Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:57 pm
sabaku-okami

What you ask for can not be proven by science
Why would we need science to demonstrate objective history?
Quote:

I can care less about honor in the internet because their is none.
Speak for yourself Oathbreaker.

Quote:

I know who I am in person and I know what I am able to do and I'm very happy with myself.
What makes you think that who you are online is not the same as who you are offline? Why build in the false dichotomy?

If you're a liar and an oathbreaker on the internet, you're such as an individual.
Quote:

So to show a kind geusture I will awnser your questions to the best of my ability but know that they can not be proven true. It is an opinon.
Opinions are not sacred, and some of them are wrong.
Quote:

Also can we not be quoting all the time its kinda hard to read whats going on.
It's actually easier for a lot of us. That's why we do it.

Quote:
By what authority are you a godhi? By my word and the word of 26 other people that I know in person
Demonstrate which kindrend you belong to.
Demonstrate that you have undergone the rites, that you have fulfilled the cultural conditions.

Quote:
Who are you a godhi to? Aesir gods and goddesses
What of the others?

Quote:
Why are you ignorant of the feminine form, Gyðja? noep
What do you mean? I asked why are you ignorant of the feminine form, instead suggesting that Volva is synonymous as the feminine counterpart to the Godhi.

Quote:
Why do you imply that the role of the Völva was identical to that of a speaker for the gods? n the prose edda she is the prophet but some call her a preistess
In the Eddas, she fulfills a different role than that of the Godhi. The Gyðja are the feminine counterpart, while the Völva have removed themselves from their social obligations, often traveling and not being tied to a hof.

Quote:
Why do you imply that seiðr was the only magic known to the Norse? That can not be proved or disproved. Magic systems from the south could of came up to the Nords so no.
We can prove that there are other magical systems. There is documentation in the Eddas. I can't fathom how someone who supposedly serves the AEsir is more ignorant of this stuff than I am.

Explain it to us. Why the ******** do I know more about the religion you are a Priest in than you do?

Quote:
Why are you homogenizing and bastardizing Norse culture? I am Nordic by blood so no .
What aspect of genetics suggests it is impossible for you to misrepresent their culture?

I want the haplogroup.

Quote:
Why ignore all the galdrar? Not ingoring it,
You are when you claim that seiðr is the only magic amongst the Norse.

Quote:
but it is written that Odin is the only god to learn magic from the Vanir.
Chapter and verse.

Quote:

What proof do you have that Odin is the only one to know seiðr? yet again it is written
Show us where. Your word isn't good enough.

Quote:
What proof have you that Loki is a giant? He is odins brother and if you don't know that then you should not be here. Loki is half giant along with Odin.
He is Odin's Blood Brother, as mentioned in the Flyting of Loki, but that isn't the same as proving that they are brothers as Vili and Ve are to Odin.

Further- what makes you think that Joten means Giant and is not just another tribe of gods the way the Vanir are?

Quote:
What proof have you that Loki was born knowing how to shape shift? the Edda's try reading them.
Which translation do you recommend and on what pages do you find the statement that Loki was born with the knowledge to shapeshift?

Quote:
Prove that I'm teaching them folly.
I demonstrated one easily shown error in your position. That seiðr is the only form of magic.

Quote:
Or are you under the impression that somehow Godhi is the same as a teacher? prove that I assume that.
Your response above shows that.

You
Me
Often you'll find fools claiming to be Godhi as a way to appeal to personal authority.

Do you think I really care what people think of me in the internet? If that is the case and you think that everyone is lying then waht is the point? Their has to be someone to teach the people where I am at.
Clearly your response to the nature of the role of the Godhi is to suggest that "Their [sic] has to be someone to teach..."
Quote:

What proof have you that Anton LaVey was a hypocrite? He is guilty for putting rules on what you can't do if the book is intended to say do what pleases you.
He explained the difference between herd behavior and awareness. That doesn't make him a hypocrite. Further- by your own reasoning, he did what pleased him in writing his books, which would suggest he followed his own words.

Quote:
What proof have you that Crowley was insane? What prove do you have to disprove my claims?
The burden of proof is on you. I don't have to disprove your claims.

Quote:
the lesser key when he never did the circle yes. If you want proof just do a very invokcations from that book, I'll also give you a few more books to use.
Evocations. Not Invocations.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:58 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Ultramarine Violet
Um... Hi. I'm Ultramarine Violet, but feel free to just call me Violet or Vi.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
xd
eek /told sweatdrop  

Ultramarine Violet

bigdickpenny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:01 pm
Collowrath
sabaku-okami
Violet Song jat Shariff
Namikikyo
sabaku-okami

Hellinstic, or Greek Wicca.

You have disappointed me.

It's like the LD; he doesn't disappoint in disappointing.

wait...I thought that you ment on what it is called.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenistic_religion

That is Hellenistic religion, Hellenic polytheism. It has absolutely zero connection to Wicca. smile

Wiccan is two gods which is polytheism. Now their are differences in wicca, that it is not all the same thing. I am not wiccan but from what I was told a varation of wicca is greek. If not then why can it not be greek, if you pick your own god and goddess. I dont know wicca so I'm only going off of what i know from my friends.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:03 pm
sabaku-okami
Wiccan is two gods which is polytheism. Now their are differences in wicca, that it is not all the same thing. I am not wiccan but from what I was told a varation of wicca is greek...

Yo, Sabaku-okami, I'm really happy for you and I'm gonna let you finish, but Gerald Gardner had the best Wicca of all time. Of all time.  

chaoticpuppet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:04 pm
Ultramarine Violet

I've read the Encyclopedia of Magic(k?)al Herbs, Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, and... something to do with Incenses, Oils, and Brews - that last is a recent acquisition, and I haven't had much call for the formulas in it, just yet, though some of them are interesting.
Oh! That might be one of the reasons you're having a hard time feeling fulfilled by it. Wicca: A Guide, is only about a third of the core material for Standing Stone.

