Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Utsuha Moon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:11 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

Gryffindor || Fourth Year
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

s**t, Sun thought, having misjudged the bludger's course, and instead of being directed into another direction, the iron ore slid over the bad and straight into the Gryffindor's shoulder. The impact stung like hell, a sort of pain that was slightly alien to the fourth year boy. Well, that was his own fault.

Almost immediately after the first impact, a second bludger flew towards him. Too late, he couldn't do anything but brace for impact, which it flew straight into his ribcage. A crunch teared through the air, the sound Sun was all too familiar with, and not two seconds later, the boy started coughing. A disgusting sound, a wet cough, and Sun hacked up blood. Punctured lung. s**t, this was going to hurt. A lot. Wasn't this the same exact injury that drove him to quit quidditch? Was he going to do it again? The boy hovered in the sky, unable to move from the pain, wheezed for air and waited for the hurt to subside. "I forgot how much of a jerk a bludger could be..." Sun grunted.

---------------------------------

When the adrenaline masked a portion of the pain and the numbness settled in, Sun held his breath and aimed the oncoming bludger at Keith.

{OOC; Well shizzum x'D}

Position: Beater
AC: 16
Modi: +4, -2
Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [x] [x] [ ]

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I changed. Now I don't know who I am anymore.

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:20 pm
User Image

User Image

Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year

Contact! Ouch... that looks like it hurt.

Ronna's eyes widened as she saw Sun get hit a second time by her own well aimed bludger. It gave her some pride to know she could actually land a hit but it looked like it hurt, which she sort of felt bad about. Unfortunately, she didn't have much time to reflect as the bludger from Keith came towards her, she tried to dodge but was too slow and end up getting hit in the left shoulder and she winced in pain.

Concentrating she took the bat and swung, this time once again towards Sun as it looked like Sun had already aimed his sights on Keith.

User Image

In Company of: Quidditch team
[Wearing:try out clothes]

{ }

Position: Applying for Beater
AC: 10 +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer)=14
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying (-1 Due to Health)
Aiming at: Sun Henrick
Final Roll: 12 +2 -1 = 13
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [X] [O] [O]

Sir Spazalots
Miss GryffindorK
Utsuha Moon

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:28 pm
User ImageUser Image
ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
It's still an Θϐʂεȿșɩȫπ

ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
That is the Ɋϑҽʂȶϊȭɳ

Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ looked on in horror as Sun was slammed by Bludger after Bludger. There was blood coming from his mouth, so the Healing student knew something was punctured, most likely a lung. The Captain went to grab her broom, but remembered it was in Ronna's hands. She grabbed the whistle from her pocket, then tweeted it loudly, causing Romy to flinch. "Sun! Come down here for a Healing Potion before you get killed. Ronna! If you see someone coughing up their own blood, stop aiming at them. This is practice. We are not trying to knock each other out. Keith... keep it up." She held a hand out in Sun's direction, a small vial of a healing potion in her slender fingers. She was not about to have the boy quit... again.

UT f HARACTER
Sir Spazalots
mc2
Utsuha Moon

If you ʅѻѵϵ me, then Ҭҕɐлҡ Ϋȯʯ!
If you ɦӓτҙ me, then ӺɄҀӃ ϔѲȖ!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:37 pm
User Image

User Image

Great move... Ronna... don't you ever think?

Ronna's eyes widened at Remy's rebuke and she bit back the response she wanted to say: if he was hurt so bad he should have flown down and taken up the offer for the potion. After all, Ronna had. It wasn't her fault he was being stupid, but she still acted reckless. "Sorry, I assumed he was okay considering he didn't chose to land. I guess I should have been more observant of his stubbornness," Ronna answered, a bit more respectfully than her initial thoughts were.

She watched as the bludger she hit missed anyways. It wasn't like she was that great compared to the older students anyways. She glanced over at Keith and let out a sigh wondering why she had even decided to try out in the first place: Right, she told herself, It was a whim. And apparently a stupid one at that.

