Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:47 pm

Dear Universe,

Next time you wish to remind me of my mortality, please select a better location. Something other than the service elevator on the seventh ******** floor!

~Tea
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:49 pm

Some idiots need to realize that just because one groups says another group is not part of their religion, doesn't mean the first group is correct. stare

The argument in question had to deal with Christianity. I think I've made the point to some hardcore Christian friends that it's rather awful when a non-Christian knows more than the average one. gonk

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:22 pm

Can't I just ******** be on and off my feet here and there for one full set of 12 hours without my ******** body falling apart?

It isn't ******** hard. I'm not disabled, I don't have joint issues, or muscular problems. I have absolutely no known bodily issue that could be causing this. Yet if I'm on my feet for long enough, I start getting world ending foot spasms and lose the ability to walk.

The ******** is wrong with my feet?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:17 pm

why do people think that memberships to subscriptions that they have paid for, which you yourself have to pay for to view, count as evidence? what thought process is logical in thinking, "well, it says it here, if you're too lazy to pay or go to your library (now for effective debate), it's your problem not mine"?

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:55 am

saint dreya
why do people think that memberships to subscriptions that they have paid for, which you yourself have to pay for to view, count as evidence?
It is evidence. A persons inability to view the evidence doesn't change it's nature.

Quote:
what thought process is logical in thinking, "well, it says it here, if you're too lazy to pay or go to your library (now for effective debate), it's your problem not mine"?
They should be quoting and citing the piece openly. confused
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:41 pm

what the heck is eclectic Wicca or neo-Wicca? i don't understand how people think they're diverging from something when they don't even understand fully what it is they're diverging from.

crying

i never knew calling yourself simply "neopagan" was so difficult! is "Wiccan" really that edgy?

aoijea23487

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Toasty Marshmallow
what the heck is eclectic Wicca or neo-Wicca?

Someone who doesn't understand how closed traditions work or why, and would much rather steal a title that they didn't properly earn biggrin .

By extension of this, I hate it when someone is corrected in one guild or thread, and then they pop up in another thread or guild claiming to be the exact same thing that they were told they are NOT. Do they really think the (correct)answer changes if they go somewhere else? stare .
I'm trying to work up the energy to once again explain to someone why they are not an Eclectic Wiccan and why believing in the Rede, the Threefold Law, and the Lord and Lady doesn't mean they're Wiccan by a long shot.
Quote:
i don't understand how people think they're diverging from something when they don't even understand fully what it is they're diverging from.

crying

i never knew calling yourself simply "neopagan" was so difficult! is "Wiccan" really that edgy?

I often wonder the same thing.
*ponders with Toasty*
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:48 pm

Violet Song jat Shariff
I'm trying to work up the energy to once again explain to someone why they are not an Eclectic Wiccan and why believing in the Rede, the Threefold Law, and the Lord and Lady doesn't mean they're Wiccan by a long shot.

exactly! i did this to some girl in a "Wiccan" forum just today or yesterday [i'm sick... my memory is shot sweatdrop ]. following the Rede does NOT make you Wiccan! does no one understand orthopraxy?

they've got this thread going over there BAWWWing about how people from this forum and around M&R constantly correct them about how they label themselves. i keep having to correct them even there =/

aoijea23487

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:26 pm

Toasty Marshmallow
Violet Song jat Shariff

exactly! i did this to some girl in a "Wiccan" forum just today or yesterday [i'm sick... my memory is shot sweatdrop ]. following the Rede does NOT make you Wiccan! does no one understand orthopraxy?

they've got this thread going over there BAWWWing about how people from this forum and around M&R constantly correct them about how they label themselves. i keep having to correct them even there =/

Seriously? I want to see this. PLEASE.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:46 pm

Toasty Marshmallow
Violet Song jat Shariff

To be fair, orthopraxy isn't very mainstream (from what I can tell) so when people hear about it, it's a sort of "Wait, what? Are you shitting me??" moment. But once they want to stop with the BAWWWWing and tantrum it isn't a hard idea to work their mind around at all.

And I agree with Nuri; I want to see this too.

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Listen up, dickwad.
I don't mind listening to you. I know that everyone needs someone to listen to them. I listen to a lot of people.
But DO NOT turn around and spit on it by being snide to me about things that don't even directly pertain to you.
I can honestly say you are the only person I've regretted listening to stare
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Walking 45 minutes through the ******** rain in the whipping winds is not working real hot for me.

Recursive Paradox

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:02 pm

Violet Song jat Shariff
Toasty Marshmallow
Violet Song jat Shariff

To be fair, orthopraxy isn't very mainstream (from what I can tell) so when people hear about it, it's a sort of "Wait, what? Are you shitting me??" moment. But once they want to stop with the BAWWWWing and tantrum it isn't a hard idea to work their mind around at all.

here it is!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=15123235&page=1

i think the guild is private, so you can see the thread but not post.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:23 pm

Toasty Marshmallow
Violet Song jat Shariff
Toasty Marshmallow
Violet Song jat Shariff

here it is!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=15123235&page=1

i think the guild is private, so you can see the thread but not post.
Wow nice find.

Really Starlock.... really?

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:33 pm

As much as I hate the "Your tone is bad, I'm not going to listen to you!", there is a point there. The pile-on that happens in M&R is extremely off-putting and mean. One or two people correcting or questioning, but I've seen horrific trainwrecks that don't need to happen, because everyone needs to tell someone they aren't Wiccan.

It's something I don't want here. Okay? This needs to be a constructive place, and while you have to tear down sometimes to rebuild, we don't need C4 being applied.

I'd love to see that happen in M&R too, but I am not queen of the ED. I can only lead by example.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games