Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

im-all-at-sea

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:32 pm
KaiOfThePie
im-all-at-sea
My name (of my original banned account) is Zonker. I like the socioeconomic parallels drawn between the real world and Gaia.
I'm curious to see which falls apart first.

Your Gaia Socioeconomic Status

It would help my Poll if you added your Worth plus Gold together and told me on my thread.

Welcome to guild I hope it suits your needs and view any questions and ideas don't be afraid ask questions and such <3

Hm, it would appear based off of this I would be "Working Class" at 101,860,970 -- not counting in the items that my brother refuses to allow me to sell (if I wanted to). Counting in every single item that I have I'm at 209,345,970. This is including my Gaia Gold, too. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this -- though compared to other people I would be seen as probably a little poor. O_o I truly miss the days when 1,000 Gold made you rich.

I'm still adjusting the new Poll to reflect the real world. It's on its third revision. Unless you were here in 2002 (a year before Gaia), I am not sure a thousand gold was ever 'rich'. :]~
I hate the new Poll too... I just broke a billion and was hoping to become Super Rich soon. As of the last revision I am freaking Middle Class! This inflation blows...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am
Quadropopilous

Thank you very much!

Yeah, a reset would be pretty nice. Or at least just put a more realistic cap on the marketplace of about, I don't know, 1,000,000? And then lower the cost of stuff and stop with the constant Cash shop updates and actually update the Gold shops. Just sort of make it a little more even to where people who are just starting out actually have a chance at getting some cool items or something.

I will definitely be sticking around! smile  

MyDyingLight

Timid Nymph

21,415 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Master Converter 500

MyDyingLight

Timid Nymph

21,415 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:57 am
im-all-at-sea

Actually, when you hung around the Towns mostly 1,000 made you pretty badass. I can remember someone talking about they had like 2,000 and people were hitting them up from gold.
Middle class huh? That is pretty messed up! Ugh, I really miss the old Gaia...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:17 pm
KaiOfThePie
im-all-at-sea

Actually, when you hung around the Towns mostly 1,000 made you pretty badass. I can remember someone talking about they had like 2,000 and people were hitting them up from gold.
Middle class huh? That is pretty messed up! Ugh, I really miss the old Gaia...

I dunno... wasn't here in '03. I remember in '05 that a letter sold for about 20,000. Wasn't that before we had towns? I never really get into that part of Gaia.  

im-all-at-sea

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:04 pm
Hello R:G

I'm back. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:58 am
Darius Runan

++ You've returned! Welcome back! emotion_kirakira ++

Quadropopilous

Rare

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:02 am
Hey Darius! Welcome back!!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:01 pm
Hello, my name is Angela. I prefer to be called Angela instead of Angie.

I can't afford using any of my real-life money on anything on GaiaOnline nowadays. So, I have to patiently save up gold for all of the items that I have. However, with the hyper-inflation of the marketplace, I will have to be even more patient in order to get items for my avatar.

Some short snippets about me:

I am left-handed.
I am 35 going on to 36 this year.
I am married.
I have 3 cats.
I am creative.
I love anime and cartoons.

Nice to meet everyone and to be apart of this guild. 3nodding  

Cerulean Miko

Blessed Warrior

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:33 pm
Cerulean Miko

I can't afford using any of my real-life money on anything on GaiaOnline nowadays. So, I have to patiently save up gold for all of the items that I have. However, with the hyper-inflation of the marketplace, I will have to be even more patient in order to get items for my avatar.

I am left-handed.
I am married.
I have 3 cats.
I am creative.

Hello Angela! Welcome to Revolution: Gaia! If you haven't already please check out our New Member Handbook which includes our rules, crew roles, and some other resources! One of our guild's biggest symbols is the SOS signs like the one I'm holding. If you'd like one, please let one of the staff know and we'll provide you with one!

I definitely feel your pain on the marketplace inflation. That's one of our biggest concerns here in the guild and we even have our own little methods of trying to help out! First of all don't be afraid to check out our own user run marketplace. If you've got an item you're questing, check our shops for it or request it in the thread. We all make an effort to obtain or sell items to each other at the cheaper pre-inflation prices.

Yay for lefties! I'm one too and my son looks like he's going to be as well. ^_^ I'm also married, I think there's a few of us here in the guild who are.

Thank you so much for joining us! I hope you'll enjoy all of the awesome things our guild has to offer.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:32 pm
Cerulean Miko

I am left-handed.
I am married.
I have 3 cats.
I am creative.

Holy crap! You are like my doppelganger minus 2 years and 2 cats eek

Welcome to the guild *left handed high five*  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:23 pm
Cerulean Miko

++ Welcome to the guild, Miko. So nice of you to join us. Hurray to the three kitties.
Cats are best, aren't they? I have two of my own. An 11 year old nebelung named Sampson
and a 2 year old serengeti named Silla (full name is Samsilla to match with
Sampson's name). They definitely keep everything interesting in the house.

Ah, yes. Inflation. It's turned a lot of everyone's stuff into a never-ending quest.
But hopefully things will change soon. ++

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:53 pm
Pwnder
Cerulean Miko

I am left-handed.
I am married.
I have 3 cats.
I am creative.

Holy crap! You are like my doppelganger minus 2 years and 2 cats eek

Welcome to the guild *left handed high five*
Cool cool emotion_hug

Thanks for the warm welcome *left-handed high-fives you back* 3nodding  

Cerulean Miko

Blessed Warrior

Cerulean Miko

Blessed Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:11 pm
Quadropopilous
Cerulean Miko

++ Welcome to the guild, Miko. So nice of you to join us. Hurray to the three kitties.
Cats are best, aren't they? I have two of my own. An 11 year old nebelung named Sampson

Ah, yes. Inflation. It's turned a lot of everyone's stuff into a never-ending quest.
Thanks for the warm welcome 3nodding

Cats are truly the best. Proud to meet another cat-lover. I have a not-real orangey, striped 2 yr. old named Scooter; a 2 yr. old Siamese named Majik; and a 6 mo. old gray, spotted, and striped kitten named Belle. By all means, these 3 do and so do all cats make things interesting in a house.

I just love how spritely Belle is, especially hearing her little collar bell chime when she's running around in the house. Then, Scooter has this cute habit of finding a ponytail, dragging it around, and playing with it. My sweetie Majik is skittish, but such a sweetheart. I love all 3 of my kitties.

I sure hope something is done so about the hyper-inflation in the marketplace because GaiaOnline just keeps compounding things. I admit that GaiaOnline's tactics really lights a fire under the butts of the impatient to buy GC, but when real-life has bills, kitties, my own self, and my hubby....you have to be patient. Moreover, I learned a very valuable lesson from the closing of Pet Society, SuperPoke Pets, SPP Ranch, and TinierMe that splurging with real-life money on pixels is not a wise investment in the long scheme of things.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:12 pm
Quadropopilous
Cerulean Miko

You want a kitten? my cat is gonna have some soon emotion_kirakira  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:41 pm
Pwnder

You want a kitten? my cat is gonna have some soon emotion_kirakira

++ K-kitties. gaia_kittenstar Sampson would kill me. He's already upset about Silla
(he was so lazy playing with her when she was a kitten.. he'd just lay on the floor
on his side and lazily move his paw around for her. And she'd go crazy about it).
But now that she's older, he's so grumpy with her. ++

🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games