User Image

{ }

Sir Spazalots
Miss GryffindorK
Utsuha Moon

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:48 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Oh God, bad choice, bad choice. It hurt even more. And that was all because of Sun's own stupid decision. Okay, toughing it out was definitely a bad decision. The boy gently glided the broom over to Remy, thank God for those healing potions, grabbed the vial and promptly gulped it down. It tasted like blood, but at least he could feel his bruises and whatever damage his body took heal.

Then, Sun addressed Ronna, "If this was a real quidditch game, whether you land or not, you'll still be a target, right up until the whistle is blown. Better get practice toughing out the pain than give up halfway through tryouts." Not that it wasn't hypocritical at all of him.

Position: Beater
AC: 16
Modi: +4
Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ] (Consumed healing potion)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
It's still an Θϐʂεȿșɩȫπ

ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
That is the Ɋϑҽʂȶϊȭɳ

Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ blinked when she heard Ronna's words, then looked up at her. "I don't care what you think he should have done, Veronica. You are neither Sun, nor Captain. I happily hold that title. This is a team, not a lordship. You came here and tried out. No one dragged you out to do so. It was clear to see that he was hurt. Heck, I'm on the ground several meters below you all, and I could see it. It wasn't him being stubborn, it was him being Sun. I know him. Yes, he could have come for a Healing Potion, but he didn't. He knows how games actually work. There are no Healing Potions allowed." She glanced at Sun, who'd been Beater with her a few years ago. Gold eyes looked to the sky, then the teen sighed. "Regardless, I have my Beaters picked. Keith, you're going to step up from Reserve to Starting. Congrats. Ronna, I'm putting you in reserve for now, since you need to gain a bit more experience before starting. That means Sun, welcome back to the Starting line. I have faith in you, kiddo. Alright everyone. Great job today. Return your brooms to their owners. I'll see you at the next game, which will be against Ravenclaw." She stretched her back, then waited for her broom to be returned to her, and Romy's to him.

UT f HARACTER
Sir Spazalots
mc2
Utsuha Moon

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:13 pm
User Image

User Image

Foot in mouth much? But she still gave you a chance.

Ronna quickly flew to the ground and said to Remy bowing her head some, "That's not what I meant. And unlike you I don't know Sun. I didn't think and I was stupid. I'm sorry. Thank-you for giving me a chance as reserve. I know the others have more experience and were way better than me anyways."

She held out the broom to her and added red faced, wincing at the movement of her shoulder, forgetting she didn't have the full benefits of the healing potion anymore. Well, she sort of deserved the pain, "Thank-you Captain for lending me the broom. I'll try not to disappoint you like that again. And thanks for the chance as a reserve, it means a lot to me."

Then she turned to Sun and said a quick, "sorry" with a nod of her head.

User Image

{ }

Sir Spazalots
Miss GryffindorK
Utsuha Moon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:41 pm
User ImageUser Image
ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
It's still an Θϐʂεȿșɩȫπ

ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
That is the Ɋϑҽʂȶϊȭɳ

Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ looked at Ronna. She added that she was sorry, so the Captain gently lay her hand on the First year's shoulder. "You did a great job, and I'm not mad at you. A wee bit annoyed, yes, but not at you. I'm glad you came out today. As for being reserve, you're welcome. I bet if you work hard enough, you will make first string. Good luck, Ronna." She took her broom, then flew a few laps, nose to the handle, adding as much speed as her broom could handle. Long hair whipped behind her, but a smile slipped onto her face, then she landed. She looked rumpled, but had a bright smile. using her wand, she called both Bludgers to the case, then locked them in place. She closed the trunk, then sat on it, waiting until the others had left for her to do the same. She glanced beside herself and eyed some paperwork. Crap! "Ronna! Sun! Fill this out!" She held out the paperwork and a couple pens, then sighed lightly.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]House:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
[b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
[b]First Choice Position:[/b]
[b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

UT f HARACTER
mc2
Utsuha Moon

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:53 pm
User Image

User Image

Good. Apologizing works. When you do wrong admit it, right?

