Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:59 pm
I always miss all the good debates cry

Ah well, probably for the best because I know nothing of the Norse cultures really. Tried to get into it, didn't work too well. Couldn't retain any of it.

Anyway, Azoetia: Read it, love it.
Viridarium Umbris: Read it, love it.
Use it? Nope.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:05 pm
Hey Angus thanks by the way for pulling up those references for "magick."  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:26 pm
TeaDidikai
Ultramarine Violet
O.o; Oh. That would explain my difficulty in details. Thank you much. I hadn't thought to see whether his other books contained any further info... I kind of assumed that because the other ones I had didn't contain any further material, that the ones I didn't have, wouldn't either.

In retrospect, it was a silly thing to overlook.
Pick it up. You might find what you're looking for. As long as you don't confuse Standing Stone for Wica, I see no harm in it.
Heh, I've learned better than that the hard way. Thanks for your help!

@ Violet: *squishes back* Yee!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:57 pm
chaoticpuppet
sabaku-okami
Wiccan is two gods which is polytheism. Now their are differences in wicca, that it is not all the same thing. I am not wiccan but from what I was told a varation of wicca is greek...

Yo, Sabaku-okami, I'm really happy for you and I'm gonna let you finish, but Gerald Gardner had the best Wicca of all time. Of all time.

Oh Kanye. You and Taylor Swift were never meant to be friends.  

Recursive Paradox

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:13 am
Collowrath
sabaku-okami
Violet Song jat Shariff
Namikikyo
sabaku-okami

Hellinstic, or Greek Wicca.

You have disappointed me.

It's like the LD; he doesn't disappoint in disappointing.

wait...I thought that you ment on what it is called.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenistic_religion

That is Hellenistic religion, Hellenic polytheism. It has absolutely zero connection to Wicca. smile

Violet, Lmao. My blood pressure isn't good enough to go back there yet. xD

Collowrath, Thank you for getting this while I was gone, you did it much more beautifully then I would have.

I'm going to take a long shot and say he quit already?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:16 am
Recursive Paradox
chaoticpuppet
sabaku-okami
Wiccan is two gods which is polytheism. Now their are differences in wicca, that it is not all the same thing. I am not wiccan but from what I was told a varation of wicca is greek...

Yo, Sabaku-okami, I'm really happy for you and I'm gonna let you finish, but Gerald Gardner had the best Wicca of all time. Of all time.

Oh Kanye. You and Taylor Swift were never meant to be friends.

LMAO! Oh gods, I don't think I've laughed this hard in a while.

Namikikyo

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:12 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
Hey Angus thanks by the way for pulling up those references for "magick."

Of course. Anytime.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:24 am
Namikikyo
Collowrath
sabaku-okami
Violet Song jat Shariff
Namikikyo
sabaku-okami

Hellinstic, or Greek Wicca.

You have disappointed me.

That is Hellenistic religion, Hellenic polytheism. It has absolutely zero connection to Wicca. smile

Collowrath, Thank you for getting this while I was gone, you did it much more beautifully then I would have.

E has said e was leaving but e as not quit. E is still in the member list.  

Aino Ailill

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:08 pm
TeaDidikai
Though why anyone would try and cross over into her hall as a mortal is beyond me when you could simply call upon the Disir.

3nodding

Granted, if you're being a tit when it concerns your heritage and roots, they might choose not to help you. Tough love, eh?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:42 pm
chaoticpuppet
sabaku-okami

Can I sig this?  

Nines19

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:44 pm
Nines19
chaoticpuppet
sabaku-okami

Can I sig this?

Nuu! I was gonna ask first! xD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:46 pm
Aino Ailill
Namikikyo
Collowrath
sabaku-okami
Violet Song jat Shariff

E has said e was leaving but e as not quit. E is still in the member list.

Me thinks he's ghosting then?

Namikikyo

chaoticpuppet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:35 pm
Nines19
chaoticpuppet
sabaku-okami

Can I sig this?

Certainly  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:07 pm
merry meet all
my name is zuli, angel in real life, feel free to call me either.
i've been exploring paganism, mostly wicca, for about 10 years now and i am eager to learn more.  

Zuli

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:07 am
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
If you're a Godhi and a traditionalist, why can't you even get simple terms cultural right?
Good question. wink

Anyone want to hear Deo's take on this? I know I do.

I missed it. ^.^

I am a gydhia. To two people. Neither of whom are Norse or Germanic. Well, i guess I could say to four, now, since I've married two couples. o.O But being gydhia to my agnostic mom is a little weird.

sabaku-okami
Why ignore all the galdrar? Not ingoring it, but it is written that Odin is the only god to learn magic from the Vanir. It is possible that Odin could of taught it to the humans but heir is no line that says that

Ur, actually, someone taught galdr to humans; Rig. You have read the Rigveda, right? The debate about whether it is Heimdalr or Odin is interesting; I fall on the Odin side, mostly impulsively.

TeaDidikai
sabaku-okami
I'm trying to find out how Odin rased the dead. Necromancy in the Edda's. That is something that is interesting.
He went into Hel's hall and talked to folks.

Hermod did, but I don't know of any times Odin did.

The actual tradition I know was summoning ancestors or Alfar at burial mounds. If I'm remembering correctly (I really don't feel like pulling out Voluspa) he did that with the Voelva in that poem, too; I believe the implicaiton was she had passed and so could see more clearly than a living spaecrafter. I'm not as conversant in seidhr, though, being more runic, so my facts may be wrong. Given the gods go to Hel when killed (see: Baldr) I don't see any of them going willingly beforehand. Hermod, as an Einharjar, had already died, and so couldn't be held in Hel.

Or something.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games