Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:37 pm
hey juni i came up with an idea that might draw peoples to the class of astronomy who was planning on teaching that next term?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:41 pm
Er, I don't know. We haven't taken applications for next term yet. Tina I guess if she returns for it.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:19 pm
ok well if she returns to it im sure i can send her a pm and ask about it
my idea was about personalized horroscopes i have a good place to get them to cause they come out so perfect as long as the info is correct

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:22 pm
I do plan to return. I already have my lessons ready. I just have to be accepted again.

As for your idea James, I was already actually thinking about that. I'll talk more in depth with you in the pm.

Also, I think we should come up with a cap on how much we can take away for a student who signs ups and then is a no show. That way we don't have one class taking away 50 Points and 5 to another class. Especially since we just got the points straitened out for Homework/Classwork and Finals. It makes sense to me to make a limit on how much we should be able to take away for this too.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:28 pm
also i have a minor question when is the term over? our HoH doesnt know either sad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 am
March 1-12: Hogwarts Express (Going Home)
March 12-26: Regular Sorting
March 19-28: Hogwarts Express (Coming to HPGoG!)
March 26- April 4: Start of Term event
April 5: Classes begin
April 23- May 14: Early Sorting
June 4: Classes end
June 4-June 13: End of Term Event
June 13- June 20: Hogwarts Express (Going Home)

(I think I may have said this 30 times throughout the Term, lol.)

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:02 pm
@James: The dates are always going to be listed in the Entrance Hall

Let's not make the whole student no-show complicated. I think teachers can decide to drop people from their class if they're not showing up for months. Once someone is dropped, they cannot come back during term and sign up for the class again. Does that make any sense? Agreed?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:30 pm
Okay, sounds good.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:32 pm
I like that Because if they signup and no show the teacher should have the right to drop them. Dropping them is perfect!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:40 pm

theres one problem with that the people who already read the rules of the guild which say that they are supposed to notify the professor

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:23 am
Yes, but if they don't attempt to contact us or we them, then we should have the right to drop them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:46 am
techpriest35

theres one problem with that the people who already read the rules of the guild which say that they are supposed to notify the professor

Yes, but if they don't attempt to contact us or we them, then we should have the right to drop them.

I can see James' point though, that is a rule so if we want to give the teachers the right to drop the student we may need to change the rule.  

Oshenukhar

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:37 am
I said "should", not defiantly. We need a Mod here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:09 pm
I'm not familiar with this "guild rule" techpriest is talking about; I've only ever seen it in teacher's classrooms. It's never mentioned in the Entrance Hall or the classrooms announcement that this is required. To my knowledge it's purely up to the teacher whether they want students to notify them or not. Where else did you see this?

There's already a cap on how many points you can take from a student if they don't bother to do the work. The most you can take is half the points offered for the assignment. It's up to the teacher whether they do that or not. It's right on the first page of the Staff Room in IceeWitch's quote. If someone taking more points than they should, you need to report this immediately. Further capping shouldn't be necessary.

Whether you drop a student from your class or not would be up to you. It is not required, but you'd have that option.

As teachers you have the responsibility to control your classroom as you see fit as long as it falls under the guild rules. It's up to you how strict or lenient you wish to be with your students. The guild mods don't decide that for you.

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

freddydursley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:48 pm
I just wanted to officially come in here and thank the teachers of last term, and to let you all know that as of next term Iwill become a student only again but before that happens I think that the rule was as Juni stated only in classes in my class the student lost half points for not doing the assignment. I like that rule and the max bing half is awesome.  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff