but I do love chatting with fellow role players and gamers. Guess why I'm here?! xp

Well I think I've said enough, if you want to know more just send a pm my way!  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 69 70 71 72 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff