Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bigdickpenny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:11 pm
Namikikyo
sabaku-okami

..Greek magick with nordic runes, using celtic goddess or gods with one from another religion. Use germanic offerings and do the spell in english...
I am what you might call a traditionalist. This is an example that I have seen my friend do.

I'm sorry, but this is the first time I've ever heard of "Greek magic".

Do you mind telling me what it is? Or how it works?

Hellinstic, or Greek Wicca.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:14 pm
sabaku-okami
Greek Wicca.

Doesn't exist.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:15 pm
sabaku-okami

What, prey tell, is Greek Wicca?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:23 pm
Cyrus the Elder

You're talking to a regular in a guild of which she has been a long-time member. You are blatantly insulting her to her face.
That really doesn't have a whole lot to do with it. ~shrugs~
Quote:

Do you have no honour? Do you have no sense of hospitality that you would walk into someone else's domain and so clearly treat them with disrespect for daring to question your claims?
He hasn't disrespected Nuri, and it's not my domain. wink  

TeaDidikai

bigdickpenny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:27 pm
Cyrus the Elder
sabaku-okami

NOw here is the great awnser. Prove or disprove my exictance for me being a Godi, Prove that Loki is Odin's borther,

You say you enjoy debates. If this is so, why is it that you are so utterly unable to participate in them? Why do you not know that you, as claiming to be a Ghodi, have the burden of proof upon you? Why do you engage in fallacious tactics to try to shift the burden of proof onto someone who hasn't even made the claims you're asking them to prove?

Quote:
and second

You're talking to a regular in a guild of which she has been a long-time member. You are blatantly insulting her to her face. Do you have no honour? Do you have no sense of hospitality that you would walk into someone else's domain and so clearly treat them with disrespect for daring to question your claims?

Your flaming has no place here, take it elsewhere.

What you ask for can not be proven by science nor can you prove to me to be true so this debate has no point. I also do not care one bit who I am talking to, if you are going to debate with me then so be it. I can care less about honor in the internet because their is none. I know who I am in person and I know what I am able to do and I'm very happy with myself. I do not however have the intent to disrespect people. So to show a kind geusture I will awnser your questions to the best of my ability but know that they can not be proven true. It is an opinon.
Also can we not be quoting all the time its kinda hard to read whats going on.
By what authority are you a godhi? By my word and the word of 26 other people that I know in person
Who are you a godhi to? Aesir gods and goddesses
Why are you ignorant of the feminine form, Gyðja? noep
Why do you imply that the role of the Völva was identical to that of a speaker for the gods? n the prose edda she is the prophet but some call her a preistess
Why do you imply that seiðr was the only magic known to the Norse? That can not be proved or disproved. Magic systems from the south could of came up to the Nords so no.
Why are you homogenizing and bastardizing Norse culture? I am Nordic by blood so no .
Why ignore all the galdrar? Not ingoring it, but it is written that Odin is the only god to learn magic from the Vanir. It is possible that Odin could of taught it to the humans but heir is no line that says that.
What proof do you have that Odin is the only one to know seiðr? yet again it is written
What proof have you that Loki is a giant? He is odins brother and if you don't know that then you should not be here. Loki is half giant along with Odin.
What proof have you that Loki was born knowing how to shape shift? the Edda's try reading them.

You say "Their has to be someone to teach the people where I am at." Teaching men folly is hardly teaching. Confusing them with your errors does them an injustice. Prove that I'm teaching them folly.

Or are you under the impression that somehow Godhi is the same as a teacher? prove that I assume that.

What proof have you that Anton LaVey was a hypocrite? He is guilty for putting rules on what you can't do if the book is intended to say do what pleases you.
What proof have you that Crowley was insane? What prove do you have to disprove my claims?
What makes you think reading a book in a specifically shaped structure is unsafe? the lesser key when he never did the circle yes. If you want proof just do a very invokcations from that book, I'll also give you a few more books to use.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:36 pm
Furthermore you can not prove a belief. So this is stupid. What is your experence with magic systems, cultures, and how long have you been studying?  

bigdickpenny

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:38 pm
sabaku-okami

What you ask for can not be proven

It kind of can though; what roles of godhi do you fill? By which deity are you a godhi?
Quote:
nor can you prove to me to be true so this debate has no point.

If Cyrus has to prove to you that you're a godhi (as proving to you that you are not a godhi would be fallacious; I'm sure you know that seeing as how you're such a good debater amirite?) that's pretty ******** sad.
This debate has no point because you keep dodging questions and shifting the burdens of proof. Debate can't be had when the other person doesn't wish to back up the claims he has made.
Quote:
I also do not care one bit who I am talking to, if you are going to debate with me then so be it.

