Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:38 am
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist

Fight any legendries yet? Even though I normally don't count them I'll go ahead and "scan" the data for Sycamore.

Hm? You mean through NPC battles? Yeah, quite a few actually xD Might as well for the achievement, right? Not to mention the completion of pokedex entries and such

Are we supposed to keep up to date with all the data? I use it for my posting but not stored in data for achievements unless I caught it.

Well, if you're going to use it for an achievement, you need a link, but otherwise, no, not necessarily. You can include it in pokedex if you want, but I don't think it's necessary : )  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:40 am
So first NPC legendary just so happened to be the god Pokemon Arceus, how do I explain that the trainer happens to have it?  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:41 am
Shadow - Dragon
So first NPC legendary just so happened to be the god Pokemon Arceus, how do I explain that the trainer happens to have it?

Lol that's up to you. You can explain it however you want  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:43 am
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

Shouldn't this be the exception to the rule? Only have one of this Pokemon? None of the other legendary Pokemon are considered Gods.  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:45 am
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

Shouldn't this be the exception to the rule? Only have one of this Pokemon? None of the other legendary Pokemon are considered Gods.

Nope. We're not going to restrict any of the legendaries like that. And who says a god can't make more gods? It's practically canon given there are give aways for Arceus and such, too, so someone could even have multiple ones on their games. It's fine to have several of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:50 am
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

Nope. We're not going to restrict any of the legendaries like that. And who says a god can't make more gods? It's practically canon given there are give aways for Arceus and such, too, so someone could even have multiple ones on their games. It's fine to have several of them.

Kind of scary but cool  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:15 am
Another stupid question, sorry

If Zoroark was scanned while disguised as a Gengar would the data for Zoroark come up or Gengar? Since Zoroark has the illusion ability  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:06 pm
Loonamist
Copies targets last move permanently. Only Smeargle can know or use this move for any reason including the effects a Balm Mushroom. Can't copy legendary exclusive moves and only one move with a base power of 100 or more can be known as a time. Can copy moves by any method desired.

So i didn't write up that last part so ill need an explanation. Does this mean i can "encounter" an NPC pokemon with the move id like to copy and do a mock battle and get the move that way or will i need to actually battle an NPC ?  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:09 pm
Shadow - Dragon

If Zoroark was scanned while disguised as a Gengar would the data for Zoroark come up or Gengar? Since Zoroark has the illusion ability
The dex scannes for DNA so it can't be fooled by an illusion. HOWEVER this doesn't apply to ditto if its changed shapes as it takes on the genetic code of said pokemon. At best it would give en error message.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:28 pm
Shadow - Dragon

I would actually say that it will be fooled by the pokedex, because otherwise anyone can just work their way through an illusion, making it pointless, by using their pokedex (something my character Jay pretty much has to do since he can't see the pokemon in the first place)

Since this likely needs to be discussed, since we have conflicting answers, we'll have to get back to you, Shadow :0 Sorry about the confusion.

And it's not a stupid question, it's actually, clearly, a very good one to have clarified xD

Cannibalistic-Insanity

Also, Tano, I'll have to get back to you on your question :0 I don't think I was the one that wrote that, and though I think I know the answer I want to check with Spec first  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:39 pm
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

I would actually say that it will be fooled by the pokedex, because otherwise anyone can just work their way through an illusion, making it pointless, by using their pokedex (something my character Jay pretty much has to do since he can't see the pokemon in the first place)

Since this likely needs to be discussed, since we have conflicting answers, we'll have to get back to you, Shadow :0 Sorry about the confusion.

And it's not a stupid question, it's actually, clearly, a very good one to have clarified xD

Cannibalistic-Insanity

Also, Tano, I'll have to get back to you on your question :0 I don't think I was the one that wrote that, and though I think I know the answer I want to check with Spec first
Im not sure how added that part in but your the one i normally come to with questions sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:45 pm
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

Cannibalistic-Insanity

I made it "error" until after the first hit happened breaking the illusion  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:07 pm
Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist
Copies targets last move permanently. Only Smeargle can know or use this move for any reason including the effects a Balm Mushroom. Can't copy legendary exclusive moves and only one move with a base power of 100 or more can be known as a time. Can copy moves by any method desired.

So i didn't write up that last part so ill need an explanation. Does this mean i can "encounter" an NPC pokemon with the move id like to copy and do a mock battle and get the move that way or will i need to actually battle an NPC ?

I don't think that should be a valid way to use sketch no. If you want sketch to copy off an NPC, it has to be a real NPC that you roll for and actually battle... Otherwise it would just be way to easy to get all the moves you want.

I think we need to edit sketch again anyways, not just to clear that last part up, but also there's some odd limitations that we didn't put there. Apparently it can't be used against a pokemon who protects itself via crafty shield and it can only copy self destruct and explosion if they're used when another pokemon has damp. :/ This move... is so super weird.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:14 pm
SpectralEternity
Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist

I don't think that should be a valid way to use sketch no. If you want sketch to copy off an NPC, it has to be a real NPC that you roll for and actually battle... Otherwise it would just be way to easy to get all the moves you want.

I think we need to edit sketch again anyways, not just to clear that last part up, but also there's some odd limitations that we didn't put there. Apparently it can't be used against a pokemon who protects itself via crafty shield and it can only copy self destruct and explosion if they're used when another pokemon has damp. :/ This move... is so super weird.
Well crafty shield should state that not sketch i think and i don't think we really need to worry to much about the later. I doubt that could ever become a real problem.
At best a Bullydrum's +60% and a Normal Gem for +1.5 can only increase the moves Dmg by 275 so maxing it at 525 Dmg ...
It can't double due to typings and a chance of a critical hit would require the move focus energy as no items can increase the crit for the move as its not a physical contact move. So at absolute best it can deal 1050Dmg. That's
Turn1 bullydrum Turn2 focus energy and Turn3 Explosion.
That's simply to complicated to be bother pulling off in my opinion with any chance for a critical hit. But i can see the potential for worse ... just not from explosion ... sorry to say.
We could just negate its ability to sketch the two moved but it wont stop a snorlax or lickytong from doing the same thing as they learn all those moves but focus energy naturally. with a balm they even get FE ...  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:50 pm
Cannibalistic-Insanity
SpectralEternity
Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist

Well crafty shield should state that not sketch i think and i don't think we really need to worry to much about the later. I doubt that could ever become a real problem. At best a bullydrum +60% and a item for +1.5 can only increase the moves Dmg by 275 so maxing it at 525 Dmg ... it can't double and a chance of a critical hit would require focus energy as no items can increase the crit for the moves as its not a phyical contact move. That's simply to complicated to be bother pulling off in my opinion.
But i can see a potential for worse ... just not from explosion ...

alright if you think so @ w@  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games