Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x X R e d B e r r y X x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Hihi art guild ^^
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm Tania~Chan if you look a couple posts up u'll see xxTintxx she's my sister in real life. She showed me this guild wanted me to join too. So i decided too ^^. I am hoping to find a mentor so that they can teach me to draw better. Here are some samples of my drawings ::
User Image
User Image

!!!!BTW:: Both of these drawings are not my own characters*****
I use other peoples characters to help me practice drawing**

Well if anyone is interested in mentoring please message me ^^ I' d really apreciate it

<3 Tania~Chan ^3^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:53 pm
Hi everyone, I'm Laila and obvious a new member here.

Um, I'm 19 years old and live in Nevada.

I absolutely love to draw, and love art. I'm not that good of an artist, even though my friends think so. I have many things to improve on, but as far as improving my art, I've done pretty well on that. I'm a self taught artist, but I'm hoping that I can learn more from other people.

If you are interested in my art, check out my deviantart.

I'm also a freelance photographer, I don't have that many pictures up right now on my other deviantart account. I'll have more up soon though >w>  

Laila Izuka

Agile Paladin

13,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Moosicle

Hygenic Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:01 pm
Also obviously new. (:

Just call me... Darkie or.. Revo or... whatever you could come up with.
I'm fine with it. 8D

I love drawing/looking at semi-realism art... Which I've only started practising for about a year. This brings up the "I NEED HELP" thing. I guess I'm looking for a mentor, but would also be willing to be a mentor. ;D

I'll just say I'm most fluent with the pencil.

Hmm. Gallery here. ---> http://artbunneh.deviantart.com/gallery/  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:43 pm
User Image
Greetings. :]

Most call me Kyrstal, but you can call me Ice or whatever else you come up with, just make sure I know you're talking to me. sweatdrop

I've always liked drawing, but haven't actually tried to seriously improve my art until about two years ago. Ox So after drawing in a manga/anime-ish style for a long time, I've recently decided to try drawing more realistically, so that I know the basics better. >.>;

Which means, I'm looking for a mentor, and don't consider myself qualified enough to be one. xD

I look forward to getting to know you all better in the future. <3

treint

Commando Omnipants

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:41 pm
Hey. Not sure if I ever posted an introduction here. I randomly browse through here every now and then. Butchea.

I'm referred to as Omni or Omnoms here usually, but my real name's Brandon. I've recently just started getting back into the groove of drawing . . . I don't plan on doing anything major with it, just a hobby. I like to be productive, and I love being creative.

Currently, I use Photoshop CS . . . though, even more currently it pooped out on me, so I guess I really don't right now. Ha. I also like pencil/pen work on paper, but I usually just end up sketching stuff out and finishing it on the computer. I like vector art. (And I'm currently trying to figure out a way to make a nice leather look for a jacket.)

I need a lot of improvement in a lot of areas, to be honest. The usual areas such as anatomy, clothing folds, and perspective. I can sort of fudge out a decent picture with use of references, but it's all by chance. I hope that this guild helps me grow ability-wise, also . . . that'd be awesome.

Other than that, if you guys would like to chat just message me.
Oh! And my deviantart has very few deviations right now, but here it is: deviantart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:18 pm
Hello, I am Alli. I started learning web page design and realized that instead of just using other peoples work that it was time for me to draw again. So far I only have one picture that is scanned. Most of the old drawings I lost.

User Image

User Image  

Rain Serenity

KAKASHI no Hentai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:29 pm
Hi, I am Hatake Kakashi, I free hand my art and than color it in with Adobe PhotoShop 7.0

Examples:
X
X
X  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:12 pm
Welcome to all the new people. We're glad to have you.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Eizoryu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:13 pm
Hey all! I'm Eizoryu, and I've been a hobbyist artist for most of my life. I've had no formal training outside of high school art classes, yet, so I'm primarily self-taught. :3
I used to use a mechanical pencil (.5mm lead) and Prismacolor colored pencils for the majority of my work, until I acquired a tablet earlier this year. I now use Photoshop/Illustrator CS3 with a Wacom Bamboo Fun 3"x5" tablet.

Outside of Gaia, I'm known in art communities as Chobaryu. Well, what renown I have. xD Found this place through the banner in Errol McGillivray's signature.

All silliness aside, it's great to be here, and I hope to learn a lot! =D  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:13 pm
Another newbie here, not sure what to really say about myself. I'm 22 and currently going to college, I live in Tucson, AZ... and that's about it as far as my interesting life goes, lol.

I hope to find helpful critiques, and return the favor if I ever can. Learning from each other is a great way to improve, I always learn the most about art through other people. smile

My gallery is http://offbeatMiloD.deviantart.com , which... really isn't updated often enough, but you can usually find me more easily around http://cocacoral.livejournal.com smile

I hope to meet a lot of interesting people here!  

CoralYoshi

yiori

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:10 pm
hello names yiori
anyway about my self i am currently studying BA in computer animation in university so if anyone needs some help creating an animation you can ask me. also about my style of drawing at the momment i am experimenting with my chibi,shojo and shinin style drawing because i tend to use most of my drawings for designing my characters to make my animation so hope everyone can help me improve in my drawing skills and hoping to know everybody in the forum
thanks yiori  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:11 pm
well helloo. x3 i amm obviouslyy neww heree. smile myy namess Jazmin ndd im 13-yrrss-oldd. smile myy bdayss in Septt, so imm gonnaa b 14 soonn. smile well, i joinnedd thiss guildd cuzz well, i dntt thinkk imm thtt goodd att artt. i meann, i LOVEE itt, but idkk iff imm anyygoodd. :/ aftrr lookkinn att somee of yuhrrrss i juss amm speachhless. theyy aree soo B-E-A-U-T-F-U-L. smile i juss wishh i culdd b as greatt as yuhh guyyss ndd i hopee i will b mentoredd well. smile  

-xXx-iiHeArT-YuH-xXx-

-xXx-iiHeArT-YuH-xXx-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:20 pm
User Imagebtww thiss iss onee of myy drawinnggss. :/  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 am
Welcome!

Guys, if you want to link to a sample of your work, LINK to it. Let's keep the page stretching to a zero.

Thank you.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

xynree

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:11 pm
hi, call me xyn. =]
i'm currently a junior in high school, self-taught artwise.
there's not much on my dA, but you can check it out here;
http://xynree.deviantart.com/gallery/  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games