Tea, were you still getting that irony trout?
Quote:
I can care less about honor in the internet because their is none.

Wow, what kind of godhi are you? confused
"Oh well I don't feel there's any honor in environment X so I'll just act like a douchebag!"
Great.
Quote:
I know who I am in person and I know what I am able to do and I'm very happy with myself.

Good on you.
Quote:
I do not however have the intent to disrespect people.

But you've already said the internet has no honor....so which is it?
Quote:
So to show a kind geusture I will awnser your questions to the best of my ability but know that they can not be proven true. It is an opinon.
Also can we not be quoting all the time its kinda hard to read whats going on.

No.
Quoting makes it EASIER to read what is going on.
Quote:
By my word and the word of 26 other people that I know in person

What qualifies you and those other people to declare you a godhi?
That would be like me saying I'm the president of the US because I said so and so did 26 third graders.
Quote:
noep

?
Quote:
I am Nordic by blood so no .

"But I have heritage in that culture! I clearly can not be misinterpreting it in horrid, inconsistent ways!"
rolleyes
Quote:
Not ingoring it, but it is written that Odin is the only god to learn magic from the Vanir. It is possible that Odin could of taught it to the humans but heir is no line that says that.

Where is that written?
Quote:
Prove that I'm teaching them folly.

If your posts here are any kind of accurate reflection, the proof is in the pudding.

Quote:
What prove do you have to disprove my claims?

FAIL.
EPIC AND UTTER FAIL THAT IS AKIN TO DIVIDING BY ZERO.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:39 pm
sabaku-okami
Furthermore you can not prove a belief. So this is stupid. What is your experence with magic systems, cultures, and how long have you been studying?

Yea you can.
If I believe that Aprhodite is a virgin goddess born from fire and bile, we can look in the myths and my belief can be verified to be wrong.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:43 pm
sabaku-okami
Namikikyo
sabaku-okami

..Greek magick with nordic runes, using celtic goddess or gods with one from another religion. Use germanic offerings and do the spell in english...
I am what you might call a traditionalist. This is an example that I have seen my friend do.

You have disappointed me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:45 pm
Namikikyo
sabaku-okami
Namikikyo
sabaku-okami

It's like the LD; he doesn't disappoint in disappointing.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

bigdickpenny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:47 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Namikikyo
sabaku-okami
Namikikyo
sabaku-okami

wait...I thought that you ment on what it is called.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenistic_religion  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:49 pm
sabaku-okami
Violet Song jat Shariff
Namikikyo
sabaku-okami
Namikikyo
sabaku-okami

I think the proper term is Hellenismos.
But it is certainly not called "Greek Wicca."  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:50 pm
sabaku-okami
Study, I do enjoy debates, nothing personal but its fun sometimes. I do wish you luck in your studies. Their is no one system better then the other. What intrests do you have in? I first did Psionics, I know the term is new age what ever I loved it nad it did help my later when donig certian rituals because you alrighty have a good feel for the energy.
Well, I'm currently studying Tarot, as well as a few light thought exercises in elemental energies/magics, until I can find a good source. ^.^ Elemental magic and correspondences(sp?) have always interested me, even more so than herbalism/herbology, which I've been studying off-and-on for about six years.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:50 pm
sabaku-okami
Violet Song jat Shariff
Namikikyo
sabaku-okami
Namikikyo
sabaku-okami

That is Hellenistic religion, Hellenic polytheism. It has absolutely zero connection to Wicca. smile  

Collowrath

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:56 pm
TeaDidikai
Ultramarine Violet
Heh... I didn't realize when I posted that, that there was another Violet something-or-another in here - UV will work, as well. redface
Your names are incredibly similar. I'll likely just spell yours out completely.

Quote:
I guess the reason I feel silly about Standing Stone is that it seems kind of... incomplete, when compared with the complexity of other systems I've encountered. It feels like being proud to be in sixth grade, and then matching wits with a college student. I do feel that my knowledge and practice is every bit as valid as the next person's, just... incomplete. Lacking depth and detail.
When it comes to modern paganism, it's a very self contained and simple system that can be supplemented with other areas of interest.

Which books of Cunningham's have you read?
Fair 'nuff.

I've read the Encyclopedia of Magic(k?)al Herbs, Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, and... something to do with Incenses, Oils, and Brews - that last is a recent acquisition, and I haven't had much call for the formulas in it, just yet, though some of them are interesting.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games