Ronna smiled some at Remy's acceptance of Ronna's apology and compliment about with enough hard work she might make starting line. She figured she could with a couple years experience and paying attention in flying class (which she would have done anyways to get a good grade). Ronna watched in admiration as Remy took off on the broom and then suddenly came back and handed her and Sun paperwork. Ronna had thought in the beginning that it was odd there was not more formalities. With a small smile Ronna took the paper and pulled out a quill from her bag she left at the pitch and quickly filled out the form, knowing how lousy her lack of experience and youth looked. Then again she was only a reserve the odds of them needing her was slim. And hopefully they didn't this year even though it would be great to play in a real game. The other two beaters were admittedly way better than her.

mc2

Username: mc2
Character's Name: Veronica Kiss
House: Gryffindor
Year: 1
Advanced Flying I: no
Advanced Flying II: no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: undecided

User Image

{ }

Position: Reserve Beater

Sir Spazalots
Miss GryffindorK
Utsuha Moon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:21 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

And suddenly, Sun was back on the team. He glanced at Ronna, then to Remy, and simply kept quiet. Haha, how funny. The first game Sun would play would be against his brother. Oh well. The boy would most likely take up on a defensive position, considering how he still didn't really want to aim at people. Then, he filled out the form handed to him.

Username: Utsuha Moon
Character's Name: Sun Henrick
Year: Fourth
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
Second Choice Position: N/A

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:23 pm
User Image

User Image 

♫ Pureblood ♫ Chaser ♫ Dating Cameron Rowley ♫

۩I love this гєς๏г๔ baby, but I can't see รҭгคเﻮђҭ anymore.۩ 
                                                            ۩Just ∂คภςє, Gonna be ๏кคұ.۩

Elli walked onto the field with a bucket of brooms and a set of Quidditch balls. Balanced on her shoulder was her own firebolt 2 and hanging from her neck was a whistle. In one of her pockets she had some smelling salts designed to wake students up if they got knocked out and some chews for bloody noses and such. She glanced around the empty field and gulped. This would be her first year as captain and she was determined to make it a winning year. She would push her team to their limits and she would get them at least one win, if she was lucky she'd get them the cup. They derserved it after all the drama they had been through in the past few years. According to history, the spot she now held was cursed though.

She looked around, waiting for the rest of the people trying out to show up and in particular one person. She had yet to assign her Vice Captain, but she knew exactly who she was going to choose. She just had to wait for him to show up so she could tell him. In front of her lay a pile of papers and a cup of pencils. Each member that came to try out would have to fill out one of those papers and hand it back to her before tryouts began.

[b]Username:[/b]
                                                            [b]Character's Name:[/b]
                                                            [b]House:[/b]
                                                            [b]Year:[/b]
                                                            [b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                            [b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                            [b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
                                                            [b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
                                                            [b]First Choice Position:[/b]
                                                            [b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

OOC: Position: Chaser
                                                            AC: 17
                                                            Modifiers: (+7 for shots) (+7 for steals)
                                                            Special Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
                                                            Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                            Above AC steal
                                                            -/3

0-0

۩I can't гє๓є๓๒єг, but it's alright, I'm คใгเﻮђҭ.۩ 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:42 pm
Some things we don't talk about
Rather do without
And just hold the smile
Falling in and out of love
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while
You can never say never
While we don't know when

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Second Year - Twin -
[feeling: nervous] [thinking: I'm probably not going to get an actual spot...] [with: Elliryana] [at: Gryffindor Team Tryouts]

Toby was nervous. Yes, he was willing to admit it. As cocky as he could get, he'd never actually really played Quidditch before. He was a twelve year old trying to get on a Quidditch team full of older, more experienced players. He just hoped none of them would give him a hard time for trying out. The brown haired boy walked up to the captain, an older girl with a Firebolt like his own, which was brand new. It had been expensive, and though his parents had good jobs, money was sometimes tight with six kids. He didn't want the broom to have been a waste if he never actually got on the team. "Hi," he said slowly as he approached her, gripping his broom tightly.

