Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:36 am
Wow, just wow. The sallet helmet looks a bit out of place with the model though. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:58 pm
I can't tell if it's because the model isn't painted yet or not, but the vision slit on the salet helmet looks gummed up.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Asmusei -Faceless Hunter-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:34 pm
Well, I have a bit of something that I'd like to put together, but I'm still not 100% on how to do it:
I'd like to have my Crisis Commander jump-jetting over an Ork Kil Can and blasting the entire top off with the Cyclic Ion Blaster, but I still haven't gotten any Kil Cans to figure any of those parts out. I do, however, have a plan to use the tiny swords meant for drinks to connect the four barrels directly to the Kil Can and possibly dye some cotton blue for the ionization effect.
Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:29 am
Hm...
Well, you can see the bits on-sprue at the GW website for the kan.
Hope that helps.  

bjs.09-00

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:58 am
I've started a recently-converted Nurgle army.
Latest project is taking a chaplain and Nurglifying him in order to use him as a Terminator Lord. Strictly not as a chaplain turned Nurgle, because I know that just ain't right.

User Image
User Image

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:14 pm
Its a cool model, although I dont think a Chaplain would have been the best base to use for a Nurgle Champion, but thats just me.

Good work on the green stuff sculpting. It really stands out and you can look at it and think: lots and lots of nasty germs.

Keep it up  

Lunar Marionette

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:20 pm
Thanks. (:

And you're right about the Chaplain not being the best. It was actually a late decision. I was ordering some other stuff and I found that the Chaplain is still surprisingly cheap considering what you get for your money from GW these days. So I got it. It was mostly the skull face that attracted me to it.

As you can see in the background, I'm using standard Marines with a funky paint job for the rest of the army, so hopefully it won't be too out of place.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:25 pm
Considering Marcus that you actually converted his weapon into a sword and have gone through all the details of turning this guy into a true bio-hazard on legs, I approve!  

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:23 pm
I too, rather like that Nurgley goodness OuO I hope we get to see more of these guys soon!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:34 pm
Okay so I'm getting back into the swing of things and thought I'd share my 'warm-up' to getting back into the hobby.

User Image

Just two Ork Noz with sluggas and Power Klaws. Unlike the average Ork player, I like putting my Nobz on the larger terminator size bases because they are larger, more powerful looking guys which makes them stand out that extra notch from the rest of their boyz and gives me some room to slip some details on the base like the wreckage they are walking over.

When the weather is good enough for me to stand outside and spray paint their base coat on, I'll be applying the rubble base before hand so that it gets sealed into place by the paint as well.  

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:58 pm
DarkReaper40k

That is indeed a nice touch, and GW rules allow you to actually put them on a medium base (one size larger than the base provided), though I wouldn't suggest it for a Nob upgrade for Boyz.

On another note, Asmusei -Faceless Hunter- mentioned a concept for the Tau Sawfish in another thread (sprue ideas), and I went to check it out. Now, I don't play Tau, nor do I know much about their aesthetics, but being a mek at heart,

I

MUST

BUILD

IT!

Of course, when I get around to it (after developing another sprue-use concept and video), I'll likely base it off of a Piranha, and keep y'all posted with work-in-progress photos and whatnot.

Well, I have a bit of something that I'd like to put together, but I'm still not 100% on how to do it:
I'd like to have my Crisis Commander jump-jetting over an Ork Kil Can and blasting the entire top off with the Cyclic Ion Blaster, but I still haven't gotten any Kil Cans to figure any of those parts out. I do, however, have a plan to use the tiny swords meant for drinks to connect the four barrels directly to the Kil Can and possibly dye some cotton blue for the ionization effect.
Any suggestions?

Yes, I have a suggestion. Since a Kan probably wouldn't be that complex, I can actually provide you with one, just because I love to build crap. As for the blue cotton, it might end up looking too much like smoke. Ionization I'd imagine would be incredibly hard to model.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:33 pm
notmuch_23

Yes, I have a suggestion. Since a Kan probably wouldn't be that complex, I can actually provide you with one, just because I love to build crap. As for the blue cotton, it might end up looking too much like smoke. Ionization I'd imagine would be incredibly hard to model.
Well, I was thinking of gluing it along the projectiles and then pealing it away, so as to have just enough for the ionization of the atmosphere around it.
Also, I tried making the Sawfish with a Devilfish because that's all I have on-hand, and it didn't work out. At all. emo Still, you should have some interesting results of your own, I'm quite interested to see what you can do!

EDIT:
Here's the original concept art, posted about a year ago. I've found a few attempts already, just by searching "Sawfish Tau", minus the quotes.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm thinking of making another vehicle for the Tau based on the Piranha hull, but going a completely different direction: the Mako. Mako Sharks are smaller, but extremely fast and a lot of punch for their size, so maybe replace the Drone weapons with either Fusion Blasters or Burst Cannons, add a cover so it's no longer an open-top and teak the engines a bit, maybe separate them from the fuselage some to make free-floating engines. This means that they can swivel on their own up to a full ten inches side to side and ninety up and down.  

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:07 pm
notmuch_23

Well, I was thinking of gluing it along the projectiles and then pealing it away, so as to have just enough for the ionization of the atmosphere around it.
Also, I tried making the Sawfish with a Devilfish because that's all I have on-hand, and it didn't work out. At all. emo Still, you should have some interesting results of your own, I'm quite interested to see what you can do!

EDIT:
Here's the original concept art, posted about a year ago. I've found a few attempts already, just by searching "Sawfish Tau", minus the quotes.

I'm thinking of making another vehicle for the Tau based on the Piranha hull, but going a completely different direction: the Mako. Mako Sharks are smaller, but extremely fast and a lot of punch for their size, so maybe replace the Drone weapons with either Fusion Blasters or Burst Cannons, add a cover so it's no longer an open-top and teak the engines a bit, maybe separate them from the fuselage some to make free-floating engines. This means that they can swivel on their own up to a full ten inches side to side and ninety up and down.

That Mako sounds interesting too. I just picked up a Piranha to try my hand at the sawfish with, but maybe I'll try the Mako if you can tell me a little more about what it's supposed to look like and how it functions.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:52 pm
notmuch_23
notmuch_23

EDIT:

That Mako sounds interesting too. I just picked up a Piranha to try my hand at the sawfish with, but maybe I'll try the Mako if you can tell me a little more about what it's supposed to look like and how it functions.
Alrighty: it should be a heavier-looking version of the Piranha, essentially, so probably a piece of cardstock or what-have-you to cover the cockpit, but have a gap along the front and some on the sides for them to see through, thus no longer open-top. Also, the front weapon could either be replaced by missiles or just filled in and the Drones carrying heavier weapons. The engines would be cut away from the body and have short pieces of sprew connecting the two to give it the appearance of being able to swivel against it. If you keep the wings attached to the engine, you can make it look like they assist in creating lift when they do swivel. I haven't figured much else because I haven't looked at what comes in the box. I'll find pictures and mull over it some and probably post more ideas tomorrow.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:16 am
I was considering doing a winged chapter master. i have looked at warhammer wings, but i dont know what ones would be best.
Im leaning towards these:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440040a&prodId=prod1280034
The empire ones were cool but I think they may be too long.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games