Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xenephale Fairfeather

Devoted Defender

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I really wish I had better quality on my image here, but it's the best I can do right now. Basically I ran out of Musician pieces for my Skaven army, and I took some pieces from the banner sprue and made a Xylophone player. xD I hope that comes out well enough in this image...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:12 pm
Part of a song from "Corpse Bride" comes to mind right now... <3  

Shinobi_8745

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:52 am
It makes me think of those old-school Ork minis that used to have the guitars and such. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:17 am

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:14 pm
Thanks, tried and failed to find those pictures.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:28 pm
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1130426&rootCatGameStyle=

You can still get them apparently. I might just have to...  

Sir Doober

8,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Xenephale Fairfeather

Devoted Defender

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:28 pm
That's reminding me that I have the old Noise Marines with the electric guitars.

Okay, using a ton of spare bits I cobbled together a warpfire thrower for my skaven. Naturally I'll be measuring from the cavalry base so that overly long nozzle is just for show, but that's the fun of it. ^^

Here's the surprising part. The barrel on the back is actually made of Tomb King shields, clipped down and glued around the rim of a pair of hatches from some Rhinos. The hose for the fuel container came from a spare defiler close combat arm *the flail* and the gun itself is mostly eldar guns cut to shreds, with the tip of a tank's autocannon on the tip. It turned out a lot better than I was expecting.

This is my doom-flayer model. A bit clunky, and the image quality isn't as good as the warpfire thrower, but still an interesting looking model.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:18 am
Here's something I made a while ago and have now finally decided to get off my arse and show off.
It's a Dark apostle conversion for my 40K word bearers army.
It needs a bit of work here and there but for the moment I guess it looks okay-ish.
Excuse the crap camera.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:24 pm
In the 41st Millenium, there is only WAR.......
and METAL!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/Asmondai/WH40k/Conversions/PICT0005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/Asmondai/WH40k/Conversions/PICT0012.jpg

Vocalist: Black Templar
Lead-Guitar: Space Wolf
Second Guitar: Ultramarine
Bass: Dark Angels
Drums: Blood Angels

It still misses a Sister of Battle as pianist/second vocalist,
kinda waiting in slight hope that GW publishes them in plastic-kit
when, and if, the new WH/DH codex comes. :3

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:22 am
Someone of you guys have talked about a conversion for Prince Tutankhanut for the Tomb King army...

Could you just tell me in which mag you found this ? I'd really like to give it a try  

Vlad von Karstein

UlrikeRayne

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:23 pm
My current favored of my Chaos would be my Tzeentchian Biker Champion. First off, his left arm is a Space Marine Captain sword held out like he's a bad a** giving orders. His right is the standard Chaos biker arm. His helm would be the Chaos Tzeentch Aspiring Champion helm from the Chaos Space Marines boxed set. His upper body is a tad askew to give him more of a commanding look. His biker has been altered to have a chain on one side with a spike in between his twin linked bolters. When painted, he'll bear the colors of the rest of my army of red and gold (much like the pre-heresy Thousand Sons)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:09 am
The other day I started playing around with the Karamazov Witch Hunter Lord torso, and ended up with this fella.

I know it's not the best of greenstuff work but atleast I'm getting better at it! Won't "fix" anything on him as I declare him as finished (might just add a purity seal or two, that's all), but I still feel like I want to show him off a bit. Otherwise what I can see that I could have done better is his cloth and the plate-thingy on his groin (it makes no sense now that I think of it... but I guess that's how it is when one sculpt at 3 am).

This priest is going to lead a 500pts band of Empire Troopers, slightly inspired on those in the Mark of Chaos intro.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  

Shinobi_8745

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:59 am
burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:14 am
Shinobi_8745
The other day I started playing around with the Karamazov Witch Hunter Lord torso, and ended up with this fella.

I know it's not the best of greenstuff work but atleast I'm getting better at it! Won't "fix" anything on him as I declare him as finished (might just add a purity seal or two, that's all), but I still feel like I want to show him off a bit. Otherwise what I can see that I could have done better is his cloth and the plate-thingy on his groin (it makes no sense now that I think of it... but I guess that's how it is when one sculpt at 3 am).

This priest is going to lead a 500pts band of Empire Troopers, slightly inspired on those in the Mark of Chaos intro.

User Image

god damn it... i need your sculpting skills...  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:47 pm
More pictures, addes some s**t to the handle on his hammer (looks bigger and uglier now, but oversized weaponry is what Warhammer is about isn't it? <3)

Edit:
Ok, hammer is fixed and purity seals added, now he's off to get primed!

User Image

User Image

And for fun if I ever use him in Mordheim I made him a helmet, doesn't look proportional but well... I think it looks ok.

No I didn't bother getting a new picture of him with the helmet when I fixed the hammer.

User Image

c&c welcome yet again.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games