Username: The Forgotten Weasley
Character's Name: Tobias Walsh
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: Currently Enrolled In
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy
Second Choice Position: Chaser

Younger now than we were before.

((This is my first time, ever, rping a character playing Quidditch. The dice system confuses the heck out of me but I'm going to try. Please let me know if I do anything wrong, guys. Thanks!))

But time and time again
Younger now than we were before
Don't let me go
Don't let me go
We're falling apart and coming together
Again and again
We're growing apart but we pull it together
Pull it together, together again

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:22 pm
User Image
You can make the hero you are
With your brains, your aim, and your battle stars
Everybody's got a story, of all their troubles, all their glories
Tell me yours you cannot bore me, there's a hero in you

User Image

Jacob stepped onto the field, eyeing the hoops as he walked. Well, here's to hoping he actually got a chance to play this year. Last year, well, he remembered snippets of tryouts, but nothing concrete. At least he was awake this time, instead of trying to pass out.

First thing he did when he arrived to where people were was that Remy wasn't there. Instead, he was greeted by the sight of Elli handing out forms. Okay, so maybe Remy was late? He didn't know. It was entirely possible. He grabbed a form, and waved to Elli and Tobi, who he vaguely recalled from his sorting. Ugh, this missing a year thing was a mess. "Hey Elli, Tobias, right? Where's Remy? She running late?" He filled the form out quickly as he talked, waiting for the others to reply.

Username: Diamond Wales
Character's Name: Jacob Drage
Year: Fourth
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Dang Healthy
Second Choice Position: Keeper

----------------------------------
State: Patient
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

Socks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:34 pm
User Image

User Image 

♫ Pureblood ♫ Chaser ♫ Dating Cameron Rowley ♫

۩I love this гєς๏г๔ baby, but I can't see รҭгคเﻮђҭ anymore.۩ 

Elli smiled as a young boy approached her. "Hi there! It's nice to officially meet you. I'm Elli." Teal eyes turned to Jacob as he asked about Remy and she frowned for a few moments, before remembering that Jacob had missed all the drama while he was comatose. No one had told him apparently. "I don't know if Remy is coming or not Jacob. She's not the captain anymore. Last year she cheated and bribed to try and win a game and lost her captaincy. I'm captain now.... and that makes you my vice captain... I mean if you want the spot that is." She offered the younger boy a tentative smile, hoping he'd accept the spot. Out of everyone on the team she trusted him most and wanted him to have the spot. He was a good kid.

OOC: Weasley~ Don't worry it's not hard and if you have any questions just ask me~ I'm head of Quidditch!
                                                            Position: Chaser
                                                            AC: 17
                                                            Modifiers: (+7 for shots) (+7 for steals)
                                                            Special Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
                                                            Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                            Above AC steal
                                                            -/3
                                                            0-0

۩I can't гє๓є๓๒єг, but it's alright, I'm คใгเﻮђҭ.۩ 

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Try Out Clothes]
Company: Gryffindor Team Hopefuls

➳ ➳ ➳

At least my broom came in on time.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna took a deep breath and walked onto the field holding her second hand broom-a Cleansweep Eleven. Sure it wasn't the fastest broom or the best broom, but it was a lot better than probably every school broom. It was worth being thrifty on her school gear and clothes to get the broom, or she hoped it would be, she really hadn't had much of a chance to try out the broom.

She noticed the new Captain, who had dyed her red hair brown apparently, and an upperclassman that had probably been one of the many who had fallen under the sleeping "spell" going around the school last year. She noticed Toby with a brand new broom, a Firebolt and she shook her head, so there was competition in her year. She wondered if it would turn out as David had bet and she would get at least reserve beater as she hoped.
mc2

Username: mc2
Character's Name: Veronica Kiss
Year: 2nd
Advanced Flying I: currently enrolled
Advanced Flying II: no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Second Choice Position: undecided

{OCC: I'm still new at the rules and a little rusty from last season so if I make a goof be sure to let me know, thanks.}  
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games