The other third is outlined in Living Wicca and found through introspection.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:05 pm
Ultramarine Violet
Violet Song jat Shariff
Ultramarine Violet
Um... Hi. I'm Ultramarine Violet, but feel free to just call me Violet or Vi.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
xd
eek /told sweatdrop

LOL
*squish*
I'm just kiddin' around wink .

Quote:
Wiccan is two gods which is polytheism.

Ditheistic, actually.
Quote:
Now their are differences in wicca, that it is not all the same thing.

I don't sense a good ending for you on this...
Quote:
I am not wiccan but from what I was told a varation of wicca is greek.

No. You were told incorrectly.
Quote:
If not then why can it not be greek, if you pick your own god and goddess. I dont know wicca so I'm only going off of what i know from my friends.

Wicca works with two deities only; the Lord and Lady of the Isles. They are British gods. You do not get to pick and choose your own gods to insert into Wicca. It is hugely disrespectful to the Lord and Lady of the Isles.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

bigdickpenny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:08 pm
chaoticpuppet
sabaku-okami
Wiccan is two gods which is polytheism. Now their are differences in wicca, that it is not all the same thing. I am not wiccan but from what I was told a varation of wicca is greek...

Yo, Sabaku-okami, I'm really happy for you and I'm gonna let you finish, but Gerald Gardner had the best Wicca of all time. Of all time.

He is an pioneer and a great person. No one can take that away from him.
I do find it interesting how in the 19th century people joined the Golden Dawn and did the *ciances* dont know how to spell it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:10 pm
sabaku-okami
Collowrath
sabaku-okami
Violet Song jat Shariff
Namikikyo
sabaku-okami

Hellinstic, or Greek Wicca.

You have disappointed me.

That is Hellenistic religion, Hellenic polytheism. It has absolutely zero connection to Wicca. smile

Wiccan is two gods which is polytheism. Now their are differences in wicca, that it is not all the same thing. I am not wiccan but from what I was told a varation of wicca is greek. If not then why can it not be greek, if you pick your own god and goddess. I dont know wicca so I'm only going off of what i know from my friends.

It would also be ditheism. smile Check out the Wiccan Faq. There are a lot of misconceptions out there about what Wicca really is, hopefully the faq can help sort it out.

Also, from what I know of Wiccan ritual, it would not be compatible with Hellenic standards for worship - but I'm not really qualified to comment on a mystery religion that I'm not a part of.  

Collowrath

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:13 pm
TeaDidikai
Ultramarine Violet

I've read the Encyclopedia of Magic(k?)al Herbs, Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, and... something to do with Incenses, Oils, and Brews - that last is a recent acquisition, and I haven't had much call for the formulas in it, just yet, though some of them are interesting.
Oh! That might be one of the reasons you're having a hard time feeling fulfilled by it. Wicca: A Guide, is only about a third of the core material for Standing Stone.

The other third is outlined in Living Wicca and found through introspection.
O.o; Oh. That would explain my difficulty in details. Thank you much. I hadn't thought to see whether his other books contained any further info... I kind of assumed that because the other ones I had didn't contain any further material, that the ones I didn't have, wouldn't either.

In retrospect, it was a silly thing to overlook.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:13 pm
Collowrath
sabaku-okami
Collowrath
sabaku-okami
Violet Song jat Shariff

It would also be ditheism. smile Check out the Wiccan Faq. There are a lot of misconceptions out there about what Wicca really is, hopefully the faq can help sort it out.

Also, from what I know of Wiccan ritual, it would not be compatible with Hellenic standards for worship - but I'm not really qualified to comment on a mystery religion that I'm not a part of.

I don't know much about it myself really. I'm just saying what my friend was telling me. She is from greece so I just kinda took it as real.  

bigdickpenny

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:16 pm
sabaku-okami
Collowrath
sabaku-okami
Collowrath
sabaku-okami
Violet Song jat Shariff

I don't know much about it myself really. I'm just saying what my friend was telling me. She is from greece so I just kinda took it as real.

Eh, it happens. It sounds to me as though she bought into the misconceptions of Wicca and applied them where they didn't belong. Being from Greece wouldn't preclude her from the mistake.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:23 pm
Collowrath
sabaku-okami
Collowrath
sabaku-okami
Collowrath

Eh, it happens. It sounds to me as though she bought into the misconceptions of Wicca and applied them where they didn't belong. Being from Greece wouldn't preclude her from the mistake.

Eh, I dont know much so I'm like sure lol. I know more about psionics and evoking then much anything else. I'm trying to find out how Odin rased the dead. Necromancy in the Edda's. That is something that is interesting.
So what do you pratice?  

bigdickpenny

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:28 pm
Ultramarine Violet
O.o; Oh. That would explain my difficulty in details. Thank you much. I hadn't thought to see whether his other books contained any further info... I kind of assumed that because the other ones I had didn't contain any further material, that the ones I didn't have, wouldn't either.

In retrospect, it was a silly thing to overlook.
Pick it up. You might find what you're looking for. As long as you don't confuse Standing Stone for Wica, I see no harm in it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:30 pm
sabaku-okami
I'm trying to find out how Odin rased the dead. Necromancy in the Edda's. That is something that is interesting.
He went into Hel's hall and talked to folks.

Though why anyone would try and cross over into her hall as a mortal is beyond me when you could simply call upon the Disir.

But then, if you knew anything about Norse Cosmology, you would have already thought of that.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games